Football
Sponsored by

Hearing from a fairly reliable source that Tuesday is Herman's termination date

12,091 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Stefano DiMera
Singletary63
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Told that the Houston alums have already committed $10mm per year to hire Urban.
Said that the A.D. and alums were done with Herman after the Eyes of Texas debacle.
We should find out real soon how this plays out but whether it is Tuesday or some other date Herman is gone!
That I can almost take to the bank.
Singletary63
REvansBU71
"Tom, I don't know what we're going to do without you around here, but come tomorrow, we're giving it a shot."
Any Trump

“And if you do-oo.....” - Lt. Hauk
CHP Bear
Singletary63 said:

Told that the Houston alums have already committed $10mm per year to hire Urban.
Said that the A.D. and alums were done with Herman after the Eyes of Texas debacle.
We should find out real soon how this plays out but whether it is Tuesday or some other date Herman is gone!
Would surprise me if Texas wasn't negotiating with Urban as we post. Recruits will be lined up at his door on day of announcement. Urban will derail Jimbo and SEC recruiting.
9b1deb4d-3b7d-4bad-9bdd-2
Only positive of them hiring Urban is he doesn't stay anywhere for very long.
RR/BV
So texas will pay 20 million Herman and assistants and hire a cat that has players in jail 24/7. They want to win something fierce.
Singletary63 said:

How can you "almost" take something to the bank? They'd have to make a mid-season coaching hire to keep recruits from bailing. How often has that happened?

Urban has his own issues far worse than the Eyes of Texas. Herman is probably gone, but it'll be end of season if it happens IMO.
CHP Bear
RR/BV said:

So texas will pay 20 million Herman and assistants and hire a cat that has players in jail 24/7. They want to win something fierce.
That's what institutions of football do.
ImABearToo
And Urban will be just another ut head coach that does less with more. It's how that worthless school rolls.
BUGWBBear
REvansBU71 said:

"Tom, I don't know what we're going to do without you around here, but come tomorrow, we're giving it a shot."

Be happy to offer them up Larry Fedora...LOL
gobears20
Staff
Urban wouldn't stay very long at all.
Michibear
gobears20 said:

Urban wouldn't stay very long at all.
UT . . . Just a stepping stone to UNC.
BUGWBBear
Singletary63 said:

UH coming up with that kind of money? Business on Telephone Rd must be booming.
PartyBear
ImABearToo said:

And Urban will be just another ut head coach that does less with more. It's how that worthless school rolls.

I'm pretty sure the rest of us we'll regret them hiring Meyer. He would likely have that program looking on the field like the richest program in the country.
IowaBear
PartyBear said:

ImABearToo said:

I'm pretty sure the rest of us we'll regret them hiring Meyer. He would likely have that program looking on the field like the richest program in the country.

Yeah anyone thinking Meyer would struggle at UT is not knowledgeable. The last thing BU needs is Meyer headed to UT. He's a scum bag and complete asshat of a human. But he can coach with the best of them
BUletters
Not going to happen Tuesday and not this year unless they lose another Big 12 game.
historian
RR/BV said:

So Texas will pay 20 million Herman and assistants and hire a cat that has players in jail 24/7. They want to win something fierce.
That's the only thing a lot of people care about including, unfortunately, some Baylor fans. Or so it seems.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
ImABearToo said:

There problems are the institutional culture. Fran Fransculla said it during a MBB game (January--rewatched just yesterday): they have an entitlement culture in which they think winning will be automatic because they deserve it resulting in players (& coaches) not making a full effort and losing. It sounds crazy given the results, but see it all the time. That's why Texas lost to Kansas a few years ago. That's why their biggest win of the decade was arguably the Sugar Bowl win over Georgia. That's why they have not been Big 12 champs in a long time and never been to the playoffs.

Mayer might get them to the playoffs in a few years (I hope not) but they will probably choke worse than OU does each time.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
McCavebear
BUletters said:

Not going to happen Tuesday and not this year unless they lose another Big 12 game.
Which is entirely possible.
McCavebear Lives!
PartyBear
I believe all they have to do is beat the Kansas schools to get to the championship game. That shouldn't be too hard for them. I don't see how they justify a change if they go there.
Jorkel
PartyBear said:

I believe all they have to do is beat the Kansas schools to get to the championship game. That shouldn't be too hard for them. I don't see how they justify a change if they go there.

I think the Oklahoma schools are ahead of them and Iowa state
whitetrash
PartyBear said:

OU holds the tiebreaker over UT if they both win out.
Robert Wilson
PartyBear said:

They fired Mack after he played against us in a de facto championship game in the last game of the season on a frozen day in Waco. He lost to a very good Briles-led team to finish 7-2 in the Big 12.

I bet some folks have regretted that firing in the days since.
toughbear
Does not matter who they hire, he will not be a winner- way too many good teams that will whip their butt.
gobears20
Staff
Urban won't like the LHN up in his grill 24/7 either
PartyBear
toughbear said:

Does not matter who they hire, he will not be a winner- way too many good teams that will whip their butt.

Do y'all really think Texas is a hard place to win?? It looks like alt reality has creeped from R&P to here.

I think it is actually a hard place to lose. That is why whomever the coach is, a 5 win season seems to be the worst that can be accomplished there and that is extremely rare. Like to the tune of maybe twice during every 30 year time span. If they commit full scale to winning big it is about guaranteed they will. They are one of only a handful of programs you can say that about.
Stefano DiMera
Not UH alums .UT alums living in Houston...Urban Meyer isnt going to Houston..
historian
Texas certainly is a tough place to win for Baylor: IIRC, 2010 & 2014 are the only times we've won there this century. One was RGIII the other was Bryce Petty.

At least WBB wins there consistently & MBB too, in recent years.
EvilTroyAndAbed
ImABearToo said:

Urban has dominated wherever he's gone. If anyone can do more with more, it's Urban.

But yes, he would probably only be head coach for 5-6 seasons at most.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Jorkel said:

PartyBear said:

Nobody is ahead of Iowa State.
EvilTroyAndAbed
toughbear said:

If they hire Urban, they will win at least a conference championship. They'll also have a number of players in jail.
Stranger
A tea-sip insider friend of mine says the OP is pretty spot-on.

Pope Urban is awaiting the white smoke at most anytime now.
I'm a Bearbacker
Jorkel
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Jorkel said:

PartyBear said:

Nobody is ahead of Iowa State.

Yeah I was just saying there was 3 teams ahead of Texas
historian
https://big12sports.com/standings.aspx?standings=159

Iowa State is on top
the 2 Oklahoma teams are tied for 2nd
Texas & W Virginia are tied for 3rd
USNA82
PartyBear said:

I'm sorry, that comment is out to lunch. I cannot reach the championship game and leap over Iowa State, Oklahoma and Oklahoma light. They are done!
jumpinjoe
PartyBear said:

ImABearToo said:

It would be an awful look to see UT in highlighter burnt orange against Baylor in their banana yellow. Yuk !!!
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.