Football
Sponsored by

That Lying YANKEE SACK OF %$&@

22,215 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by longtimebear
JohnProctor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PartyBear said:

Folks dont be so damn gullible with the next guy. He will also be a mercenary and yes he will lie to you. Sometimes Baylor hires people who even play a God card at first as their first card in playing you. I recommend you not be gullible and just expect wins. Especially if the next guy is also among the highest paid HCs in the country.
Agree. He is a liar like most coaches. At least he left little clues in his wording to let you know he was.
Next coach will be the same.
robinsonbear
bear2be2 said:

robinsonbear said:

bear2be2 said:

robinsonbear said:

bear2be2 said:

robinsonbear said:

bear2be2 said:

robinsonbear said:

bear2be2 said:

robinsonbear said:

DST said:

robinsonbear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear do you really want people to start pulling up your posts on the subject? How you believed him so hard and anyone who thought he'd leave was an imbecile?
Show me where I called anyone an imbecile.

Maybe you should wait for actual events to play out, instead of jumping to conclusions.

Yeah, maybe he's leaving. Sucks in some ways, but he did a good job in just 3 seasons and there's no call to treat him like he robbed us.

And if it turns out he's not leaving ...
1-11

Not a good job.

Losing to Liberty....

Not a good job.

Choking to OU.... twice in one season....

Not a good job.

Choking in the bowl game....

Not a good job.

He had one horrible season, one mediocre season, and one good season with 3 incredible choke jobs.
Imagine calling losing to OU on a neutral field in overtime with your 3rd string QB going up against their Heisman finalist a choke job.

Or losing by 12 to the fifth-ranked SEC runner-up in a game you were a 7-point underdog going in and your QB was coming off of a concussion and then got knocked out of the game again.

Baylor fans, folks. The whiniest, *****iest titty babies in all of P5 football.
Imagine.... fans of a coach who have their lips so planted on his backside that they cannot see any wrong he has done even after he leaves less than a week after saying he is coming back, after he spent his only 2 offseasons flirting with the NFL and allowing OU to achieve their largest comeback EVER, only to follow that up a few weeks later with a flat start to the championship game and then losing to Georgia by being dominated (after this coach talked about physical and bringing defense).

Yes that is a choke job.
Who the **** are you and where have you been the past 16 months?

Somebody call an exterminator. The cockroaches are coming out of the woodwork again.
Ah yes. Typical for this site.

Can't argue facts so resort to cussing and name calling.

The facts speak for themselves.
The facts are that Baylor just tied its school record for wins and played in just its third major bowl in three decades ... and did this just four years removed from a massive rape scandal, you dip*****
And rhule lied and leaves with a losing record.

But go ahead and keep cursing and calling names behind your keyboard, internet tough guy
He didn't lie. He made it clear each of the past two offseasons that there would calls and he would listen.

Some of you were just too proud/butthurt to listen to what he was telling you.
He did lie.

He said he wanted to be here for the 2020 season.

I have been saying since his first year when he flirted with NFL teams that he would be gone within 5 years.

I was laughed at for saying that because he "was called by God to Baylor." "loves Baylor" Signed a huge extension that shows he wants to be here, etc.

Now that I point out I was right.... people simply call for a ban because they don't want to eat their crow.
I'm as big a Rhule fan as exists on this board. I've known since that same point he wasn't long for this job.

Those making that a referendum on his character and integrity are butthurt babies who are just sad that Baylor wasn't his dream job.
I have not attacked his character in any way. I have called him a liar and provided evidence that he is.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/baylor-bears/2019/12/31/matt-rhule-on-if-hell-return-to-baylor-yeah-i-plan-on-that/

And now he is gone.... meaning he said something and did not follow through with it. Most would call that lying.

I also have never said this was his dream job.... I knew it wasn't when he interviewed with Indy after 1-11 and have said he would be gone first chance he got.
Matt Rhule was always careful to say that he planned to be here. He never definitively said he would be. Plans can and often do change.

I have little doubt that he meant it when he said that was happy at Baylor and he wouldn't be leaving for another college job. The NFL is a different beast, though, and he has literally always treated it as such. It's been clear from both his words and actions that his future was in the NFL.

Why that makes some here so emotional is beyond me. Rhule came here, did what he set out to do and left for crazy money in one of the top 20 jobs in his field. Accept it and move on.
Sigh.

You just don't seem to understand what I am saying (and have been since the end of his first year here)

I have known since then he was gone as soon as the right NFL job came up. I have accepted that since he talked to Indy after going 1-11.

