Church in Fort Worth

1,920 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by boxster
bubear20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone know of good churches in Fort Worth

Single 26, and grew up in a baptist/non-denominational setting (FBC Woodway/Highland)
TechDawgMc
I was 27 and single when I moved to Ft. Worth. Went to Wedgwood Baptist for four years. Was a great experience. The singles group was pretty large, though it had a definite influence from the seminary--not sure if that's still true. Definitely worth a visit. I believe they do a mostly contemporary style worship.

Had friends at Southcliffe and Benbrook--both really liked their churches. At that time, Travis Avenue was the big church in town, but I'm not sure that stayed true after Joel Gregory left.

Griz
I don't know much about it, but I've heard good things about Christ Chapel.
Knight Bear
We love Aledo UMC, but it is more families. Not sure that it is a great place for singles, if you are interested in meeting other young singles. If you want something closer to where you've been going, Christ Chapel is really good. Main campus is on I-30/Montgomery and one that I'm sure has great singles grouips. The Aledo/Hudson Oaks campus is good too.
boxster
Any success finding a church thus far?
chrisbyrum
North Fort Worth Baptist Church. The pastor has renewed my interest in learning again.
bubear20
I did! I am at Northway Church in Dallas. It has a lot of great young people and Baylor alums. The preacher does not leave the Word the entire time! I have been super impressed!
boxster
bubear20 said:

I did! I am at Northway Church in Dallas. It has a lot of great young people and Baylor alums. The preacher does not leave the Word the entire time! I have been super impressed!
Congrats! Hear great things about that church, but not exactly around the corner from where you're living. If I would have known you would travel that far, I would have recommended my church!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.