The decline of Whataburger

4,768 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by BUAL
Liteitup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've tried the app in Hewitt several times. Worked once, after that I swear they didn't start cooking till I signed in.
BylrFan
trey3216 said:

To those of you that wait too long for Whataburger, you're absolutely doing it wrong.

Use the app and order it to be picked up curbside. I've never waited longer than 10 minutes and it's hotter and fresher than anything you'd get waiting in line at the drive through.
curbside has been a nightmare, the waits are still 20 minutes pass the time they give you and you'd have to get off because of how slow it is. You might as well not bother because it's not even prioritized.

Others here showing the same issue.
Localbear
I park and go inside because I want to mix my own tea with sweet and unsweetened. By the time I mix my tea I am not waiting more than 5 minutes ever.

But when I have a big gap of meetings around lunch my dad and I hit up RR or Cupps.

Now if you want a really long line to wait in try Cava at about 6:30.
STxBear81
the BOBs are good. sausage, egg and cheese.

chik fila sausage egg and cheese on english muffin are better

triple meat all the way w/o lettuce and no bun is good
BaylorHistory
Liteitup said:

I've tried the app in Hewitt several times. Worked once, after that I swear they didn't start cooking till I signed in.
Which I would be fine with honestly. I don't get upset with Whataburger as a time sink as much as I get upset about getting a burger where the cheese isn't even melted and the fries are cold.
trey3216
BylrFan said:

trey3216 said:

To those of you that wait too long for Whataburger, you're absolutely doing it wrong.

Use the app and order it to be picked up curbside. I've never waited longer than 10 minutes and it's hotter and fresher than anything you'd get waiting in line at the drive through.
curbside has been a nightmare, the waits are still 20 minutes pass the time they give you and you'd have to get off because of how slow it is. You might as well not bother because it's not even prioritized.

Others here showing the same issue.

I mean, I don't know what to say. I use it fairly regularly, and may have had one run 14-30 minutes and that's because the curbside next to me had at least 8-10 full combos. I use it at whichever one I'm going to, and I do t have problems
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Easy Money
Whatawait
dave714
Hewitt whataburger is consistently cold food after 10pm. Everytime I have to zap the burger in microwave after a 5 min ride home.
hodedofome
I've had good luck during lunch at the Whataburger on 35 by Baylor. Both wait times and quality of food.
trey3216
dave714 said:

Hewitt whataburger is consistently cold food after 10pm. Everytime I have to zap the burger in microwave after a 5 min ride home.

Anything not in foil or cardboard is going to be cold in 5 minutes…from any restaurant.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I frequent the Hewitt WB one a week for supper and most Sat. mornings for breakfast. Grilled onions and jalapenos. there are probably better and more expensive burgers in town. After living overseas and struggling to find a decent burger i appreciate the quality and price of WB. I agree it has gone downhill in service and quality
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
BUAL
Here we go again. Nobody who owns functioning taste buds and isn't confusing Whatever Burger loyalty with Texas loyalty will quickly pick In & Out over Whatever Burger every single time. Their burgers are fine but not category leading. They are one notch above Burger King.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.