Football
Sponsored by

That Lying YANKEE SACK OF %$&@

22,296 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by longtimebear
JohnProctor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Stranger said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

He never lied.

Only when his lips were moving.
Show me any time where he said, "I'm not leaving." He never said anything but coach speak.

The problem is every school in the world besides a couple of blue bloods has been a stepping stone, but this has never happened to Baylor. Now everyone here is beside themselves.

Welcome to the rest of the world. Even a national champion LSU got left by Saban for the NFL. It happens. Quit whining like babies.
True. He never flat out said he was not leaving. It was always well designed sales guy talk to give the Fan Boys the words they wanted to hear to appease them. Some of us knew he was leaving... its what made those smooth answers so sickening to hear.

xiledinok
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

we hired a mercenary, we got what mercenaries do.

Not the end of the world, keep the people worth keeping and scoot him out the door.
When your only winning options in town were Tusa football at Waco High and Junior Samples Briles, you tend to get some real losing comments
Rhule's wife couldn't stand cotton gin and chicken farm mentality. Treat the next guy better in town. He needed to get the f out because his wife hated it. P is undefeated, which cannot be said for declared loser Briles and Tusa football.
BaylorRocks
Rhule/Rhoades are geniuses and always had Baylor's best interest in mind.

We all should appreciate them for working out and executing the recent extension/contract....planning together on this inevitable event. Both knowing it would happen, they set it up so that the NFL buyout now reimburses Baylor for most (if not all) of the 3 years of Rhule's comp while at Baylor.

Brilliant, and THANK YOU Coach Matt Rhule!

JohnProctor
rileyroo said:

I never thought he was committed to Baylor. A few of us saw through the BS.

His career at BU:

Year 1: Tanked
Year 2: Average (good bowl game against an average opponent)
Year 3: Lightning in a bottle (lots of close games, but good D and solid play)
- Despite the amazing success, we are last in the Big 12 in recruiting
- Rhule is proclaimed a savior and parlays that into an NFL job

Summary:
Losing Record at BU
Didn't win against ranked opponents
Horrible recruiter
Got us to the Big 12 championship and New Year's game somehow

I think he is an OK guy, but the hype was a little smoke and mirrors.

I always thought he was possibly losing in year 1 on purpose to work the turn around story in his favor. How else could you lose with so much better talent than Liberty and UTSA? I would stop myself from saying it as it sounded too outlandish but now it doesn't so much.

xiledinok
JohnProctor said:

rileyroo said:

His career at BU:

Summary:
Losing Record at BU
Horrible recruiter

I always thought he was possibly losing in year 1 on purpose to work the turn around story in his favor. How else could you lose with so much better talent than Liberty and UTSA? I would stop myself from saying it as it sounded too outlandish but now it doesn't so much.

You could lose with those players and transitioning to a real system. He had no linemen.
JohnProctor
zunooreo said:

We all should appreciate them for working out and executing the recent extension/contract....planning together on this inevitable event. Both knowing it would happen, they set it up so that the NFL buyout now reimburses Baylor for most (if not all) of the 3 years of Rhule's comp while at Baylor.

This is sarcasm - right?
Bexar Pitts
Any chance this could be "Rudy Feldman" for Carolina? Anything official from either side yet?
BaylorLit 01
God called him to take the money and fame apparently.
PaulW74
When he was first hired and several NFL teams were courting him and he wasn't shutting them down, my gut feeling was that he does not give me any reason to trust his commitment to Baylor. My hope was that as he gained success he would feel at home and know that he had the job of a lifetime. Instead he chose to leave for an NFL job where he will probably be fired within five years or so. I need to trust my gut instincts more because I was right the first time.
CorsicanaBear
BaylorLit 01 said:

God called him to take the money and fame apparently.
God is on the side of the bigger paychecks.
Joel Osteen
Illigitimus non carborundum
nafprat
nm
EvilTroyAndAbed
JohnProctor said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Stranger said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

He never lied.

Only when his lips were moving.
Show me any time where he said, "I'm not leaving." He never said anything but coach speak.

The problem is every school in the world besides a couple of blue bloods has been a stepping stone, but this has never happened to Baylor. Now everyone here is beside themselves.

Welcome to the rest of the world. Even a national champion LSU got left by Saban for the NFL. It happens. Quit whining like babies.
True. He never flat out said he was not leaving. It was always well designed sales guy talk to give the Fan Boys the words they wanted to hear to appease them. Some of us knew he was leaving... its what made those smooth answers so sickening to hear.

