Woodway steak place

2,589 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Yogi
1outawayBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Being built at outlook.

Builder said it was a high end steak place. Asked the land lord who and they haven't responded yet

Anyone know who is building here?
1outawayBear

whitetrash
If it doesn't make it, within 60 days it will become a taqueria #13 or a chinese trough buffet.
1outawayBear
whitetrash said:

If it doesn't make it, within 60 days it will become a taqueria #13 or a chinese trough buffet.

Ugh would not fit in at all with demographics of patrons to businesses here/folks in direct surrounding area..

It's same price point as oak and Ivy which is doing great on this complex.
CorsicanaBear

Quote:

oak and Ivy which is doing great on this complex.
Yes, and I'm not sure how. Maybe it's just not for me (I've been 3 times). Thai Cauliflower and Blistered Shi****o Peppers appear on the appetizer menu. They are not appetizing. Cornbread is also not an appetizer (same thing to Milo All Day). The Tuna was good as was the cheese board, but the Charcuterie and Cheese Boards are too big for an appetizer for two, best if you just want that and some wine. Smoked yogurt is never something that anyone should consider eating (again you too Milo). The steaks are too thin to be cooked to a proper temp, the alleged Duroc Pork Chop is no better than the thin pork chops in plastic wrap at HEB. The duck breast was good but the side was decidedly odd and odd tasting. Spouse had the fish and she was unimpressed.

Service was indifferent. On the occasion of the alleged Duroc pork chop (which was very thin (gristly as well), I expected a real chop at the price point), was cooked like shoe leather when first brought out. I had them replace it and did not receive the replacement unit after spouse was completely done. Not so much as so sorry.

Not my cup of tea. When you spend $250 + for dinner for 2 it needs to be great.

Edit: Look what the board software starred out, which is fine, because that's what they taste like.
Eleven-League Grant
whitetrash said:

I've been laughing all afternoon over that phrase. I can't say I've ever heard a more apt description, either.

Well done, sir.
1outawayBear
Yea I'd say it's not for you because any hours they are open I have a hard time finding a parking spot in my business' parking lot. Must be used to that Corsicana food
CorsicanaBear
Don't live in Corsicana (where the food sucks even beyond just about anything in Waco). I get that they are popular, and I had high hopes for them, but the service and food were sub par the three times I went. Only successful in Waco where we are starved for anything that is not a bad Mexican place or fast casual chicken/burger. The place would die or evolve in Dallas/Austin/Houston. At the price point they need to perform like a big city restaurant.

DiCampli's and Moroso's are counter examples. They would do well anywhere.
1outawayBear
CorsicanaBear said:

Don't live in Corsicana (where the food sucks even beyond just about anything in Waco). I get that they are popular, and I had high hopes for them, but the service and food were sub par the three times I went. Only successful in Waco where we are starved for anything that is not a bad Mexican place or fast casual chicken/burger. The place would die or evolve in Dallas/Austin/Houston. At the price point they need to perform like a big city restaurant.

DiCampli's and Moroso's are counter examples. They would do well anywhere.

I agree on their service lacking. It's usually one waiter during the day and two at night which is not nearly enough. Both of them are really nice and good waiters, but they are understaffed
baylrballa
oak and ivy food has been pretty good for us, comparable to similar places in dallas/austin
service has the same issues as most places in waco, but tolerable.

it's a good place for a small bite and drinks.
A steakhouse would be a nice counter right there, but would have some work to do to draw me away from 135.

would love for a decent sushi place to open up in there as well.
whitetrash
baylrballa said:

oak and ivy food has been pretty good for us, comparable to similar places in dallas/austin

A steakhouse would be a nice counter right there, but would have some work to do to draw me away from 135.

Hasn't been a decent sushi place in Woodway since Joe Bozarth's Bait Shop at the base of the Twin Bridges shut down.
Robert Wilson
whitetrash said:

baylrballa said:

Hasn't been a decent sushi place in Woodway since Joe Bozarth's Bait Shop at the base of the Twin Bridges shut down.
well played, sir
Yogi
whitetrash said:

Just #13?
SteamedHams
whitetrash said:

baylrballa said:

Best sushi place in Waco....HEB.

I am 76% man, 24% San Antonio roll.
4th and Inches
SteamedHams said:

whitetrash said:

baylrballa said:

the new ramen shop in the old Pei wei building has good sushi.. better than HEB. HEB still my go to for ease of access for a quick lunch.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
william
might be another arby's.

the demand is strong, my friends.

- kkm

>>Carve away the stone (Sisyhpus)
Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
With some features of your own<<
Edmond Bear
4th and Inches said:

SteamedHams said:

whitetrash said:

baylrballa said:

the new ramen shop in the old Pei wei building has good sushi.. better than HEB. HEB still my go to for ease of access for a quick lunch.

Haven't had the sushi at Hokkaido but their ramen is really good.
Yogi
Ichiban is the best sushi in Waco.

Hokkaido has a nice presentation, but I've had better experience with Ichiban.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.