Power outages in Waco ....

1,474 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by MrGolfguy
Bexar Pitts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Arroyo Road still out...Only a few lucky customers in the surrounding area have power..No restoration time being given..Anyone else in other areas of town that have been out for awhile? Just tryimg to get an idea of which areas are still "dark." Summer heat appears to be coming next week.. Edit: Not sure how current/accurate Oncor outage map is...
WacoKelly83
In Woodway, some houses on Cardinal Dr and Falcon Dr between Gladedale and Raven have been out since 3:45 am Friday morning.
Bexar Pitts
I'm also curious as to why traffic signal lights are still out on Valley Mills Dr.when surrounding business have power..Doesn't Waco have an entire Dept for signal maintenace? Wondering why main artery streets weren't attended to first? Perhaps an equipment shortage?
Blackjack Bear
Bexar Pitts said:

I'm also curious as to why traffic signal lights are still out on Valley Mills Dr.when surrounding business have power..Doesn't Waco have an entire Dept for signal maintenace? Wondering why main artery streets weren't attended to first? Perhaps an equipment shortage?
I Think Valley Mills Drive is Txdot Maintained.
Bexar Pitts
Blackjack Bear said:

Bexar Pitts said:

I Think Valley Mills Drive is Txdot Maintained.
Thanks..I was told a few minutes ago that VM Drive signals are operating again..Step in the right direction!
Blackjack Bear
Us Oldtimers Can Remember when Valley Mills Dr was Highway 6 …. The Highway To Valley Mills , It's Still State Maintained.
Bexar Pitts
Blackjack Bear said:

Us Oldtimers Can Remember when Valley Mills Dr was Highway 6 …. The Highway To Valley Mills , It's Still State Maintained.
Absolutely! Wish I had a buck for everytime I stopped at Sunbeam Bait House on the way to the Lake and bought minnows and Catfish Charlie.
Blackjack Bear
Bexar Pitts said:

Blackjack Bear said:

Absolutely! Wish I had a buck for everytime I stopped at Sunbeam Bait House on the way to the Lake and bought minnows and Catfish Charlie.
Had forgotten about sunbeam bait house ! Stopped at Pete griffins in bosqueville many a time for minnows, beer, ice.
Bexar Pitts
Blackjack Bear said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Blackjack Bear said:

Had forgotten about sunbeam bait house ! Stopped at Pete griffins in bosqueville many a time for minnows, beer, ice.
Yep! When headed out 19th to one of the fishin spots/camps on North Bosque, that was a regular stop..Lots of camps like "Bass Haven" out on the River..I used to catch small perch that Dad would bait trotlines with for the "Big Uns!"
Localbear
My dad got electricity back about 1.5 hours ago in South Waco and it just turned on at our rental off of Chapel Road.
254alum
WacoKelly83 said:

In Woodway, some houses on Cardinal Dr and Falcon Dr between Gladedale and Raven have been out since 3:45 am Friday morning.

We live over here and our house was fine, but Whipporwill between Cardinal and Falcon looks like a war zone. Trees coming down, limbs in the street. Wild.
Bexar Pitts
Areas around Arroyo Rd. now back! There were many crews working the area, so I would think they won't leave until all outages are cleared..
MrGolfguy
Power still out at my m-i-law's place in Robinson
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.