Stickers on helmets

8,836 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jdrs
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I noticed these while watching on TV

PartyBear
That's awesome
BayouCity
Any pics? I was at the game and didn't notice anything.
boognish_bear
BayouCity said:

Any pics? I was at the game and didn't notice anything.

Not really a close up But gives you the idea

No Longer Gold
Gay.

Yet another disastrous change to our near perfect traditional look.
Krieg
Run for 200 yards on the year I hope since it's equated to a single takeaway, lol.

I'd rather not have them, but if we're doing them I'd love to have an exact list of how they're earned.
whitetrash
Krieg said:

I'd rather not have them, but if we're doing them I'd love to have an exact list of how they're earned.
Maybe they could be like merit badges and wear them on a vest or sash.

boognish_bear
Krieg said:

Run for 200 yards on the year I hope since it's equated to a single takeaway, lol.

FormerFlash
I love helmet stickers as a college football tradition. Glad to see it brought to Baylor.
Krieg
boognish_bear said:

Krieg said:

Cool, thanks!

Side note, Rhule wears some strange shirts.
PartyBear
He was dressed oddly at the game. He wasn't wearing the unified brand at all. Not sure if he is trying to be like Bellichik of college football in terms of style or what......
Krieg
Yeah, and what he had at the game was what he wore at Meet the Bears, too.

I don't really mind I just can't figure out what he's actually wearing. It's a hoodie, it's multicolored, it's either short sleeved or sleeveless with a white undershirt. So many possibilities and none are normal, lol.

As for the United thing I never really cared for the idea but at least it could've been executed correctly. The field isn't the same yellow, the band was in all black, the coaches have all kinds of stuff on, and even the soccer team wore grey their first game. I was fine with all the old stuff but this feels a lot like "One True Champion." Great for marketing but completely false in reality. Then again I'll still be in my old stuff, so...
OsoCoreyell
Yes, this is something we haven't done before. Yes, it looks different than before. Repeat slowly after me while breathing in-and-out deeply: "New stuff is not a threat...New stuff is not a threat...New stuff is not a threat..."

Fell better? Good job!!!
Jacques Strap
I earned a sticker last game!!
No leftover Amber Ale in the fridge (i.e. no turnovers!)

CorsicanaBear
Saint Grant gave out helmet stickers. They were stars. I believe a number of them appear on the helmet in this picture. I do think the stars looked better than the blind wolverine stickers, but then the gold helmets looked better too.

Illigitimus non carborundum
Timbear
Stickers are motivating. I think it's great.
3 and OUT
This could turn out to look cool. My only wish was that Nike would have come up with a cool secondary bear claw logo and we could use that instead of the bear head logo for this purpose.
Pro Ecclesia, Pro Texana
blueskymesa
CorsicanaBear said:

Saint Grant gave out helmet stickers. They were stars. I believe a number of them appear on the helmet in this picture. I do think the stars looked better than the blind wolverine stickers, but then the gold helmets looked better too.

Each star on this helmet represented each one he cracked.

I remember the first game he started as a Bear. By the end of the game the PA announcer would say, " and you guessed it...Mike Singletary on the tackle."
BayouCity
I'm generally okay with the idea of this to a point but let's not go too crazy. Any more than 3-4 stickers in addition to the several we already have will start to look like a high school team.
PartyBear
3 and OUT said:

This could turn out to look cool. My only wish was that Nike would have come up with a cool secondary bear claw logo and we could use that instead of the bear head logo for this purpose.

I think a Native American style bear claw would be a really cool logo for us. Kind of a tribute to the Huaco tribe for which Waco is named.
FormerFlash
PartyBear said:

3 and OUT said:

I think a Native American style bear claw would be a really cool logo for us. Kind of a tribute to the Huaco tribe for which Waco is named.
I could get down with that. Any pics you can share to show what you mean by "Native American style?"
Saddle Up!
OsoCoreyell said:

Yes, this is something we haven't done before. Yes, it looks different than before. Repeat slowly after me while breathing in-and-out deeply: "New stuff is not a threat...New stuff is not a threat...New stuff is not a threat..."

