best internet provider

961 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by RightRevBear
Localbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who is the best provider of internet in Woodway area?
Illinois Bear
Localbear said:

Who is the best provider of internet in Woodway area?

We've had AT&T since we moved into our house 3 years ago. No complaints so far.
BylrFan
Astound for prices. $20 for 300mb with equipment for 2 years.

AT&T if you want speed.
Marlin3030
We've had time warner/spectrum for 18 years. No issues, no clue if it's the best or not.
HelbergStan99
Depends on what you're looking for. If you're not using it for anything more than watching TV and streaming, then most companies would be fine. But if you're doing video calls for work, or would like to be doing multiple things at once (watching something/online video games/Zoom calls…) I'd recommend something a little stronger.

Check if your address is available for AT&T fiber, it's a great service and super convenient, my parents have it and they love it, as soon as they install it for me area I'm gonna switch over
RightRevBear
I live in Hewitt, and I have Astound, formerly Grande, 1GB. It works really well. I do a ton of video conferencing for work. My wife can be streaming TV and my son gaming all while I am on a video call. I had Spectrum years ago. I found the service to be expensive. It couldn't handle our demands and we had to reset the modem on a regular basis. They were the only show in town at that time.
Coke Bear
I'd go with AT&T to combine discounts; however, it isn't offered yet in my subdivision.

We've been with Astound/Grande for since we built 24 years ago. I call then when they attempt to raise. I'm paying $63 for 600K. We have two gamers and we stream multiple devices with no issues.
hodedofome
AT&T fiber here. I had Astound before, but switched because of the speed. It's been very reliable, no issues. 1 gb down/up.
Localbear
Thanks everyone. I had 1 Gig Google Fiber when I was in Arkansas and 500 MB in Mexico City for the last 3 years. Wife and I will work from home most days when we aren't traveling and have heavy zoom meetings. We are a family of 5 with teenagers so lots of streaming and WhatsApp video calls. Probably going with the 2 Gig ATT fiber package that they said was in my area and based on feedback here. The 5 Gig seems cool, but pricey and coming from the 500 MB to 2 Gig will already seem like lightning.
RightRevBear
The 2 gig from AT&T sounds great. I called them to see what speeds I could get from them in Hewitt. I can get 5mb at my address. I had to double check that I heard megabytes, not gigabytes. I did do some other price checking, and I was able to get my bill lowered by around $50 bucks a month from my current provider.
Yogi
AOL. Downloads is just minutes!

In fact, I think I still have a disk you can use sitting in my kitchen drawer.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
RightRevBear
I can hear the beautiful sound of a 14.4 modem connecting via a phone line. Brings back memories of using search engines like Lycos and AltaVista on my Netscape web browser.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.