Mexia

1,677 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ABC BEAR
El Oso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bringing my nine year old camping at Ft Parker this weekend. Anything worth straying from the state park to see/do?
CTbruin
Not in Mexia
SteamedHams
I've been to Fort Parker SP a few times, its quite lovely. My kids enjoyed exploring the Springfield Trail and Bur Oak Trail, couple neat lakes along the hike (assuming they have water...).

The Old Fort Parker Historic Site is also pretty sweet, about 5-10 minutes down the road. Worth seeing and going through the whole Quanah Parker story w/ your kid, that's obviously a great Texas tale every youngster should know.

The Confederate Reunion Grounds just north of the State Park is lovely to walk around, lots of cannons and monuments and historic structures about. I kayak all the time from there down to the lake at the Fort Parker on the Navasota and its really beautiful.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
The Joseph Johnson Confederate Reunion is certainly worth visiting. Lots of history.

I used to go out with some friends to the Cowboy Club. in Mexia. Good times but not appropriate for kids.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
T-REX
El Oso said:

Bringing my nine year old camping at Ft Parker this weekend. Anything worth straying from the state park to see/do?
I hear mclane stadium is a great place to camp out this weekend
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
BellCountyBear
The Taco Bell in Mexia is pretty average.
SteamedHams
BellCountyBear said:

The Taco Bell in Mexia is pretty average.
FIFY
Moondoggie
Ever since Anna Nicole stopped working at Jim'sKrispy Chicken, there hasn't been much to see there.
ABC BEAR
Moondoggie said:

Ever since Anna Nicole stopped working at Jim'sKrispy Chicken, there hasn't been much to see there.
I'll have the 3-piece chicken dinner, a vanilla shake and two tickets to Pittsburgh.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.