Westlake Woodway

3,006 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by 4th and Inches
Bearmanly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
New development in Woodway. I'll admit that I'm pretty ignorant about Waco's economic distribution, but I'm not sure who's going to live in a place like this.
https://westlakewoodway.com/
STxBear81
Will Be a great neighborhood with beautiful homes
jbbear
Bearmanly said:

New development in Woodway. I'll admit that I'm pretty ignorant about Waco's economic distribution, but I'm not sure who's going to live in a place like this.
https://westlakewoodway.com/
Well, it looks like 13 of the 42 lots have already sold.
MrGolfguy
Is this the same land that about 30 years ago was supposed to be a Gary Player designed Championship golf course called Lost Pines? They had a news conference out there, with Gary Player in person, on the local news. That whole thing obviously went kaput, but I think at least part of this is the same land.
Grimm
I will probably not be living out there...
baylrballa
It's a very out of touch concept for the area.
bankerbear
How is it out of touch for the area?

In time, this will do well. Debt markets are fragmented right now, but long term, this will be a great addition to Woodway. Exclusive homesites in desirable sub market of Waco with exemplary schools.
Eleven-League Grant
Quote:

The five approved architectural styles for homes built in Westlake are shown below.
I guess the developers are trying to avoid some of the 'far out' west coast weirdo style of homes that you'll find mixed within some of Waco's other exclusive moneyed neighborhoods.

And, I apologize if one's choice of styling is 'unconventional'. I mean no offense by my casual wording above, as I suppose Frank Lloyd Wright designed some strange-looking stuff and received design awards for it.

At least the new residents of that neighborhood (with the cheapest of lots starting at a cool quarter mil) will be good 'customers' for the taxing authorities. Maybe the tax man will send them a Christmas smoked turkey or even a Chili's gift card as a token of their appreciation.
1outawayBear
Not in regards to this development-but anyone know the development name going up directly across from river valley MS and directly off speegleville RD?
baylrballa
bankerbear said:

In time, this will do well. Debt markets are fragmented right now, but long term, this will be a great addition to Woodway. Exclusive homesites in desirable sub market of Waco with exemplary schools.

Maybe so, I forsee a lot of californians buying site unseen.

At least the price of the lots has come down some. lol
bularry
bankerbear said:

sound like an investor! (i'm just kidding)
Snuf
MrGolfguy said:

Is this the same land that about 30 years ago was supposed to be a Gary Player designed Championship golf course called Lost Pines? They had a news conference out there, with Gary Player in person, on the local news. That whole thing obviously went kaput, but I think at least part of this is the same land.

Not the same land.
FirmBear24
1outawayBear said:

Not in regards to this development-but anyone know the development name going up directly across from river valley MS and directly off speegleville RD?

I knew it at one point. I think it is Deer something. You can get the plat through the official public records of McLennan County for no cost. Executive size lots.
FirmBear24
MrGolfguy said:

I believe the former golf course/subdivision was to be called Lost Colony. That is also being developed into a subdivision called Starlight Estates. Will be a great neighborhood.
BylrFan
HOAs are nothing but bullies that charge junk fees. I guess it makes sense for this particular area.
SoonerFrogs
bankerbear said:

where are these exemplary schools?
bankerbear
Woodway Elementary and South Bosque Elementary.
hodedofome
I wonder if the home buyers realize the land is on the fault line, and will require a good amount of foundation work to make sure the house doesn't fall apart. Budget at least $100k extra.
Marlin3030
In 2007, my wife and I bought 100 acres between llano and mason for far less than what some of those lots cost. Today it buys you a neighborhood lot. Wild.
bularry
Marlin3030 said:

In 2007, my wife and I bought 100 acres between llano and mason for far less than what some of those lots cost. Today it buys you a neighborhood lot. Wild.
very jealous of that purchase!
4th and Inches
bularry said:

Marlin3030 said:

very jealous of that purchase!
they dont make more land.. buy and never sell unless you have to
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.