Segovia Wine Bar-opening soon!

5,676 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Funky Town Bear
BUAlum97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Follow on Instagram for information regarding opening
@segoviawinebar

300 S 6th Street, in the same building as Hecho en Waco.

https://www.segoviawinebar.com/

Baylor alum owner and my cousin. I was there over the weekend and it is going to be amazing!

It is an homage to our family name Segovia. Our grandparents are no longer living, but they would be so proud.
CorsicanaBear
Looking forward to it.
Edmond Bear

Thanks for the heads up. Great location. Looking forward to it!
OsoCoreyell
I don't associate Seagoville with wine.
whitetrash
OsoCoreyell said:

I don't associate Seagoville with wine.
MD 20/20, Ripple, Thunderbird....
Lund Vernquist
The white collar residents who live behind the fence reportedly produce an excellent Pruno.
BUAlum97
Opening tomorrow!
BUAlum97
I went last night and had the most amazing food! Prices are good and atmosphere is great. They have local beers on the menu as well as a large variety of wines.

southtexasbear
Here tonight. Owners are amazing. Wine and food are on point. Music tonight is great
GoBearsGo
Went this eve for a glass of wine after orientation. It was easily 85 degrees in there. Would have stayed for food but had to leave it was so hot. Not sure if this is normal.
BUAlum97
GoBearsGo said:

Went this eve for a glass of wine after orientation. It was easily 85 degrees in there. Would have stayed for food but had to leave it was so hot. Not sure if this is normal.
Not normal, was there Saturday night and it was fine.
Coribear96
Was there tonight, easily 85-88 degrees. Owner stated just small air ducts. If that's the case, they have major work to do with the AC in order to stay in business.
SteamedHams
southtexasbear said:

Here tonight. Owners are amazing. Wine and food are on point. Music tonight is great

Is that Duke Silver?
CorsicanaBear
Was at Alpha-Omega the other evening for gyros. It was hotter than heck in there. Asked the staff if they could turn down the AC they said the owner sits at home and turns the AC up on his phone if he thinks it too low. Likely answer to restaurants too hot is cheap ass owners trying to save a buck. Won't be back to AO until the fall (such as it is in Waco). If you can't or won't afford to run the AC Waco do us a favor and shut down for the summer.
T-REX
CorsicanaBear said:

Was at Alpha-Omega the other evening for gyros. It was hotter than heck in there. Asked the staff if they could turn down the AC they said the owner sits at home and turns the AC up on his phone if he thinks it too low. Likely answer to restaurants too hot is cheap ass owners trying to save a buck. Won't be back to AO until the fall (such as it is in Waco). If you can't or won't afford to run the AC Waco do us a favor and shut down for the summer.
I'd just never return. If they are willing to skimp on something that makes going miserable for customers and staff, they likely are skimping in other areas. That kind of person doesn't deserve my business
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
GoBearsGo
Coribear96 said:

Was there tonight, easily 85-88 degrees. Owner stated just small air ducts. If that's the case, they have major work to do with the AC in order to stay in business.
They need to figure that out. Cool concept but wont last through the summer in there.
southtexasbear
Spoke w owner last night and new larger AC unit ordered now awaiting permits and such. Hope they get it fixed soon. Can't be good for business.
BaylorHistory
CorsicanaBear said:

Weird, we're almost always freezing in AO and go probably twice a month.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
SteamedHams
We went to Segovia last week, and we really liked it! Met Courtney, the owner, or at least co-owner and she could not have been sweeter. Great wines, food was quite tasty. I'm a die hard goat cheese guy and they had a bunch of lovely options. Really enjoyed it, hope they succeed. For some reason that side of the little shopping strip there has been cursed, so fingers crossed they kick the trend.

