Football
Sponsored by

That Lying YANKEE SACK OF %$&@

22,146 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by longtimebear
longtimebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
brazosplaya
lol
No Longer Gold
F the transfers!
EvilTroyAndAbed
He never lied.
Stranger
Some of us had him pegged three years ago.

Carpetbagger
Stranger
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

He never lied.

Only when his lips were moving.
Oldbear83
We're talking about Belichek, right?
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Porteroso
Oldbear do you really want people to start pulling up your posts on the subject? How you believed him so hard and anyone who thought he'd leave was an imbecile?
RegentCoverup
we hired a mercenary, we got what mercenaries do.

Not the end of the world, keep the people worth keeping and scoot him out the door.
Nailer
Amazing, so many *****ing and whining when he was hired, now many of the same crew *****ing and whining that he's leaving.
Bleed Green
I am going to assume you are just upset at the moment and not really this naive to the real world.
Oldbear83
Porteroso said:

Oldbear do you really want people to start pulling up your posts on the subject? How you believed him so hard and anyone who thought he'd leave was an imbecile?
Show me where I called anyone an imbecile.

Maybe you should wait for actual events to play out, instead of jumping to conclusions.

Yeah, maybe he's leaving. Sucks in some ways, but he did a good job in just 3 seasons and there's no call to treat him like he robbed us.

And if it turns out he's not leaving ...
EvilTroyAndAbed
Stranger said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

He never lied.

Show me any time where he said, "I'm not leaving." He never said anything but coach speak.

The problem is every school in the world besides a couple of blue bloods has been a stepping stone, but this has never happened to Baylor. Now everyone here is beside themselves.

Welcome to the rest of the world. Even a national champion LSU got left by Saban for the NFL. It happens. Quit whining like babies.
Redbrickbear
Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Maybe you should wait for actual events to play out, instead of jumping to conclusions.

Yeah, maybe he's leaving. Sucks in some ways, but he did a good job in just 3 seasons and there's no call to treat him like he robbed us.

He did a good job this year...but still choked in a Big 6 bowl game against a uga team that had close to 10 players sitting out and did not really care about being there.

So 1 good season in 3.....I think he could have done more going forward but instead he left.

So he is now history...now we move on to the next coach.
pilgrim
Mercenary is the most accurate term for Rhule. No ill will or denigration intended. Mack Rhodes probably knew this.

I appreciate what he and his staff did in this short time at Baylor. I'm glad he's leaving. He never had a commitment to Baylor. That's important to me.
RegentCoverup
Redbrickbear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

He did a good job this year...but still choked in a Big 6 bowl game against a uga team that had close to 10 players sitting out and did not really care about being there.

So 1 good season in 3.....I think he could have done more going forward but instead he left.

Exactly. Our fanbase acts like this needs to be a love in.

Get the guy out and let's move on.
RegentCoverup
pilgrim said:

Mercenary is the most accurate term for Rhule. No ill will or denigration intended. Mack Rhodes probably knew this.

I appreciate what he and his staff did in this short time at Baylor. I'm glad he's leaving. He never had a commitment to Baylor. That's important to me.
Yep. He is who he is. He's Grobe with a 2 year extension and a new set of coaches.

No organization is ever successful without true believers. He wanted some cash and a mark on his resume. Everyone got what they wanted in the short run, but we need to own this and move on.
jstins
He protected Baylor from his inevitable jump to the NFL. The Carolina Panthers now have to buy out his 10 year contract to the tune of about 38 Million dollars. Thank you Matt Rhule for everything you did for Baylor Football.
Aberzombie1892
Redbrickbear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

in modern history, Baylor hasn't defeated a team out of conference as good as Georgia and Baylor is now 0-3 versus BCS/CFP selection opponents - UCF (as Big 12 champ), Michigan State (as Big 12 co-champ), and Georgia (as Big 12 runner up).

