Football
Sponsored by

Oregon State player personnel director Vincent Guinta heads to Baylor

2,468 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BearFan33
Futbol Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

https://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/2020/01/oregon-state-football-loses-a-key-staffer-as-player-personnel-director-vincent-guinta-resigns-heads-to-baylor.html
PartyBear
What exactly does a player personnel director do?
Futbol Bear

PartyBear said:

According to the article, Guinta's key role was overseeing the football recruiting process at Oregon State.
ABC BEAR
Futbol Bear said:

PartyBear said:

According to the article, Guinta's key role was overseeing the football recruiting process at Oregon State.

It's our job to trust that process.
stillwaiting

I believe its the role that Evan Cooper had before he became an on-field coach.
DanaDane
Allow me to translate the name of the job as it's better known to many SEC schools, Ohio St., Clemson, Florida St, Oregon, USC and a lot of 5 star recruits: the "bagman."
DaRealBears
Interesting.. what's his connection to Aranda, if any? Oregon State for your main recruiter seems pretty random to me. Did he do well pulling in recruits?
Timbear
The article said Aranda worked with him at Wisconsin. Let's face it, Rhoades , directly and indirectly, has taken Baylor nationwide. Players can now come from all over. The new OL commit is from Baltimore.
PartyBear
Unfortunately Oregon St has only won 14 games over the past 5 seasons, so it doesn't appear a lot of good recruiting was going on there. But I'm totally in on Aranda. I feel real good about him and trust him.
Aliceinbubbleland
DanaDane said:

Allow me to translate the name of the job as it's better known to many SEC schools, Ohio St., Clemson, Florida St, Oregon, USC and a lot of 5 star recruits: the "bagman."
LOL. It's not to read Bible verses to the team. Someone whisper to Dave that the "Eyes of Texas" are upon you and I don't mean the song...
OregonBear
It is really tough for Oregon State to recruit when they are going up against Oregon and Phil Knight's money.
BearFan33
OregonBear said:

It is really tough for Oregon State to recruit when they are going up against Oregon and Phil Knight's money.
Are you saying Nike has a bigger bag?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.