Pool builder recommendations

1,553 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by jason_cook
jason_cook
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are in the process of moving into a new home and are looking at putting in a pool. Yes, I know the immediate response is - don't do it!

But … Does anyone have experience with Elite Pools or with Josh Barrera Pools? Both were recommended by our realtor.
Jvickers
We just put in a pool and had quotes from three folks in town. We ultimately chose Aquanauts and they were outstanding. They are doing a half dozen pools in my neighborhood right now. Easy to work with, great communication, and realistic expectations. They were the best price as well based on the design we wanted.
BearCPA
I put in a pool 18 months ago and regret it! I will never have another one.
trey3216
BearCPA said:

I put in a pool 18 months ago and regret it! I will never have another one.
You'll have that one for a while...
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Coyote Bear
Barrera is a really good guy. Won't screw you but like any contractor, he can get busy with other jobs. So you'll have to stay on top of him.
Showtime
Wrapping up a pool with Aquanauts right now. We hope to start filling tomorrow. If you get Jamie as your project manager, he's awesome to work with. The office can be a little unpolished at times but they're nice. So far I'd say I recommend them mainly because of Jamie.
jason_cook
Appreciate the feedback!
GoBearsGo
Get more decking that you think you'll need. You'll never have too much.
Exiled
Elite Pools - - No. No. No. Don't use them.
BUAlum97
Showtime said:

Wrapping up a pool with Aquanauts right now. We hope to start filling tomorrow. If you get Jamie as your project manager, he's awesome to work with. The office can be a little unpolished at times but they're nice. So far I'd say I recommend them mainly because of Jamie.

I agree, Aquanauts putting our pool and we also had Jamie as our project manager. Easy process.
trey3216
He's an aggy, but Jarred Milam with Backyard Concepts is awesome.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
jason_cook
Feedback has been extremely helpful. That's part of what's so great about this community.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.