I35 Work to Start Again in Spring

1,440 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Yogi
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They will be expanding I35 between 12th street and South Loop 340. Every overpass will be replaced. The project is expected to take 4 years to complete.

https://wacotrib.com/eedition/page-a1/page_35dcf7f1-533d-5195-94f5-7f6e7c7437b6.html
Bbear2d
Dude
🐻🏈💯💵
G$8
Glad they're finally working on this. Time to get it done and be done with the major reconstruction projects on 35...
Bear Doc
I actually think for locals, this construction will be easier to avoid and less disruptive than the other section. Franklin and New Road will be nightmare fuel again most of the time (it already is during rush hour), but living out in Woodway/Hewitt, it may be just a tad longer to take Franklin to 18th and then cut over to 35 to go northbound.

Beats the heck out of taking Lake Shore all the way around every time you want to go northbound.

The article also mentions not having to replace any bridges across waterways, so hopefully that will speed up the completion timeline.
Redbrickbear
G$8 said:

Glad they're finally working on this. Time to get it done and be done with the major reconstruction projects on 35...

It will never end

Time is a flat circle...we have always been working on I-35....we will always be working on I-35.
Eleven-League Grant
Thanks for posting that.

In fact, TxDOT's 2025 UTP, which is scheduled to be approved this Thursday (August 22, 2024), shows several area road construction projects to be 'let' during the 2025-2028 time frame. They are:

1. I-35 -- 12th Street to South Loop 340

2. SH 6 -- Twin Bridges over Lake Waco

3. East Loop 340 / SH6 -- Full freeway from Brazos River to US 84 in Bellmead

4. Franklin Ave / US 84 -- various changes

5. SH 6 -- out past twin bridges -- various changes

While I guess it would have been better for #3 to have been completed before #1, I imagine we'll survive.

TxDOT - Draft 2025 Unified Transportation Program
Yogi
#4 includes the overpass to be built at Franklin and New Road, and I saw some workers around those parts just this past weekend - and the regular non-workers, of course!

Also, #4 includes widening 84 from Waco to Hewitt. I believe this includes the replacement of the Hwy 6 bridges and the installation of flyovers at that the 6/84 interchange.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
BylrFan
G$8 said:

A 5 lane project will be in the works after this.
Yogi
But trying to pull off this IH-35 project while big expansions/ renovations will be simultaneously occurring in Temple/ Belton and Austin is going to make travelling down 281 a necessity for awhile.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.