Poco Loco opening on Valley Mills Dr; Allsups closes

1,424 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by bularry
Mike E
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Poco Loco will be opening a 2nd location what looks to be in the old discount theater building.

Mike E
And in other news.. the new Allsups near Foster Pavilion did not make it!

SmallMan1209
Never made it into the Allsups. Bummer. But I guess that's part of the reason why they closed. Not a lot of people did.
UrsinusInfction
Nearly half a dozen businesses/restaurants have closed on those two blocks of University Parks since the street was closed for years, I imagine the drop off in traffic has to be a partial cause.
BellCountyBear
Never been a fan of Allsups when I've had to travel to west Texas. Good riddance.
Edmond Bear

I never understood that location. There is almost no housing density around it and tons of other choices. It seemed like a convenience store that was not convenient.
ARbear13
That Allsups was difficult to access at the best of times; not very convenient for a convenience store. It wasn't helped by the fact that it was a gathering place of sorts for Waco's homeless. That probably scared away some of its more skittish potential customers.
bularry
Edmond Bear said:

I never understood that location. There is almost no housing density around it and tons of other choices. It seemed like a convenience store that was not convenient.

they were trying to create a new category 'un-convenient store' based on the premise that if it is more difficult to attain, people will pay more..
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.