Would go back. I'd think if you were doing a girls night situation it would be an absolute slam dunk.
GoBearsGo
SteamedHams said:

We went to Segovia last week, and we really liked it! Met Courtney, the owner, or at least co-owner and she could not have been sweeter. Great wines, food was quite tasty. I'm a die hard goat cheese guy and they had a bunch of lovely options. Really enjoyed it, hope they succeed. For some reason that side of the little shopping strip there has been cursed, so fingers crossed they kick the trend.

Would go back. I'd think if you were doing a girls night situation it would be an absolute slam dunk.
How was the temp in there?
SteamedHams
GoBearsGo said:

SteamedHams said:

How was the temp in there?
Temp was unremarkable, felt totally normal. I think it was about 215F outside, and inside I don't recall there every being a moment of even noticing the temperature.
Biscuits_and_Gravy
Went tonight and didn't find it uncomfortably warm. There were 4 of us and we cruised through about half the menu and found it all to be delightful.

GoBearsGo
Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

Went tonight and didn't find it uncomfortably warm. There were 4 of us and we cruised through about half the menu and found it all to be delightful.

Good to hear. We will try to stop by next weekend.
BUAlum97
Tried it for brunch today, excellent choices on the menu. The French toast is amazing.
2023 Adopt-a-Bear: Trey Wilson #91
Freshman, DL, Garland, TX

Tackles: 3
Assists: 2
Sacks: 1
Interceptions:
Blocks: 1
GoBearsGo
Here now and can confirm ac works.
T-REX
Checked it out Friday with my wife. I don't drink wine but she enjoyed 2 glasses there. We enjoyed the food items we ordered, some more than others. There was live music which we enjoyed hut it was pretty loud for such a fairly small space. But that's more on the musician than the restaurant. Enjoyed it overall. No AC issues. Little slow to start despite sitting at the bar but after we got our orders in, it was good
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
BaylorHistory
T-REX said:

We enjoyed the food items we ordered, some more than others.

I feel like that's just Spanish food in general. We always feel the same way with Si Tapas in Uptown Dallas.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
Biscuits_and_Gravy
I've only been in week nights when it's been sparse, hope weekend w/music is bringing in more people. I think they will do great when the new hotel opens.
Robert Wilson
Finally went. Was very happy with the selection of Spanish wines. Enjoyed talking to the proprietess. Had some nice tapas. Out of anchovies but se la vi. Pricey (maybe we just ate and drank a lot), but a great option to have in Waco. Will certainly be back.
RightRevBear
I know it has been open for a while now, but we finally went. We went there after eating at Bertie's at Hotel 1928. The service was great. They let us try a few wines before we chose. We also had a charcuterie board. It had Spanish cheeses, meats, and a jam made from Quince fruit. We really liked it, and we plan to go back.

P.S . It is finally nice that my child is old enough to stay home alone. My wife and I are going to be able to do more date nights now. If only, he was old enough to drive us around. I guess we will have to Uber.
Ursus
I keep forgetting about this place. Need to take my wife there. Thanks for the reminder!
Funky Town Bear
We pregamed here before the men's game last night. Great wines and the food was absolutely delicious. Highly recommend.
bearassnekkid
Funky Town Bear said:

We pregamed here before the men's game last night. Great wines and the food was absolutely delicious. Highly recommend.
We pregamed there as well. First time checking it out, and we absolutely loved the food and wines. Four of us, and we ordered four different Tapas and a charcuterie board. All were delicious. They sampled several different wines for us and we ended up buying two bottles . . . both of which we enjoyed so much I've already found both online and ordered several bottles delivered to the house.

Great place and we'll definitely be back.
Funky Town Bear
bearassnekkid said:

Funky Town Bear said:

We pregamed there as well. First time checking it out, and we absolutely loved the food and wines. Four of us, and we ordered four different Tapas and a charcuterie board. All were delicious. They sampled several different wines for us and we ended up buying two bottles . . . both of which we enjoyed so much I've already found both online and ordered several bottles delivered to the house.

Great place and we'll definitely be back.

I brought a bottle home with me as well. We talked with the owners for a bit. Both Baylor alums and great to talk with.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.