Mezcal Restaurant and Bar open in The Hippodrome space

2,658 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by southtexasbear
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maria Mezcaleria opened a week ago. Serves food and drinks with a mezcal flavor. Looks like it is in the old The Raleigh space.

Been to a mezcal bar but didn't know there were mezcal flavored foods.

https://wacotrib.com/business/local/restaurant-with-focus-on-mezcal-open-in-waco-hippodrome/article_1370ea96-ba24-11ed-82a5-c3bf9dec8594.html?utm_source=wacotrib.com&utm_campaign=%2Fnewsletter-templates%2Feedition&utm_medium=PostUp&lctg=5071658&tn_email_eh1=b3f1da369a45cdc5f61a7eda01fd49ad76001a76

Griz
Will try this soon. I heard they have the best chips and salsa in Waco.
BaylorHistory
The food pics look really good. I want to give it a shot soon.
Griz
Ate dinner there this evening. I liked the food and the atmosphere. Will go back.
PartyBear
I'm there now. Great place
RightRevBear
My wife ate there with several of her colleagues, and she liked it. I am going to try to eat there soon.
BaylorHistory
What are we looking at here? reservations? walk-in with a wait? walk-in with no wait?
PartyBear
Walk in with probably a wait. We had a wait but it wasn't too long.
CorsicanaBear
Same family that owns Hecho En Waco.
SteamedHams
Mezcal is one of those drinks for me where I start and think, "man, I've forgotten how much I like this!", and then the next time I look at the bottle and think, "Hey where did it all g...oh no what have I done"
trey3216
SteamedHams said:

Mezcal is one of those drinks for me where I start and think, "man, I've forgotten how much I like this!", and then the next time I look at the bottle and think, "Hey where did it all g...oh no what have I done"
I love a good Mezcal...It leaves a weird buzz for me, but it doesn't feel near as bad the next day as tequila or whiskey do.
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Yogi
The important question is, "Did they reopen the rooftop bar?".

Because nothing goes together like heights and booze.

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
southtexasbear
Tried to go last night. It was a Friday night and the kitchen was already closed at 9pm. Was disappointed for a Friday night downtown. Just wanted the appetizers to share w/friends…nothing big so figured this would be a good place since they advertise tapas for sharing.
Boernebear
This is a block from my place downtown…would definitely like to see them serving food until at least 11pm on the weekends!
Twitter: @BoerneBear | #SicEm
Coyote Bear
I went. Wasn't real impressed at all with food or service. The finish out looks great though.

Also went to the new Huaco Lounge (old Honky Tonk space) and it was great. Definitely check that place out. Not a ton of seating but drinks and food were very good and owner/operator was very much involved.
southtexasbear
Coyote Bear said:

I went. Wasn't real impressed at all with food or service. The finish out looks great though.

Also went to the new Huaco Lounge (old Honky Tonk space) and it was great. Definitely check that place out. Not a ton of seating but drinks and food were very good and owner/operator was very much involved.
hadn't heard of it. Just looked it up. Totally would have gone there! Looks great! Will definitely try. Thanks for sharing
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.