I have been attacked and laughed at for saying he would be gone within 5 years.

And now that he is and I am saying I knew it fools like you come on here call it a melt down, tell me to accept it, etc.

Again. I have. I am simply pointing out anyone with half a brain, not wearing green/gold colored glasses and that didn't have their lips so firmly on Rhule's backside to be able to accept criticism of him has known he would be gone quickly.
Stranger
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

even the Giants saw through him.
Because there's no middle ground between not wanting to match the Panthers' insane offer and viewing Matt Rhule as a con man? I swear, some of you people are certifiable.
Whoa, who called him a con man?

Chill out.

I think that might have been my ownself.
robinsonbear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

robinsonbear said:

BaylorOkie said:

robinsonbear said:

I have not attacked his character in any way. I have called him a liar
Huh?

This is one of the greatest meltdown threads I have ever seen.
Calling someone who lied a liar is not an attack of their character. It is 100% fact.

IF you call the unibomber a murderer is it an attack of his character or the truth???

It is the truth.
He never lied.
Yes he did.

I plan on being at Baylor for the 2020 season....

Well news flash... the 2020 season hasn't happened yet and Fhule is gone.

That is a lie.
JohnProctor
bear2be2 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

JohnProctor said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Stranger said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

He never lied.

Only when his lips were moving.
Show me any time where he said, "I'm not leaving." He never said anything but coach speak.

The problem is every school in the world besides a couple of blue bloods has been a stepping stone, but this has never happened to Baylor. Now everyone here is beside themselves.

Welcome to the rest of the world. Even a national champion LSU got left by Saban for the NFL. It happens. Quit whining like babies.
True. He never flat out said he was not leaving. It was always well designed sales guy talk to give the Fan Boys the words they wanted to hear to appease them. Some of us knew he was leaving... its what made those smooth answers so sickening to hear.

Quit being a baby. Welcome to big time football. This is what happens. It happened to LSU.

This board is a joke.
Pretty much.

Good coaches get hired away sometimes. Particularly good ones who are young and ambitious.

Matt Rhule did a great job during a pivotal time in Baylor football history and left for crazy money in the NFL. Thank him for what he did and get behind the next guy.
What are you going to do now with your "Matt Rules!" t-shirt collection?
JohnProctor
bear2be2 said:

BearTruth13 said:

bear2be2 said:

robinsonbear said:

bear2be2 said:

robinsonbear said:

DST said:

robinsonbear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear do you really want people to start pulling up your posts on the subject? How you believed him so hard and anyone who thought he'd leave was an imbecile?

Maybe you should wait for actual events to play out, instead of jumping to conclusions.

Yeah, maybe he's leaving. Sucks in some ways, but he did a good job in just 3 seasons and there's no call to treat him like he robbed us.

1-11

Not a good job.

Losing to Liberty....

Not a good job.

Not a good job.

Not a good job.

He had one horrible season, one mediocre season, and one good season with 3 incredible choke jobs.
Imagine calling losing to OU on a neutral field in overtime with your 3rd string QB going up against their Heisman finalist a choke job.

Or losing by 12 to the fifth-ranked SEC runner-up in a game you were a 7-point underdog going in and your QB was coming off of a concussion and then got knocked out of the game again.

Imagine.... fans of a coach who have their lips so planted on his backside that they cannot see any wrong he has done even after he leaves less than a week after saying he is coming back, after he spent his only 2 offseasons flirting with the NFL and allowing OU to achieve their largest comeback EVER, only to follow that up a few weeks later with a flat start to the championship game and then losing to Georgia by being dominated (after this coach talked about physical and bringing defense).

Yes that is a choke job.

Somebody call an exterminator. The cockroaches are coming out of the woodwork again.

The facts are that Baylor just tied its school record for wins and played in just its third major bowl in three decades ... and did this just four years removed from a massive rape scandal, you dip*****
Ah the old "played for". Can't ever get a win in those major bowls. Participation trophies!
I guess you weren't a Briles fan then.
2 Trophies. Look in the North west corner of the end zone.
JohnProctor
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

JohnProctor said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

JohnProctor said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Stranger said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

He never lied.

Only when his lips were moving.
Show me any time where he said, "I'm not leaving." He never said anything but coach speak.

The problem is every school in the world besides a couple of blue bloods has been a stepping stone, but this has never happened to Baylor. Now everyone here is beside themselves.

