BLVD steakhouse

1,429 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by william
loanbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know several have mentioned trying a meal here. Well last night was my wife and I's first time, and we came away very impressed.

Food, service, wine advice for pairing was all top notch. Ambiance is very nice as well. Probably has moved up to my number one place in Waco, and we will be regulars. Really great addition to the food scene.

We capped the evening with a drink on the rooftop bar at 1928 and sat by one of the patio fire pits. Perfect finish to the evening. Highly recommend both of these places if you have not been.

Waco is growing up!
PartyBear
I just tried to look at the menu online and saw no prices on the menu unless I missed something somewhere.
baylrballa
Very good. Every bit competition to 135 which was pretty much on its own tier in Waco for quite some time.

Similar pricing.
loanbear
PartyBear said:

I just tried to look at the menu online and saw no prices on the menu unless I missed something somewhere.
Comparable to 135 Prime or Diamondbacks.

Entrees range from 24 - 35, and steaks start at 50. For reference, we spent $195 with two entrees, two specialty drinks, one bottle of wine, and a smoked salad appetizer.
CammoTX
loanbear said:

PartyBear said:

Entrees range from 24 - 35, and steaks start at 50. For reference, we spent $195 with two entrees, two specialty drinks, one bottle of wine, and a smoked salad appetizer.

Go on about this smoked salad. Sounds intriguing
loanbear
CammoTX said:

loanbear said:

PartyBear said:

Go on about this smoked salad. Sounds intriguing
Really a deconstructed grilled Ceasar. Was delicious and you could certainly split it for two people.
RightRevBear
Great to hear
Grimm
Good to hear, we are going Sunday for a make up Valentine's day... Hopefully service will be ok with the super bowl going on... I've been concerned about how many places have been closing recently.
Eleven-League Grant
PartyBear said:

I think sometimes this is intentional because places will have several menus with different prices, and the prices will vary depending upon the day/season/event. With the availability of modern desktop publishing software and high-quality laser printers, changing the menus is fairly trivial.

For example, many places will parade out a special 'Valentines Day' menu. Pro tip - don't look for 'special' pricing, unless you consider 'special' to be elevated pricing.

And, if I may momentarily slip into my humorous, smart-alec persona, (and no PartyBear, this is not aimed at you, I assure you), I recall the old saw about places that don't price their offerings up front:
Quote:

If you have to ask the price, you probably can't afford it.

I'll return to my serious self now.
william
https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/haut+brion+pessac+leognan+bordeaux+france/1996/usa-nm-y
POE.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.