Watters Creek Development in Waco?

1,360 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Coke Bear
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
New development discussed in Waco Trib today at 35 and 340:

"Walker Partners' initial engineering and surveying should wrap up within five months of its notice to proceed. Balk said the final concept for the project will depend on analysis and planning, but the city envisions potential for a neighborhood embracing Cottonwood Creek with 24-hour residential, commercial, retail and entertainment uses.

It could draw parallels to the creek opportunity embraced by Watters Creek Village in Allen, and the "vibrant live-work-play identity" Legacy Town Center secured in Plano, Balk said. New urbanism-style Legacy Town Center, redesigned in the 2000s with help from global firm DPZ CoDesign, created a mixed-use development through infill of a town center around an existing office park.

"This type of development would be characterized by a mixed-use town center model within a wider cohesive development, defined by an architecturally distinct blend of density and open space, with a park-like walkable setting, embracing Cottonwood Creek," Balk said."
cowboycwr
Where would this be?
Edmond Bear

I think it is the NE corner of I-35 and 6 (Loop 340)

The article says that Cottonwood Creek runs through it.
T-REX
Edmond Bear said:

mine as well. Land is in a prime location and really just sitting there waiting to be used
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
Yogi
Edmond Bear said:

Looks like it has a putting green on it.

It is prime real estate, but I think it still has to have environmental studies performed and utilities put in. That's a huge cost that will ultimately have to be shared in order to make that property attractive. Waco is gowning - but not that aggressively, at least not such that someone is willing to take on the costs of preparation and development.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
cowboycwr
It would be nice to see all four corners of that highway intersection developed out. Robinson has taken steps for that to happen with approving alcohol sales back in 2016 (I think maybe it was 2018) and work on a road on the south end of their corner of the intersection.
Coke Bear
Edmond Bear said:

I'm hoping that Costco would choose that location.

I'd love to see one in Waco. I believe that Mike Copeland stated that Waco is "moving up the list" as potential sites.

Selfishly, I'd love a Costco located in Lorena ISD tax zone to help the school. Waco could choose to drive north or south for their discount warehouse shopping.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.