Fell better? Good job!!!

I don't care if you repeat this, or how fast, if you do. New is not a trump card that replaces reasoned discourse and decisions, and new is not superior or automatically better, simply by virtue of its newness, no matter how special the originators think it is.
FormerFlash
Saddle Up! said:

OsoCoreyell said:

Fell better? Good job!!!

I don't care if you repeat this, or how fast, if you do. New is not a trump card that replaces reasoned discourse and decisions, and new is not superior or automatically better, simply by virtue of its newness, no matter how special the originators think it is.
Nor is old superior or automatically better, simply because it's tradition or historic or the way it has always been, no matter how stuck in the past a bunch of old people on an internet message board are.

See? It goes both ways.
Jorkel
I loved getting stickers on my helmet.
BearlyBeloved
DubDub said:

Gay.

Yet another disastrous change to our near perfect traditional look.
Teaff awarded helmet stickers.

They looked good.
BearlyBeloved
PartyBear said:

He was dressed oddly at the game. He wasn't wearing the unified brand at all. Not sure if he is trying to be like Bellichik of college football in terms of style or what
Yes Rhule's outfit was ugly and I agree that CBB and CMR aren't winning fashion awards. But if that's my biggest gripe then I am happy.

CHP Bear
If we're going to have stickers then everyone gets one. No player will have more than another. No favoritism. After all the player holding the bag at practice contributes to another's success on the field. No "I" in team.
PartyBear
Flash as I was typing that I was thinking something along the lines of the logo for Disney's Brother Bear. That was the image in my head but really any tribal style bear claw would be cool. You can google image some. Anyway a tribal style bear claw would be a really cool secondary logo. So cool our players would probably get it tatted on them as well.
Wichitabear
Totally agree
Wichitabear
That is very cool.
FormerFlash
PartyBear said:

Flash as I was typing that I was thinking something along the lines of the logo for Disney's Brother Bear. That was the image in my head but really any tribal style bear claw would be cool. You can google image some. Anyway a tribal style bear claw would be a really cool secondary logo. So cool our players would probably get it tatted on them as well.
The brother bear one isn't too bad. The word "tribal" doesn't bring to mind anything I would be interested in. That seems more along a bro-tastic slow pitch softball jersey complete with tribal designs, flames, and as much diamond plate as you can design in.
303Bear
I like helmet stickers and glad we have them (logo aside, which I am still not a fan of).
PartyBear
FormerFlash said:

PartyBear said:

The brother bear one isn't too bad. The word "tribal" doesn't bring to mind anything I would be interested in. That seems more along a bro-tastic slow pitch softball jersey complete with tribal designs, flames, and as much diamond plate as you can design in.
I'm not too sure what you are referring to. When I say tribal design I'm meaning basically a native American styled bear claw. I guess these native american styled animal symbols are more prevalent in the pacific northwest and the mountain west region. Anyway the bear claw would be cool.
Baylorbear88
CHP Bear said:

If we're going to have stickers then everyone gets one. No player will have more than another. No favoritism. After all the player holding the bag at practice contributes to another's success on the field. No "I" in team.
I'm assuming this is a sarcastic swipe at the wussification of the youth in America today who get 'participation' trophies and play soccer games where score isn't kept.
3 and OUT
PartyBear said:

FormerFlash said:

PartyBear said:

I'm not too sure what you are referring to. When I say tribal design I'm meaning basically a native American styled bear claw. I guess these native american styled animal symbols are more prevalent in the pacific northwest and the mountain west region. Anyway the bear claw would be cool.
He may have done what I did and google "tribal bear claw." A bunch of dumb looking tattoo designs show up. We really just need to "Nike up" a generic claw like this

Or the Teaff-era ones from our jerseys:

Simple, done.
Pro Ecclesia, Pro Texana
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.