Basin Climbing

1,830 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by T-REX
BaylorHistory
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've heard about this one through the grapevine for a bit as it was finalizing funding. I enjoy gym bouldering so I'm stoked that we'll have something closer than Harker Heights and Austin. It looks like construction started last week and they're hoping to open in the spring.

Basin Climbing & Fitness Unveils New $2M Rock-Climbing Gym in Hewitt Central Texas Reporter (centraltxreporter.com)

Quote:

The newly erected facility, located at 650 Alliance Parkway in McLennan County, will sprawl across an impressive 13,600 square feet, of which 8,600 square feet is dedicated to the main floor and an additional 5,000 square feet accommodates a second floor.

Basin Climbing and Fitness

“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
Fat Daddy
Who are the principals in this venture? This is the first I have heard about this!
BaylorHistory
Fat Daddy said:

Who are the principals in this venture? This is the first I have heard about this!

I have no idea, but I do know it's financed locally as that's the contact I had that notified me about it being under construction. Waco has to be one of the 5-10 biggest metro areas in the country without at least a bouldering gym open to the public (SLC has both bouldering and a big wall, but not open to the public).
SteamedHams
BaylorHistory said:

Fat Daddy said:

I have no idea, but I do know it's financed locally as that's the contact I had that notified me about it being under construction. Waco has to be one of the 5-10 biggest metro areas in the country without at least a bouldering gym open to the public (SLC has both bouldering and a big wall, but not open to the public).
I take my kids almost every Sunday afternoon to do the rock wall, it is always time well spent.
BaylorHistory
SteamedHams said:

BaylorHistory said:

Fat Daddy said:

I take my kids almost every Sunday afternoon to do the rock wall, it is always time well spent.
I agree, especially in a climate like Waco's.

1.) It's a social sport with friendly people
2.) It's a great workout
3.) It's 70 something degrees year round.
BearlyHeardFrom
I believe there is still a silo facility in Hico too. Closer than Austin.
#LetsGoBrandon
BaylorHistory
BearlyHeardFrom said:

I believe there is still a silo facility in Hico too. Closer than Austin.

Yeah they do and it's a really cool setting, but I wouldn't want to go in this weather.
BaylorHistory
Baylor graduates to bring rock climbing gym to Hewitt (wacotrib.com)

Looks like it's BU people involved.
Yogi
Harker Heights used to have a climbing facility. It may still have. But is there a market for one on Waco separate from a gym?
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
T-REX
Yogi said:

Harker Heights used to have a climbing facility. It may still have. But is there a market for one on Waco separate from a gym?
Harker heights still does. And this place will have a gym with free weights, ect.

Read the article
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.