Electronic Supply Store

1,325 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Coke Bear
60R
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is there a vendor in Waco that has electronic supplies similar to what Radio Shack would have had in the past? I need special nylon fasteners for attaching a power control board to a control box in a Dometic RV heat pump.

Yogi
RIP Radio Shack.

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
MrGolfguy
Dealers Electric on Franklin at 15th or so (not sure actual address)
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
Griz
L&M Electronics on Waco Drive
60R
Griz said:

L&M Electronics on Waco Drive
Thanks for the reference. It seems they went out of business last year.
Eleven-League Grant
I realize you'd like something local, but now that both L&M and Altex are gone, about the best you can do locally is at Keith Ace Hardware on Hewitt Drive.

Back in the fastener section, there will be special pull-out drawers with all manner of specialty parts and fasteners.

Otherwise, you may need to do as I do and just order from Mouser and have them ship it to you:

Mouser Electronics - Nylon Screws

Good luck.
Edmond Bear
Yogi said:

RIP Radio Shack.

RIP Radio Shack

My dad was the Treasurer for Tandy Corp when Tandy decided to buy this little 13 store chain that sold electronic parts based in Boston. Tandy sent my dad and several others and families to live in Boston for a few months while they did dilegence and completed the sale.

My first memory is playing with a plastic train set on the floor of a kitchen at an apartment in Boston while mom my cooked.

That chain was added to a few other retail stores that Tandy was putting together and rebranded as Radio Shack.

By the way, dad just moved from Tyler to Waco last weekend.

Mr Tulip
While everyone else had the Commodore 64, I learned on a TRS-80 Color Computer. Eventually tricked it out with disk drives and a 300 Baud modem.

With that 300 Baud modem, I could connect to local message boards. Of course, the only people on those message boards were other nerds. They posted "how to" tech articles. One of those was how to build an out-of-band fine tuning inline control for coaxial cable.

Rode the bike to Radio Shack (in the Richland Mall - across from "Chess King") with my shopping list. Had to teach myself to solder, but eventually got it to work!

A 13 year old boy will move mountains.
Coke Bear
Batteries + at the corner of Valley Mills and Waco Drive carries a surprising, wide array of electronic items.

They have a phenomenal staff that really wants to help the customer whether it's a car battery, iPhone repair, key fob battery or programming, etc.

If you book online for those services, they sometimes offer a $5 discount.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.