Baylor at Colorado - score prediction

2,212 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by vanillabryce
MrGolfguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Call your shot

Bears & Buffs from Boulder

GO!
IowaBear
Bears 38-31
Really think we win this one as long as we don't start flat. At some point we're going to come out guns blazing. Hopefully that's this weekend.
We really need a healthy Carl Williams Saturday
BearlyBeloved
Prime gets pushed to second-place.

Our Bears leave Boulder with a 38-28 victory.

guadalupeoso
27-20 Colorado. Colorado is not good, and our defense is improved. But I do not have any confidence in this team putting it all together for a road win against a power 4 team. Hope to be proven wrong - certainly think we are capable of winning - but haven't seen anything from the Bears yet to give me confidence in picking them in a spot like this.

OsoCoreyell
Our D is for real. But I'm worried about scoring.

I would just be surprised if we can score more than 20 on the road. I would be surprised in Colorado scored less than 20. So I'm predicting 24-20 bad guys.
SIC EM 94
With the 90% chance of rain in the forecast I think this becomes a lower scoring game than anticipated. Unfortunately I'm afraid our Defense gets exposed in this one.

Colorado 27
Baylor 23
Killing Floor
17-10 BAYLOR BEARS FIGHT

and Shedeur blames Holt. Prime blames CBS
Let’s Go!
artjadams
Baylor 28
Colorado 17
BBWCBear
IowaBear said:

Bears 38-31
Really think we win this one as long as we don't start flat. At some point we're going to come out guns blazing. Hopefully that's this weekend.
We really need a healthy Carl Williams Saturday

I have to think, being an away game and an opponent that will be pumped with a lot of confidence for a sub opponent, BU will start either flat or inundated with self induced penalties or both putting us in a usual hole to work out of. Hunter will probably have a record day on either side of the ball. Baylor just doesn't do well away from home. Beaten getting off the plane to play.
IowaBear
The only 2 conference games won last year were on the road. Granted we didn't start fast in either.
Was at the Cincy game. That was a sneaky tough environment. For as small as that place was it got rather loud at points.
If we survive the early juice CO will surely come out with we can win this game. If we get down 14-21 right away we're getting destroyed
WA Jim
Buffs expose the secondary - Bears can't keep up trying to control clock and play keep away - but can't find more than 3 per carry - Buffs 31 Bears 17
BBWCBear
IowaBear said:

The only 2 conference games won last year were on the road. Granted we didn't start fast in either.
Was at the Cincy game. That was a sneaky tough environment. For as small as that place was it got rather loud at points.
If we survive the early juice CO will surely come out with we can win this game. If we get down 14-21 right away we're getting destroyed

I know this doesn't come as a surprise, but if we could score first, hold CO to a field goal/punt and score again we may conjure up a realistic confidence to finish out in Boulder. It's a Tall orde, but it's all I got to hang a hat on for success.
ImABearToo
31-24 Buffs. As usual, we get down early, rally in the second half, CU holds on. Prime conducts typically obnoxious post game presser.
dstaylor57
Our DB's have yet to be tested by a quality passing QB. I hope we blitz our DE Tech transfer every play as that seems to give the Colorado QB problems. Their WR #1 is a stud and will be hard to stop as he is more athletic than pretty much any DB in the country. If Robertson starts, I think we have a chance to win the game. If Finn starts, I have doubts.
Karab
21 - 24 Buffs.

On paper, I like Baylor's odds. But my gut does not believe this team can have a strong 1Q on the road in a rocking stadium. I think we are going to see some hesitation, some nerves, some flat feet, and it's going to cost us early before we get going. This team just hasn't settled yet into its identity in new systems and doesn't have the mindset to swing first--something I think will come along later in the year.
MrGolfguy
Baylor Bears 26
Colorado Buffs 23
ParadeOfBears
Sawyer starts: 31 - 24 Bears!

Finn starts: 31 - 14 Buffs....
Big12Fan2024
CU 45
Bears 35
MrGolfguy
any more believers?
Bearsalwayswin
bears 24
prime timers 17
jsstewar
Tough matchup with high end skill difference. Colorado 34 Bears 17.
EatMoreSalmon
48-24 Bears

D has a decent day.
Stranger
jsstewar said:

Tough matchup with high end skill difference. Colorado 34 Bears 17.

defensive struggle

Buffaloes 4
Bears. 2
ScottS
Baylor 100
CU 0
Grumpy
Only because elevation and Boulder:

Buffs 38
Bears 20
Jorkel
Well if it's supposed to rain a lot. Either, the rain will prevent either team from throwing effectively, which I'll take our slightly less bad run game vs their bad run game…or…rains enough to make the field a little tough to play defense and we can't tackle CO speed on the perimeter.

28-17 Buffs
SirBearALot
Bears 30
Coors 24
Greenboy232
Ralphie 30
Bruiser 20

My $100 on CU -1 pays, giving me cold-comfort after another loss.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Buffs 31
Bears 24

Johnny Bear
If Sawyer Robertson is our QB: CU 30, BU 27.

If it's Finn: CU 38, BU 16.
MrGolfguy
Appears a Baylor win will be unexpected by most & a really good thing
WA Jim
Greenboy232 said:

Ralphie 30
Bruiser 20

My $100 on CU -1 pays, giving me cold-comfort after another loss.

Good call - I did $80 and gave up 1.5 - but $100? Don't have that kind scratch
Aliceinbubbleland
Buffs 31
Bears 17
SMack
Baptists 2
Stoners 4
ZachTay
Baylor has a really bad day away......as it showed a clear propensity for the last two seasons. And when given the opportunity to step on the dazed victim's neck, Coach Prime does not take his foot off the offensive pedal because he needs 1) program redemption from Weeks 1 & 2 and 2) more stats for his son's run at Heisman and the #1 pick.

A meeting of storms, that ends unfortunately badly for Baylor.

10 Baylor
49 Colorado

Sadly, Sic'em........

(Don't worry about bashing me after a final is known. I'd gladly take a Bears win.....)
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.