looking for cover musician for hire

1,585 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Plumb-line
Plumb-line
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm looking for a guitarist or two to do cover songs for a party in Waco. Any one have recs? Looking for 80's 90's and current pop, with maybe some 90's country
BaylorGuy314
Mike Donohue
254-495-2049

Tell him Brandon Warford recommended
Localbear
Not going to help in this situation, but if you haven't been to a Spazmatics concert you must do it at least once. Great cover band. Looks like they may be a fixture in Vegas now so their Texas shows are limited.
william
larry carlton
los angeles metro, ca

- kkm
pro ecclesia, pro javelina
Mr Tulip
Localbear said:

Not going to help in this situation, but if you haven't been to a Spazmatics concert you must do it at least once. Great cover band. Looks like they may be a fixture in Vegas now so their Texas shows are limited.
They're regulars at the CASA benefit event each year. Really talented and a ton of fun!
redfish961
Plumb-line said:

I'm looking for a guitarist or two to do cover songs for a party in Waco. Any one have recs? Looking for 80's 90's and current pop, with maybe some 90's country

Get in touch with Brian Brown.

Part owner of the Backyard and very connected long time local musician.

Get his number from Backyard Waco.
FrankFallonCalling
Localbear said:

They're a "chain band" with franchises in a bunch of different cities. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spazmatics
CammoTX

Robert Wilson
www.touchofgreywaco.com
trey3216
BaylorGuy314 said:

Mike Donohue
254-495-2049

Tell him Brandon Warford recommended
That or tell him his business partner recommended him..... lol
Plumb-line
Thanks all
Bexar Pitts
Lester , sadly, has passed....but his "right hand man", ole Wichita, may now be available..His famous "take off lead guitar" is haunting..Here's just a small example....
ABC BEAR
Are you looking for someone who can play both Country and Western? I heard a band at Bob's Country Bunker that can cover Had a lead singer named Jake.....but I don't recall their name.
ABC BEAR
Bexar Pitts said:

Lester , sadly, has passed....but his "right hand man", ole Wichita, may now be available..His famous "take off lead guitar" is haunting..Here's just a small example....
Great pipes.
Bexar Pitts
You've gotta be really good to be THAT bad! The late Harold Reid ( Statler Bros) was the ultimate person to play Lester "Roadhog" Moran..The rest of the Statlers played their roles to a "T." They did about 20 minutes on the Statler Bros. "Then and Now" album, and a complete album titled "Alive at the Johnny Mack Brown High School" that's a hoot..
Plumb-line
I was shooting for more pop and rock but thanks
Moondoggie
Any luck?
Plumb-line
I found someone. Thanks all for the help.
I now have a bunch of future great ideas too.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.