Football
Sponsored by

is aggy really this pathetic?

7,550 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BearFan33
Kyle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Redbrickbear said:

Kyle said:

aggy truly is the least self-aware, most delusional fan base on the entire world. Not sure any program has cheated and gotten caught more, but we constantly hear of the so-called "honor code."

For all its talk about secsecsec, aggy still is obsessed with Texas and XII. They literally made a video a couple weeks ago talking smack about XII - A CONFERENCE IT NEVER WON!

All aggy has is secsecsec. They should change the name to "Texas A&M SECSECSECs"
The rest of the SEC has figured them out.

8 years in and LSU, Arky, Ole Miss, Bama....all hate aggy.

The rest of the SEC forgets they are even in the conference.

They are back to where they were in the Big 12....everyone hates them and makes fun of them 24/7...and they only win about 7 games a year.
I get that sense from the few times I peruse secsecsec social media. They never understand "let the game come to you," and their over-the-top "secsecsec" rubs everyone the wrong way. I mean, most still consider pig and dick probationary members. But aggy too focused on reacting to UT and XII.
Aliceinbubbleland
BearFan33 said:

Aggie has gone from a mediocre team in the b12 to a mediocre to below average team in the SEC
That actually doesn't speak well for the Big 12.

SEC Powers Year in Year out
LSU
UGA
Bama
Florida
Auburn

Big12 Powers Currently (Usually UT or OU)
OU
BU
UT
KSU
TCU

And before you say the SEC doesn't play everyone, true that. But LSU played or will play everyone listed.

There is no way to measure one conference against another but to argue that we are on a par with SEC is foolish with regard to National Championships and national powers. It's ok to hate them but until we actually win a National Championship like they have...carry on.

On the other hand I think the Big 12 is the best conference top to bottom, just not as top heavy powerhouse as SEC.
gobears20
Staff
At least they have basketball

[url=https://ibb.co/yWWdSYr][/url]
historian
No offense, but we should not say too much about that: Baylor MBB had some embarrassing losses last year (SFA, Wichita State)
whitetrash
gobears20 said:

At least they have basketball

[url=https://ibb.co/yWWdSYr][/url]
If Fairfield beat them like that, imagine how bad it would get if they played Teague or Mexia.
Oldbear83
Alice: "to argue that we are on a par with SEC is foolish with regard to National Championships and national powers."

The problem I see, is that the bias favoring SEC teams in football is apparent, and has played a major part in deciding who gets to be in national championship games. Simply denying access to Big 12 or other conference champions is an easy way to create a circular logic - more SEC teams win "national championships" because more SEC teams are selected to play in the title game.

And comparing teams is often very subjective. I agree that the Baylor team that struggled against West Virginia would get mauled by the LSU team which beat Alabama, but the Baylor team that thrashed Texas would beat the LSU team which struggled against Texas earlier in the year. The main reason for a genuine playoff (8 teams at least) is to settle the question on the field, not in some committee behind closed doors.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Kyle
Aliceinbubbleland said:

BearFan33 said:

Aggie has gone from a mediocre team in the b12 to a mediocre to below average team in the SEC
That actually doesn't speak well for the Big 12.

SEC Powers Year in Year out
LSU
UGA
Bama
Florida
Auburn

Big12 Powers Currently (Usually UT or OU)
OU
BU
UT
KSU
TCU

And before you say the SEC doesn't play everyone, true that. But LSU played or will play everyone listed.

There is no way to measure one conference against another but to argue that we are on a par with SEC is foolish with regard to National Championships and national powers. It's ok to hate them but until we actually win a National Championship like they have...carry on.

On the other hand I think the Big 12 is the best conference top to bottom, just not as top heavy powerhouse as SEC.
I think this is spot on. Don't think anyone can question the top of the SEC year-in-year-out is the best in college football, i.e. Alabama and whichever other school pops up. But last year, our #2 thumped its #2, and our #5 gave its #1 all it could handle this year. Like aggy, the other 10 teams live off the secsecsec luster.

What's really B.S.is they play by far the weakest non-conference schedules but get a pass because secsecsec. While Baylor has not exactly lit up the non-conference schedule, it's no worse than the average SEC team.
historian
Kyle said:

What's really B.S.is they play by far the weakest non-conference schedules but get a pass because secsecsec. While Baylor has not exactly lit up the non-conference schedule, it's no worse than the average SEC team.
Our schedules for the next several years is harder than the average SEC team, including Bama.
EK bear
historian said:

Kyle said:

Our schedules for the next several years is harder than the average SEC team, including Bama.
I've said this a couple times, but TAMU-CS will have quite the favorable schedule next year. If they don't start 9-1 or 10-0 they should be disappointed.
BearFan33
EK bear said:

historian said:

Kyle said:

I've said this a couple times, but TAMU-CS will have quite the favorable schedule next year. If they don't start 9-1 or 10-0 they should be disappointed.
This is the magic of the SEC scheduling. Everyone gets a turn at the easy schedule eventually, esp those in SEC east. Aggy gets turn its next year, yet will probably still find a way to screw it up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.