If I was building a team to face a top 25 opponent and someone said you could either use Baylor starters across the board or Georgia's 2nd team across the board, I, like all reasonably minded individuals, would take the latter.
RegentCoverup
Yeah, when they confirm that the buyout was paid, I'll be the first dude buying a Panthers shirt!
pilgrim
I understand that the NFL buyout stipulations are much lower than those to go to another college program. With the way Rhule operates, I would think he finagled that, knowing where he was headed.
Brewer
CaseyBu72
Amazing.........Carpetbagger leaves...!!!!!

but the BOR didn't run off "slide Ruler" ..money did plus he has an empty basket for next year.
the guy could not recruit...as well as put an offense on the field.... so lets go find a Coach who can....
the guy could not tell the truth as well.....We need ole' Thee to find us a coach.....he knows
everything there is about football..... the same as some of the other guys on this board.....nuts,
here we go again....
RegentCoverup
pilgrim said:

I understand that the NFL buyout stipulations are much lower than those to go to another college program. With the way Rhule operates, I would think he finagled that, knowing where he was headed.
I doubt he got around the buyout. I'd bet bucks the Panthers owner just cut that check to beat the Giants and moved on. $15 million is a small fraction of $12 bil

Like I said, Matt's ego started to show itself, I don't think either he or his agent thought through the decisions and impact very well.
BUDC
Cudos to TMYLM post. Give Gundy what he wants. If he approves of Snow double his salary and try and keep him. Love his offense, he's recruited Texas his whole career. I'm sure I'll be corrected but he's been kind to BU with comments. He would be a lifer, hopefully. I'll give him lifetime Sports Clip membership if he'd get a flat top. Lots of emotions with Rhule bolting among all that love BU. With the exception of recruiting he is leaving the program in infinitely better shape. Let's get this done so we can take advantage of the 16th signing period. Of course just my humble opinion. Everyone has one kinda like A-holes. A smidge of class please no mater how much you despise the guy. Our AD is getting the big bucks for times like this.
corncob pipe
Let's get a guy who doesn't need to call a time out to get a play in...
ValhallaBear
corncob pipe said:

Let's get a guy who doesn't need to call a time out to get a play in...
After a TV timeout
Oldbear83
Redbrickbear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Yup, seems like that has been planned for.

I will thank Coach Rhule for doing a good job, even if I think he was a little quick to get out the door, and trust AD Rhoades to bring in a solid successor.
robinsonbear
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I called this and was laughed at for it.

All you with your lips on Rhule's backside then can now eat crow.
longtimebear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

He never lied.
When he said more than once that his work at Baylor wasn't finished....I took that as a truth. He would be a lier in my books.
robinsonbear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Stranger said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

He never lied.

Show me any time where he said, "I'm not leaving." He never said anything but coach speak.

The problem is every school in the world besides a couple of blue bloods has been a stepping stone, but this has never happened to Baylor. Now everyone here is beside themselves.

Welcome to the rest of the world. Even a national champion LSU got left by Saban for the NFL. It happens. Quit whining like babies.
How about when he said just a few weeks ago that he plans on being at Baylor for the 2020 season????

Just a liar he is.

robinsonbear
Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

1-11

Not a good job.

Losing to Liberty....

Not a good job.

Choking to OU.... twice in one season....

Not a good job.

Choking in the bowl game....

Not a good job.

He had one horrible season, one mediocre season, and one good season with 3 incredible choke jobs.
contrario
robinsonbear said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I called this and was laughed at for it.

All you with your lips on Rhule's backside then can now eat crow.
Internet grudges are funny
rileyroo
I never thought he was committed to Baylor. A few of us saw through the BS.

His career at BU:

Year 1: Tanked
Year 2: Average (good bowl game against an average opponent)
Year 3: Lightning in a bottle (lots of close games, but good D and solid play)
- Despite the amazing success, we are last in the Big 12 in recruiting
- Rhule is proclaimed a savior and parlays that into an NFL job

Summary:
Losing Record at BU
Didn't win against ranked opponents
Horrible recruiter
Got us to the Big 12 championship and New Year's game somehow

I think he is an OK guy, but the hype was a little smoke and mirrors.

ValhallaBear
I guess the alternative is he should have spent the bowl game week saying 'Oh yeah I'm definitely looking at other opportunities'

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.