What neighborhood do you live in?

11,348 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by JDGorham
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Where do people that live in China Spring go grocery shopping?
MrGolfguy
Edmond Bear said:

HEB on N.19th St?
4th and Inches
MrGolfguy said:

Edmond Bear said:

HEB on N.19th St?
the dollar general by mcdonalds has a small grocery section.

HEB 19th, then HEB bellmead or walmart bellmead

You can get HEB and Target deliverys into the China Spring area as well.
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
southtexasbear
Or just plan it when "in town". We typically stop by Wooded Acres on our way home from work.

DG Market for quick easy last minute stuff.
Miner1973a
Sunwest development about 2 blocks from Harris Creek Baptist Church.
BUDOS
Yeah my wife lived on Parrott and went to Den Highland, while I went to Lake Waco, Sanger, Bells Hill, Sanger due to multiple moves. (Not counting West Junior, North Junior, Waco High and finally Richfield).
STxBear81
not near linda and 1st gent
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Hewitt for this year
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Jackson Bear
Western Ridge area off of Chapel Road.
Yogi
McLennan County has to clean itself up before I will ever live there full time again.

The people are fantastic, but the old school leadership there is absolutely corrupt. Not evil, mind you. I don't think anyone is trying to harm anyone else; there are just some people who mind their interests more than their morals or their faith and that makes for some bad leadership.

But, keep in mind, Waco is still transitioning out of the Old South "Good Ol' Boy" system, so I anticipate that things will improve over time.

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
twowinns
We just bought a lot in The West End subdivision just west of the McGregor airport off Highway 84. Hope to sell our current home in McKinney and move to Waco within the next six months. We'll start construction on the new home, once we get there.
TenBears
The last time we were up there we took a drive-through Cameron Park and saw some nice new home development. I've always wondered what it would be like to live in that part of town. Very close to everything, and quite beautiful, but kind of a weird vibe.
Edmond Bear

If you are in McGregor or Harris Creek area, is SpaceX an issue? My dad moved to Woodway a few months ago and said there is a loud boom around 9:30 most nights.

Robert Wilson
TenBears said:

The last time we were up there we took a drive-through Cameron Park and saw some nice new home development. I've always wondered what it would be like to live in that part of town. Very close to everything, and quite beautiful, but kind of a weird vibe.
Some really neat houses in that area. Agree it's interesting - very pretty and close to everything with some cool old houses, but also more broadly in a "bad" area of town. Everything around you is going to be patchy. I would expect the corridor from downtown to Cameron Park area to continue to improve. Might be a good place to have your home $$s invested for the next 10 years of so.
SteamedHams
Edmond Bear said:

If you are in McGregor or Harris Creek area, is SpaceX an issue? My dad moved to Woodway a few months ago and said there is a loud boom around 9:30 most nights.

An issue? Nah. Definitely hear it go off plenty, its normally 60-90 seconds or so, rarely after 9:30pm. I think they get fined for tests after 9pm. We're in McGregor and its really a non-issue. I think it's neat knowing the important part those tests play in the future of human space exploration.
Beverly Hills Bear
First 3 years of my life in Beverly Hills moved away from Waco them back for College at Penland, Four Oaks, Baylor Plaza Ii then Mark Twain. Been in Houston since 89
Localbear
I grew up close to that area. I just realized about a month ago, when I was driving my daughters through those streets after some Mr. Snow, that all the streets near Meadowbrook were named after Ivy League and a couple of other top tier schools. Tells you how South Waco I was growing up I guess that I had no idea.
Calrocks94
Robinson
Marlin3030
Edmond Bear said:

We live in Harris creek, you definitely hear space x like the rest of town but it's not an issue in terms damage or anything else, just a noise.
william
go bears!
pro ecclesia, pro javelina
LIB,MR BEARS
JDGorham said:

Condo in Lake Air Tower, near Target & coliseum.
Mac Gorham lived there for a while as well
LIB,MR BEARS
near Park Lake and Macarthur
CaptBruisin
Right by Leal's
nickofWA
I live in Walla Walla, WA, now.

In 1950, my parents bought a house on the corner of S9th and Bagby. I attended 3rd and 4th grade at South Waco Elementary School ((15th & James St), then we moved away, but rented out the house. We came back to Waco, and I attended 9th grade at South Waco Junior High School (S9th & Ross). I then Attended San Marcos Academy, then Baylor.

I used to go to the Melrose theater Saturday matinee ( $.12 admission for the double feature + cartoon and serial such as Johnny Mack Brown, Rocketman, etc).We also shopped at the Safeway on Speight (as was the Melrose).

My folks sold the house in the mid '70's. It has been a rooming house for Baylor men for nearly 50 years.
JDGorham
There were 2 Mac Gorhams in Waco. My father in law Mac (G.M.) never lived in the LAT.
LIB,MR BEARS
JDGorham said:

There were 2 Mac Gorhams in Waco. My father in law Mac (G.M.) never lived in the LAT.
the one that married Jesse
JDGorham
Yes, he married Jessie but he never lived in LAT.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.