Welcome to the rest of the world. Even a national champion LSU got left by Saban for the NFL. It happens. Quit whining like babies.
True. He never flat out said he was not leaving. It was always well designed sales guy talk to give the Fan Boys the words they wanted to hear to appease them. Some of us knew he was leaving... its what made those smooth answers so sickening to hear.

Quit being a baby. Welcome to big time football. This is what happens. It happened to LSU.

This board is a joke.
You are right. It was stupid to think he was telling the truth. What was I thinking?
Yes, it was stupid. And he never lied. People whine about loyalty here, but it only goes one way. If he loses but graduates 100 percent of his players and has impeccable character, we'll see how much loyalty you would have shown him. I'll tell you. You would have kicked him out the door. But he has an opportunity to achieve his dream, he is truthful about everything, and you are "sickened?" You need to spend your time watching high school football because college football is merciless.
Well John Lovett and I disagree with you...

"I don't think he's going anywhere," said running back John Lovett. When asked why he believed that, Lovett said, "Just his word. He never told us anything about him leaving or anything like that. And his word is everything."
DMN 12/31/19

BaylorOkie
robinsonbear said:

BaylorOkie said:

robinsonbear said:

Huh?

Calling someone who lied a liar is not an attack of their character. It is 100% fact.

IF you call the unibomber a murderer is it an attack of his character or the truth???

It is the truth.
I think it's both.
Aberzombie1892
robinsonbear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

robinsonbear said:

BaylorOkie said:

robinsonbear said:

Huh?

It is the truth.
He never lied.
Yes he did.

I plan on being at Baylor for the 2020 season....

Well news flash... the 2020 season hasn't happened yet and Fhule is gone.

That is a lie.
"Plan" is the key word here.
fadskier
I no longer believe in the process.
RegentCoverup
Stranger said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

even the Giants saw through him.
Because there's no middle ground between not wanting to match the Panthers' insane offer and viewing Matt Rhule as a con man? I swear, some of you people are certifiable.

You might give some serious thought about jumping off little Matty's bandwagon. He done left you lyin in the weeds. The more you keep trying to defend his lyin ass, the dumber he makes you look. He did Baylor no favors. Wise up.
Everyone talks big when it comes to spending someone else's money.

RegentCoverup
fadskier said:

I no longer believe in the process.
Silly fadskier. The process was purposely vague for a reason, it was designed to get him PAID>
bear2be2
JohnProctor said:

bear2be2 said:

BearTruth13 said:

bear2be2 said:

robinsonbear said:

bear2be2 said:

robinsonbear said:

DST said:

robinsonbear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

1-11

Not a good job.

Losing to Liberty....

Not a good job.

Not a good job.

Not a good job.

Yes that is a choke job.

Ah the old "played for". Can't ever get a win in those major bowls. Participation trophies!
2 Trophies. Look in the North west corner of the end zone.
For now. Those may well be vacated as soon as the NCAA rules on our case.
BearTruth13
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BearTruth13 said:

bear2be2 said:

BearTruth13 said:

bear2be2 said:

BearTruth13 said:

bear2be2 said:

BearTruth13 said:

bear2be2 said:

BearTruth13 said:

bear2be2 said:

BearTruth13 said:

bear2be2 said:

robinsonbear said:

bear2be2 said:

robinsonbear said:

DST said:

robinsonbear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

1-11

Not a good job.

Losing to Liberty....

Not a good job.

Not a good job.

Not a good job.

Yes that is a choke job.

Also wasn't a fan of his inability to win big bowls (Fiesta and Cotton).

I don't go around bragging about our trips to the Fiesta and Cotton bowl. Those games were embarrassing.

I won't go around bragging about the Sugar Bowl either. It too was embarrassing.
If the athletic exploits of 18-22 year old kids that you don't even know embarrass you, you might think about reassessing your priorities.
Why do we even keep score then? Why do we pay coaches millions of dollars?
So fans can watch and enjoy, and those involved can learn the lessons that come from participating in athletics.

Because we have too many in this country who take this nonsense waaaaayyyyy too seriously.

Any more brain busters?
You are posting on a chat board discussing this. You clearly care too much as well.

This is a business. Not a 2nd grade classroom with blue ribbons. Football is a major revenue stream for both Baylor and its mission and Central Texas itself.
I agree with your first point. I'm definitely part of the problem.

But I stopped letting sports impact my mood a long time ago. And the day I get embarrassed by something so trivial as a sporting event is the day I quit sports.

I shrugged off the Sugar Bowl. Didn't affect my mood one bit.

