State Farm agent Waco

2,619 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Limited IQ Redneck in PU
sevenmilebeachbob
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm moving to Waco (actually Woodway), and for a number of years I've had my insurance with State Farm. At least for now I'm probably not going to change companies, but I'd appreciate a recommendation for a particular State Farm agent. I'd prefer someone with Baylor ties.
hill02
Nvmd.
MrGolfguy
Mike McKenzie, played football for the Bears, scored the last TD in the 50-7 win over the horns in '89.

www.insuringwaco.com
Grumpy
It's a free country, so pick whom you will, but a couple years ago, following a significant hail storm, mostly everyone in our development got a new roof . . . save for those who had State Farm. They have the doubly negative reputation for being expensive on the one hand and then not paying out on the other.
loanbear
MrGolfguy said:

Mike McKenzie, played football for the Bears, scored the last TD in the 50-7 win over the horns in '89.

www.insuringwaco.com
Can't speak to a State Farm experience, but you would be hard pressed to find a nicer guy than Mike.
TechDawgMc
Grumpy said:

It's a free country, so pick whom you will, but a couple years ago, following a significant hail storm, mostly everyone in our development got a new roof . . . save for those who had State Farm. They have the doubly negative reputation for being expensive on the one hand and then not paying out on the other.
Had the same experience here in Temple. My agent was Blake Harrell (from Waco) but he wasn't able to do anything about the stupidity. I did win the challenge, but I walked as soon as the roof was done.
TXWayne
I dropped USAA in the 2017-2018 timeframe and went with Texas Farm Bureau, they have been amazing and am so glad I went with them. They have covered major hail storms in 2019 and April of this year. They are extremely responsive and I often have a check in the bank before others have even seen an adjuster. Most recently, sadly, I was driving our two week old Acura MDX to Waco last Saturday and on SB 45 south of 30 the car in front of us ran over a huge chuck of semi tire in the road and launched it into the air and it hit the front drivers side of the car. Submitted claim online same day, received call Monday morning, got estimate today and will probably have check in the mail tomorrow. They are great.
Coke Bear
I graduated HS (Midway) with Kevin Krause. He played baseball for Austin College, but he supports Baylor atheltics. He has a tailgate complete with trailer and a couple TV's just across from the Baylor Basin.

I switched to Germania several years ago or both home and auto. Their rates are relatively low. I'm insuring five drivers and they always add as many discounts as they can find to help. Like Texas Farm Bureau, they only ensure the state of Texas. Our rates are not impacted by disasters in other states.
GoBearsGo
You can keep your local agent if they are in Texas. My brother is a SF agent outside San Antonio and I am in SE TX.

BaylorHistory
Grumpy said:

Weird I'm a licensed agent (not State Farm) and usually only hear glowing reviews from them on claims in the Waco area.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
UrsinusInfction
Can't speak to any major claims issues (knock on wood that continues), but we've been with Mike at SF for about 7 years. I've found them to be pretty affordable for our home, auto, and a couple of small life insurance policies.
4th and Inches
We just did 4 roofs, for different companies including one of them St Farm.. all good. Germania, Farm Bureau and Farmers were the others

Alot of it has to do with the adjuster they send out.. During hail storm claim season, those folks can get over worked and its tough to get them to backtrack.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
BaylorGuy314
Kevin Krause is my agent. His office is usually on the ball. I haven't had to call him much (thankfully).

I also have TxFB for a few random things and have always been impressed with them.

Yogi
Jake.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
GoldenBear03
Another vote for Krause.

Moondoggie
I used to use Kevin. I would always shoot the **** with him when I would drop by, and I like him a lot.

You can use the same SF agent anywhere in Texas.

But you owe it to yourself to check out AAA. Cheapest I've found by a mile, zero hassles and I have nothing but rave reviews.

Good luck.
57Bear
BaylorHistory said:

Grumpy said:

Weird I'm a licensed agent (not State Farm) and usually only hear glowing reviews from them on claims in the Waco area.
Perhaps it depends on the adjuster that SF sends out. My house is the only one in my neighborhood who hasn't had their roof replaced after a hail storm. Yes, I have SF. The "FUNNY" thing is that SF replaced the roof on the house next door. The not-so-funny thing is how much their rates are increasing, even though the insured has zero claims.
TechDawgMc
57Bear said:

BaylorHistory said:

Grumpy said:

Perhaps it depends on the adjuster that SF sends out. My house is the only one in my neighborhood who hasn't had their roof replaced after a hail storm. Yes, I have SF. The "FUNNY" thing is that SF replaced the roof on the house next door. The not-so-funny thing is how much their rates are increasing, even though the insured has zero claims.
It's pretty much all about the adjuster. My roofer said he'd seen SF be both very good and very bad--though he thought they were growing more consistently bad. Some of them think their path to advancement is not spending money. There's probably some of the higher ups who are dumb enough to see it that way. OTOH, my total insurance bill with them had hit $4K a year, and they lost it all over one roofing job that everyone else who looked at it, including the referee they paid, said was obvious.
Pea Weevil
We got pummeled with nearly 2" hail on May 19th. I have State Farm and they made good on both the house and car claims. I was OOP about $4,000 on the roof however they picked up the remaining $35,000. They do definitely cost more than their peers however I've never had any problems when making a claim on any of the homeowners, auto and/or jewelry policies. I constantly get fly by next insurance quotes in the mail that are roughly have their price however I've steered clear of them. The roofer mentioned that dealing with State Farm was much easier than Allstate who he said tends to try and shirk some of the costs.

Pea Weevil
SteamedHams
I have Allstate and they were amazing with our last roof job a couple years ago. It took about 3 minutes and they were like, "$28k? Not a problem friend. We appreciate you. We'll send a check right over xoxoxoxo".
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Glenn Cannon at Farmers has always been good to me.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.