Best new place I need to try?

6,730 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Dustinf100
forza orsi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
73s de N4WJP said:

BearVerdad said:

We went to Bombones tonight, which is now called Cultura Mia. We really enjoyed it. They were empty, but the food was delicious. Coming from Dallas, it was great pricing…about $75 for 3 of us. And $6 margaritas. Hope they find some customers fast
I had dinner here last night, and it was excellent. The young waitstaff is a little hit and miss, but nothing that experience can't correct.

If you've been to Fonda San Miguel in Austin, the flavors are very similar, but with Waco prices. Generally speaking $14-$18 for the dinner menu. Chips and salsa aren't free, so just prepare for that culture shock.

I can't wait to go back!

I went tonight for probably the 4th or 5th time and tried something new, the torta ahogada, a Guadalajara specialty. Bread stuffed with tasty pork carnitas, a good tomato and onion sauce, and some refried beans, but also a hot sauce made with chile de arbol to dip it in. I am one of the world's biggest fans of salsa and especially love ones with some kick. The sauce that comes with this one is as tasty as it gets, but it also has about as big a kick as I have ever had. I'm an hour past it and there is still just a bit of burn, but a good one. I had the first bite or two without the sauce and it was good but not as good as I expected, but then I dipped it in the hot sauce and it all changed immediately. Wow! For something a little different, give it a try. Here's their description. https://www.facebook.com/profile/100065112007632/search/?q=ahogada
Grimm
We finally made it into El Mar on valley mills next to saffron... I was a little hesitant walking in, but it was fantastic. The torre mariscos thing was really good.
Biscuits_and_Gravy
New place, opened today in old Lula Janes location.open 7-2 T-Sat, light breakfast and pastries and single selection daily for lunch very similar to old Lula Janes. I had quiche w/salad & coconut cream pie as did my daughter.
bayloralumna22
Check out Sterling Clothing Co. for awesome menswear with unique Baylor selections. Also stop by Secret Chef for the best to-go homecooked meals. Both of these are local Baylor-grad owned businesses!
Dustinf100
King noodle on valley mills… excellent
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.