Quit being a baby. Welcome to big time football. This is what happens. It happened to LSU.

This board is a joke.
Oldbear83
Look, I understand the emotion.

I also think a lot of it is classless.

Matt Rhule was brought to Baylor to fix a mess. IMIO, that mess was created by a BOR whose primary interest was protecting their bank accounts - doing the right thing was never the focus.

I say that to put Rhule's hiring in context - he arrived in a s h i t storm of controversy, and we all know that, taking on a difficult mission with no guarantee of success.

I see Matt Rhule as a guy who made some mistakes along the way, but on the whole he did everything Baylor asked from him, and as a result the Bears have a respected program which impressed a lot of critics. Yes, the 1-11 season sucked and I still believe there were mistakes made, but the growth since 2017 is undeniable, and all the more impressive since the Bears improved on both sides of the ball. For those who think we somehow did not accomplish as much as we could have this season, go back and look at what ESPN, CBS, Athlon, and all the others said we would do back before the season.

So Rhule is leaving. I wish him well, even if I am disappointed in the way some things were handled. The NFL was always Rhule's dream job, and with so many openings right now it's obvious if he stayed at Baylor now it would be a long time before he'd get another chance at an NFL head position. I wish we could have seen him win a championship at Baylor, which is something he said was an important goal to him more than once, but the die is cast. If Rhule came back to Baylor now, it wouldn't be the same because of how things played out the past two weeks. I wish Matt Rhule the best luck in his future, but it's clearly time to move on.

I hope we fans can separate disappointment with the last few days of news, from respect and gratitude for the great job Coach Rhule did at Baylor. And I hope we will greet the new head coach with a mix of hope and reasonable expectations.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
nafprat
CaseyBu72 said:

the "slide ruler" has done this to two programs now....he has climbed the
ladder to where he wants to be.....so screw him...!!!!!
Briles doesn't look so bad now after raping those 50 sweet baylor girls......
oh that wasn't him....I forgot.
Those nasty Baylor FB players jumped out of those bushes on 5th street to attack
those sweeties.....my mistake.

You seem stable.
DST
robinsonbear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear do you really want people to start pulling up your posts on the subject? How you believed him so hard and anyone who thought he'd leave was an imbecile?
Show me where I called anyone an imbecile.

Maybe you should wait for actual events to play out, instead of jumping to conclusions.

Yeah, maybe he's leaving. Sucks in some ways, but he did a good job in just 3 seasons and there's no call to treat him like he robbed us.

And if it turns out he's not leaving ...
1-11

Not a good job.

Losing to Liberty....

Not a good job.

Choking to OU.... twice in one season....

Not a good job.

Choking in the bowl game....

Not a good job.

He had one horrible season, one mediocre season, and one good season with 3 incredible choke jobs.
Imagine calling losing to OU on a neutral field in overtime with your 3rd string QB going up against their Heisman finalist a choke job.

Or losing by 12 to the fifth-ranked SEC runner-up in a game you were a 7-point underdog going in and your QB was coming off of a concussion and then got knocked out of the game again.

Baylor fans, folks. The whiniest, *****iest titty babies in all of P5 football.
LTbear
longtimebear said:

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy hell. Sincerely, **** you.

*In case it's not clear, **** this OP, not Rhule
Reverend
This is a great day for Baylor. The cancer eating us is gone. Finally.
BaylorOkie
This thread delivers.
BaylorOkie
Well said, sir.
Bear8084
Embarrassing OP and some of the replies on here are just as embarrassing.
contrario
DST said:

robinsonbear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear do you really want people to start pulling up your posts on the subject? How you believed him so hard and anyone who thought he'd leave was an imbecile?
Show me where I called anyone an imbecile.

Maybe you should wait for actual events to play out, instead of jumping to conclusions.

Yeah, maybe he's leaving. Sucks in some ways, but he did a good job in just 3 seasons and there's no call to treat him like he robbed us.

And if it turns out he's not leaving ...
1-11

Not a good job.

Losing to Liberty....

Not a good job.

Choking to OU.... twice in one season....

Not a good job.

Choking in the bowl game....

Not a good job.

He had one horrible season, one mediocre season, and one good season with 3 incredible choke jobs.
Imagine calling losing to OU on a neutral field in overtime with your 3rd string QB going up against their Heisman finalist a choke job.

