Graduation Dining Recommendations

2,116 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by BaylorGuy314
Greenboy232
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My oldest will graduate from Baylor with her bachelors degree in August.

We're looking for a good spot for dinner for a group of eight to celebrate after.

Would like something nice, but not insanely expensive. I know that's somewhat subjective, but would like some suggestions.

I know there are so many new restaurants in Waco, but not familiar with a lot of them. And it doesn't have to be a new place.

Thanks!
Bear_Fan254
Hard to beat Di Campli's.

Not overly expensive but still nice and great food and service.
Biscuits_and_Gravy
Red herring! It's the new restaurant in Herringbone hotel. They have a couple of seating options for parties that size and the small plates menus makes it easier to accommodate everyone's preferences. It also feels special to me.
Yogi
I don't think anything is really insanely expensive in Waco, though I did spend $296 for two the last time I dined at 135 Prime. That is expensive by Waco expectations.

Yeah, I like the atmosphere of the Red Herring as well. That's actually a really good suggestion.

The Brasserie at Hotel 1928 has a limited menu, but the prices aren't terrible. The upside of that is that you're getting of piece of Waco history along with the whole Magnolia fame.

If you like Mexican, I think Hecho in Waco is a nice place. It's clean and with the expansion can accomodate larger parties now.

You're just kind of limited on your options since Waco doesn't have a Bennigan's,
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
BaylorGuy314
Pignetti's
Red Herring
135 Prime
Brasserie
Blvd Steakhouse
Butchers Cellar
Diamondbacks
BaylorGuy314
Yogi said:

You're just kind of limited on your options since Waco doesn't have a Bennigan's,

Are there any Bennigans left?

Their Country Chicken Salad with a side of potato soup was not in the least bit healthy but delishiousness.
Big12Bear
Only two in Texas: Borger and Monahans.

A restauranteur bought the rights to both Bennigans and Steak & Ale and has plans for a comeback. Grand Prairie is supposed to be getting one soon, although Steak & Ale first.
Fat Daddy
1424 is great for what you are describing!
Yogi
1424 is probably my favorite Waco restaurant.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Blueashtj
We've eaten at Pivovar a few times and love it too.
tcbear
Same here; really like Pivovar.
Greenboy232
Ended up booking reservations at Pignetti's for post-graduation dinner next Saturday. Thanks for the tips!
Bearnado
Greenboy232 said:

Ended up booking reservations at Pignetti's for post-graduation dinner next Saturday. Thanks for the tips!

Good choice. Best steak in Waco.
BaylorGuy314
Greenboy232 said:

The brussel sprouts are one of the best things I've ever eaten.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.