Looks like development is hitting Lorena on 35 now.

9,249 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Marlin3030
SoonerFrogs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
please name these examples
BaylorGuy314
There is more to the sexual assault/principal story than has come out in any of the articles I've read. I'm not saying it vindicates the Principal Jewell's lack of action but it does make it more understandable why that lack of action occurred. As is usually the case, there are three sides to every story and right now, one side is much more vocal than the other side with the truth somewhere in between.
cowboycwr
SoonerFrogs said:

please name these examples
Let's see there are:

The time a principal's child was caught with alcohol on campus.... and nothing happened.

The time they laid off a bunch of teacher's citing the failure of a tax increase vote.... but gave the super a pay raise.

The time the superintendent's child was caught selling ADHD meds to other students

SoonerFrogs
so kids drinking and doing drugs are your examples? LOL
Yogi
BaylorGuy314 said:

There is more to the sexual assault/principal story than has come out in any of the articles I've read. I'm not saying it vindicates the Principal Jewell's lack of action but it does make it more understandable why that lack of action occurred. As is usually the case, there are three sides to every story and right now, one side is much more vocal than the other side with the truth somewhere in between.

There are four sides to every story:

1. The accuser's side.
2. The accused's side ( as if we care).
3. The Truth (which no one wants to deal with).
4. What it looks like. (This is what makes it really, really easy to legally ruin human lives).
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
cowboycwr
SoonerFrogs said:

Why do you laugh? You asked for examples. I provided them. Things that have been swept under the rug. Sorry they weren't as serious as this current one they are sweeping under the rug.

There are others as well. Those were just a few.
Yogi
cowboycwr said:

SoonerFrogs said:

Why do you laugh? You asked for examples. I provided them. Things that have been swept under the rug. Sorry they weren't as serious as this current one they are sweeping under the rug.

We'll see. I am familiar with none of these events, and I have had an ear to the ground in that community for nearly 50 years.

Not saying you're telling bad stories; I just haven't heard any of them - not through rumors or small talk. And it is my experience that Lorena ISD is overly cautious when contacting CPS.

I have friends and family on staff and in administration there and can get the three different sides of the story.
FrankFallonCalling
Yogi said:

cowboycwr said:

SoonerFrogs said:

We'll see. I am familiar with none of these events, and I have had an ear to the ground in that community for nearly 50 years.

Not saying you're telling bad stories; I just haven't heard any of them - not through rumors or small talk. And it is my experience that Lorena ISD is overly cautious when contacting CPS.

I have friends and family on staff and in administration there and can get the three different sides of the story.

I am very familiar with two of the three events cowboycwr references. In one case, there was no consequence. In the other, there were significant consequences. He may not have heard about them.
Yogi
FrankFallonCalling said:

Yogi said:

cowboycwr said:

SoonerFrogs said:

I am very familiar with two of the three events cowboycwr references. In one case, there was no consequence. In the other, there were significant consequences. He may not have heard about them.

Thanks for an update.

I was family with the president of the school board way back in the day and never received any special treatment
cowboycwr
Yogi said:

cowboycwr said:

SoonerFrogs said:

That is what happens when things are swept under the rug. People who aren't directly connected (like in the school, have a child in the school, or spouse of an employee) often hear nothing of these events.

Like several others I could mention that get worse.

Like a teacher being arrested for sleeping with a student (guess that one wasn't swept under the rug though).

Or the teacher who was rumored to be sleeping with students and then started dating one the night she graduated and the school just let him go to another district and repeat the behavior.

There are plenty of others I could list as well
Coke Bear
cowboycwr said:

That is what happens when things are swept under the rug. People who aren't directly connected (like in the school, have a child in the school, or spouse of an employee) often hear nothing of these events.

Like a teacher being arrested for sleeping with a student (guess that one wasn't swept under the rug though).

Or the teacher who was rumored to be sleeping with students and then started dating one the night she graduated and the school just let him go to another district and repeat the behavior.

My wife will not let me comment on the items you mentioned because she still works at the school.

Having said that, do you think that Lorena is the ONLY school where this stuff happens?

I've officiate HS volleyball, basketball, and softball for many years. I've gotten to know many coaches and admins. They talk. This stuff, sadly, happens at most schools.
cowboycwr
Coke Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

My wife will not let me comment on the items you mentioned because she still works at the school.

Having said that, do you think that Lorena is the ONLY school where this stuff happens?

I've officiate HS volleyball, basketball, and softball for many years. I've gotten to know many coaches and admins. They talk. This stuff, sadly, happens at most schools.

I know these things happen at other schools. The difference is that Lorena has multiple issues every year that are hushed up, swept away and not dealt with. And for being a small school it makes the issues worse because they are happening at a higher frequency/ratio than other schools.

I could list many more for Lorena. Heck We could start a different thread and I could list at least one thing from every McLennan county district. I have just been trying to not air all of the district's dirty laundry or get to personal with the information.
BylrFan
Fervor remains over Lorena ISD sex abuse lawsuit as new school year approaches - the trib
RightRevBear
BaylorGuy314 said:

There is always more to the story, but we are talking about young kids. She is a mandatory reporter. It is not her job to decide what is and isn't the truth. It is her job to report when she hears of potential abuse to the proper authorities. The law is clear on this issue. It is a felony not to report. I'm tired of people letting child molesters walk to do it again.
BaylorGuy314
RightRevBear said:

BaylorGuy314 said:

There is always more to the story, but we are talking about young kids. She is a mandatory reporter. It is not her job to decide what is and isn't the truth. It is her job to report when she hears of potential abuse to the proper authorities. The law is clear on this issue. It is a felony not to report. I'm tired of people letting child molesters walk to do it again.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. Just saying that there is far more to it if what I've been told is accurate. Still, it's something you have to report and hope you're wrong.
Yogi
Speaking of... Have any of you ever noticed the number of sex offenders in McLennan Count? There's like one in the news every other day. Forget Lorena, I would be afraid to put my kid anywhere in McLennan County with the kinds of numbers McLennan County is putting up - or maybe they get paid for ever how many sex offenders the county can produce.

Think about it: the current number of convicted and alleged sex offenders in McLennan County dwarfs that of Bell County to the South, which has about twice the population as McLennan County.
hodedofome
It's all the Briles recruits.

On a serious note, I think it could be the enforcement. McLennan county sheriff is bound and determined to get rid of human trafficking and child offenders.
whitetrash
Yogi said:

Speaking of... Have any of you ever noticed the number of sex offenders in McLennan Count? There's like one in the news every other day. Forget Lorena, I would be afraid to put my kid anywhere in McLennan County with the kinds of numbers McLennan County is putting up - or maybe they get paid for ever how many sex offenders the county can produce.

Think about it: the current number of convicted and alleged sex offenders in McLennan County dwarfs that of Bell County to the South, which has about twice the population as McLennan County.
Because they are too busy investigating the daily driveby shootings in Killeen to worry about the sex offenders.

And what hodedofome said.
Yogi
n/m

Marlin3030
I think some of that has to do with the focus of the sheriffs office, if bell county focused on it to the same extent, their numbers would be just as high but violent crime seems to be a real pressing problem.

I could be completely wrong.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.