But I'm not walking around the hallways at work going "Hey guys you know that game we lost last week?! The one the was never even close? Well we made it. We made it to the Sugar Bowl."

That was my point. I'm not going to brag about that.
If you don't want to celebrate an 11-win season and New Year's 6 bowl appearance at Baylor, that's your prerogative. But if you don't see those things as accomplishments, you're probably a pretty miserable human being.

I'll be proud of 11 wins. I'm not going to beat my chest about appearances in bowls we lose.
Who beats their chest? Did you seriously beat your chest when we won the conference?
dejal
What did you people that are jumping on him say when he bailed from Temple? If you were saying the same then, good for you, you are consistent. If not, you are hypocrites. My nephew played for him at Temple. They thought is sucked. They also thought if given the move "Up" and it was and the money they would have done the same. "How much? Of course he should take it. That's crazy if he stuck with us".

So, he's a 2 faced lying whatever only when he supposedly does it to you but he's a great guy when "you" the school stuck it to Temple to get him?

If Baylor hires someone that gets bought out from somewhere else it's all good, right?
fadskier
dejal said:

What did you people that are jumping on him say when he bailed from Temple? If you were saying the same then, good for you, you are consistent. If not, you are hypocrites. My nephew played for him at Temple. They thought is sucked. They also thought if given the move "Up" and it was and the money they would have done the same. "How much? Of course he should take it. That's crazy if he stuck with us".

So, he's a 2 faced lying whatever only when he supposedly does it to you but he's a great guy when "you" the school stuck it to Temple to get him?

If Baylor hires someone that gets bought out from somewhere else it's all good, right?
Yes, but you need to understand...after winning with Briles and our BOR ripping out the carpet...amhy of us were left in a stunned state..then Rhule comes along we started to believe...then he says he's here for a long time...we have unfinished business, etc...it's just frustrating. We will all get over it. It is certainly better to lose a coach to the NFL than to our own incompetent BOR.
RegentCoverup
fadskier said:

dejal said:

Yes, but you need to understand...after winning with Briles and our BOR ripping out the carpet...amhy of us were left in a stunned state..then Rhule comes along we started to believe...then he says he's here for a long time...we have unfinished business, etc...it's just frustrating. We will all get over it. It is certainly better to lose a coach to the NFL than to our own incompetent BOR.
Wait, are we sure they didn't piss him off, too?

For the life of me, I can't understand how Briles dealt with all the petty requests.
xiledinok
bear2be2 said:

Reverend said:

Watch your mouth.
No.

You don't want to guess where his mouth is been most of the time when it comes to football coaches
xiledinok
fadskier said:

dejal said:

Wait until Rhule tells the football world not to play for Briles.

Tell me, Briles was the guy who popped these fans' winning cherry. Definitely like hitting a 300 pounder for the 1st time among those who have seen it done with class and at higher levels.
longtimebear
Oldbear83 said:

Look, I understand the emotion.

I also think a lot of it is classless.

Matt Rhule was brought to Baylor to fix a mess. IMIO, that mess was created by a BOR whose primary interest was protecting their bank accounts - doing the right thing was never the focus.

I say that to put Rhule's hiring in context - he arrived in a s h i t storm of controversy, and we all know that, taking on a difficult mission with no guarantee of success.

I see Matt Rhule as a guy who made some mistakes along the way, but on the whole he did everything Baylor asked from him, and as a result the Bears have a respected program which impressed a lot of critics. Yes, the 1-11 season sucked and I still believe there were mistakes made, but the growth since 2017 is undeniable, and all the more impressive since the Bears improved on both sides of the ball. For those who think we somehow did not accomplish as much as we could have this season, go back and look at what ESPN, CBS, Athlon, and all the others said we would do back before the season.

So Rhule is leaving. I wish him well, even if I am disappointed in the way some things were handled. The NFL was always Rhule's dream job, and with so many openings right now it's obvious if he stayed at Baylor now it would be a long time before he'd get another chance at an NFL head position. I wish we could have seen him win a championship at Baylor, which is something he said was an important goal to him more than once, but the die is cast. If Rhule came back to Baylor now, it wouldn't be the same because of how things played out the past two weeks. I wish Matt Rhule the best luck in his future, but it's clearly time to move on.

I hope we fans can separate disappointment with the last few days of news, from respect and gratitude for the great job Coach Rhule did at Baylor. And I hope we will greet the new head coach with a mix of hope and reasonable expectations.
Old Bear, I know this is the reasonable way to feel and grudgingly I have to agree with your comments. But CRAP, CRAP, CRAP!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.