Or losing by 12 to the fifth-ranked SEC runner-up in a game you were a 7-point underdog going in and your QB was coming off of a concussion and then got knocked out of the game again.

Baylor fans, folks. The whiniest, *****iest titty babies in all of P5 football.
This. I think some people have lost all perspective. It's ok to be disappointed and even angry, but don't start acting like a bunch of aggys...
Rick85
rileyroo said:

His career at BU:

Summary:
Losing Record at BU
Horrible recruiter

this
RegentCoverup
FTR, I'm not angry at Rhule one bit. But I'm not buying the line anymore either.
That being said, he should have come out and said, "I"m a three year coach."
If we're all just playing liar's poker, Rhule gets to own the commitment he asked of everyone else.
The true sign of a great leader is what happens when they leave.

We now have an entire offensive staff that I don't see staying. They're all Rhule guys.
Recruiting doesn't look illustrious and the timing couldn't be worse.
He did leave us with an excellent defensive coordinator. Snow is a killer.

But he's now punted all of the problem back to Rhoades.

No one should be ashamed of stepping up and saying they are true believers in Baylor. Matt needs to clean his office and hit the road, the sooner the better.
NeuroticBear
nafprat said:

CaseyBu72 said:

the "slide ruler" has done this to two programs now....he has climbed the
ladder to where he wants to be.....so screw him...!!!!!
Briles doesn't look so bad now after raping those 50 sweet baylor girls......
oh that wasn't him....I forgot.
Those nasty Baylor FB players jumped out of those bushes on 5th street to attack
those sweeties.....my mistake.

You seem stable.
He'll fit in well with a certain segment of posters.
BaylorRocks
JohnProctor said:

zunooreo said:

This is sarcasm - right?

Nope

Sic'em
gone to Tickfaw
i thought a recruit signed because he promised he wasn't leaving.

perhaps the recruit should get out of the agreement
Bears2Cane
JohnProctor said:

rileyroo said:

His career at BU:

Summary:
Losing Record at BU
Horrible recruiter

I knew today would bring the worst out in some posters, but this... I didn't expect this post or this entire thread, even.
xiledinok
Reverend said:

This is a great day for Baylor. The cancer eating us is gone. Finally.

Scott and White sterilize the Briles klan and company?
xiledinok
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

FTR, I'm not angry at Rhule one bit. But I'm not buying the line anymore either.
If we're all just playing liar's poker, Rhule gets to own the commitment he asked of everyone else.

We now have an entire offensive staff that I don't see staying. They're all Rhule guys.

No one should be ashamed of stepping up and saying they are true believers in Baylor. Matt needs to clean his office and hit the road, the sooner the better.

I bet the wife is excited to be shopping somewhere rustic is not the bomb. She can probably now find a decent nail salon.
Osodecentx
jstins said:

He protected Baylor from his inevitable jump to the NFL. The Carolina Panthers now have to buy out his 10 year contract to the tune of about 38 Million dollars.
Do you have a link?
RegentCoverup
xiledinok said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I bet the wife is excited to be shopping somewhere rustic is not the bomb. She can probably now find a decent nail salon.
Real Housewives of New Jersey just gained a new contestant.
xiledinok
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

xiledinok said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Real Housewives of New Jersey just gained a new contestant.

I bet the Briles loving rednecks "ah dang it" crowd wore an East Coast woman down. Similar to Texas Tech and Tubberville's wife.
PartyBear
Folks dont be so damn gullible with the next guy. He will also be a mercenary and yes he will lie to you. Sometimes Baylor hires people who even play a God card at first as their first card in playing you. I recommend you not be gullible and just expect wins. Especially if the next guy is also among the highest paid HCs in the country.
RegentCoverup
PartyBear said:

Folks dont be so damn gullible with the next guy. He will also be a mercenary and yes he will lie to you. Sometimes Baylor hires people who even play a God card at first as their first card in playing you. I recommend you not be gullible and just expect wins. Especially if the next guy is also among the highest paid HCs in the country.
Marco, that's a lesson for your crowd, not ours.
xiledinok
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

PartyBear said:

Marco, that's a lesson for your crowd, not ours.

Gullible would have you believing Waco is a big destination town for coaches. The coaching wifey types cannot shop at Chanel and I doubt the social scene blows away a girl from around the way. It worked well with the hillbillies. Tougher with well travel coaches wife.
Chanel > Bobby Sue's

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.