Football
Sponsored by

Big 12 Best Running Backs in 2019

3,349 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by drahthaar
soonerrhea
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://lastwordoncollegefootball.com/2019/06/11/top-five-big-12-running-backs-in-2019/
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
I thought Pooka was charged with beating up his girlfriend or something? Did all of that go away?
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
MrGolfguy
Lovett got moved to safety i thought.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
Johnny Bear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I thought Pooka was charged with beating up his girlfriend or something? Did all of that go away?
Since KU has been a consistent bottom feeder in the conference that doesn't beat OU or UT (other than the one fluke win over failed HC Charlie Strong's last team), it doesn't matter.
Hob Howelll
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Kansas used the tried-and-true "wait until everybody forgets about it then quietly reinstate with the promise that he's learned his lesson" technique
DanaDane
Dennis Dodd is outraged at everything Baylor. Someone should ask him why he seemingly has a double standard for Pooka and KU.
Sailor Bear
I have to ask... Would you rather have:
A.) One A+ back two B+ backups, or
B.) Three A- backs who can all start?

The law of averages says the two options are equal, but...
1.) BU didn't have a single back crack the top 10 last season, yet we finished 4th in the conference in rushing.
2.) Kansas had Pooka and finished 6th in rushing.
3.) Iowa State had David Montgomery, who averaged 1 less yard per game than Pooka, and finished dead last

So, offensive line play being equal, I'll take Hasty/Ebner/(Lovett)/Williams over one Pooka or David Montgomery any day of the week.

http://www.big12sports.com/fls/10410/pdfs/football/2018OverallStats.pdf?&DB_OEM_ID=10410
ShooterTX
Bearish said:

I have to ask... Would you rather have:
A.) One A+ back two B+ backups, or
B.) Three A- backs who can all start?

The law of averages says the two options are equal, but...
1.) BU didn't have a single back crack the top 10 last season, yet we finished 4th in the conference in rushing.
2.) Kansas had Pooka and finished 6th in rushing.
3.) Iowa State had David Montgomery, who averaged 1 less yard per game than Pooka, and finished dead last

So, offensive line play being equal, I'll take Hasty/Ebner/(Lovett)/Williams over one Pooka or David Montgomery any day of the week.

http://www.big12sports.com/fls/10410/pdfs/football/2018OverallStats.pdf?&DB_OEM_ID=10410

Agreed. Each of our backs runs a little different, which forces the LBs to be on their toes. Expecting a Hasty-esque jump cut, but get a face full of Ebner stiff arm instead. Expect a Lovett style shoulder drop, but get beat to the outside by a Sqwirl.
Looking forward to August!
Grizz Air
most people on this board seem higher on ebner than on Lovett. both are excellent in my opinion. if we get some briles-era OL sized holes for people to run through, pretty much all these guys are gonna be looking like lache seastrunk.
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
ShooterTX
Grizz Air said:

most people on this board seem higher on ebner than on Lovett. both are excellent in my opinion. if we get some briles-era OL sized holes for people to run through, pretty much all these guys are gonna be looking like lache seastrunk.

I really like Lovett as our #1 back, but I think Ebner has a little more flexibility as he is a bit better as a receiving back than Lovett. It's a moot point anyway since Lovett is moving to defense. It's pretty amazing when your #1 RB moves to the other side of the ball. Good thing we still have some solid RBs to fill the gap.
Sailor Bear
ShooterTX said:

Grizz Air said:

I really like Lovett as our #1 back, but I think Ebner has a little more flexibility as he is a bit better as a receiving back than Lovett. It's a moot point anyway since Lovett is moving to defense. It's pretty amazing when your #1 RB moves to the other side of the ball. Good thing we still have some solid RBs to fill the gap.
If Lovett really does move to safety, CMR ain't playing around with the need for speed in the secondary. It's the opposite of the Briles approach, where all the top speed was on the offensive side of the ball. The fastest guy on the team is already playing CB for us. We're crazy deep at WR and RB, not so much in the secondary, which we know all too well.

Also Lovett at safety = more time for Sqwirl and I'm down with that.
ShooterTX
Bearish said:

ShooterTX said:

Grizz Air said:

If Lovett really does move to safety, CMR ain't playing around with the need for speed in the secondary. It's the opposite of the Briles approach, where all the top speed was on the offensive side of the ball. The fastest guy on the team is already playing CB for us. We're crazy deep at WR and RB, not so much in the secondary, which we know all too well.

Also Lovett at safety = more time for Sqwirl and I'm down with that.
Totally agree! That TD run was just too dang good! I got a fevah... and the cure is more Sqwirl!!

I'm glad that CMR is going for speed in the secondary. It makes a ton of sense, considering the offenses we see in our conference. We need DBs who can cover a lot of territory in a short amount of time. Gotta drop back to cover the deep pass, and then close the gap when the QB starts to scramble. It's just comical when the national media claims that the Big12 can't play defense. Reality is that our defenses have to try and stop the most explosive offenses in the nation. It's a lesson that Georgia learned the hard way in their bowl game last year. And Mizzou learned it in back to back bowl losses to the Big12.
It's one thing to beat the OOC offenses, but we really need to take it up a notch to stop the offenses in our conference. Here's hoping it works!

BaylorRocks
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Everyone calm down now.......Brenda Tracy is on it.

Oh wait, no she's not. No paycheck in it. My bad.
boognish_bear
drahthaar
"The Last Word" is malnombre. I'd have to think long and hard about trading Ebner or Lovett for anyone on that list.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.