Foster Garage

2,254 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Yogi
baylorguy09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Drove by the parking garage yesterday. I thought they were putting a digital video board up on the plaza side facing the arena? They have filled all the spots with the Waco logo tarp stuff.

Did they decide not to add it?
G$8
I'm assuming those are placeholders underneath where all the Baylor signage will go so that the garage is always covered when they change out all the team photos after every season. I imagine Baylor only has a goal to have their stuff all up before the season starts so by the end of next month it should be all up.
baylorguy09
G$8 said:

I'm assuming those are placeholders underneath where all the Baylor signage will go so that the garage is always covered when they change out all the team photos after every season. I imagine Baylor only has a goal to have their stuff all up before the season starts so by the end of next month it should be all up.
Not sure why they would spend the money on putting up temporary Waco-logo materials only to pull them down for the basketball season, especially if the plan is to add digital boards to the side.

But... I am hoping you are right. Just disappointed that they are not getting it finished. I would prefer not having an arena under construction again when the season starts.
UrsinusInfction
I don't know if digital boards are coming that will cover that whole facade. I will say, it's weird that the covering that has a bear and a Baylor logo is facing the river where few fans will see it. The other coverings are a picture of Lover's Leap (UP facing) and some historic Waco photos (facing west). There is a trib article here for those with access that includes some visuals:

https://wacotrib.com/news/local/business/development/waco-texas-baylor-university-parks-basketball-riverfront-catalyst-urban-development/article_c77fa9c2-5bdc-11ef-a034-cbe8debf3551.html
Yogi
I will look again but I thought they left a spot at the top for the video board.

My guess is that Baylor fell short on its part of the deal. There were supposed to be Baylor panels on the Foster side, but they have just Waco's flying W instead.

Then, there is no video board on the garage that Baylor was supposed to cover.

And then, the new back video board and extra video panels at McLane haven't been realized.

Pretty soon Dr. Livingstone is going to be panhandling for extra funds on Franklin.

Maybe that's the same reason we kept Aranda around another year. Our bank accounts need some funds.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
baylorguy09
I drove by it again yesterday and they have put the "flying W" city logo on all of the panels facing the plaza of the arena and CRT. That to me is ridiculous and a truly missed opportunity.

Someone needs to put a really nice sports bar in there and I guarantee it will make bank when it comes to basketball season (and even during football season with its proximity to McLane).

Missed opportunities to make this truly the best of the best.
Yogi
Agreed. I was disappointed as well. Baylor never finished that video board project. Looks like the garage board was fixed, and McLane remains unfinished with the ball of the scoreboard still exposed and none of the planned boards where the team enters installed.

And there were supposed to be Baylor themed panels on the arena side, so it appears Baylor failed to meet its part of the bargain.
Calrocks94
From what I heard from my inside sources, there's some supply chain problems right now on their video boards were all delayed and stuff that they're still gonna happen eventually
Yogi
Calrocks94 said:

From what I heard from my inside sources, there's some supply chain problems right now on their video boards were all delayed and stuff that they're still gonna happen eventually
Everything is going to happen eventually.

Eventually, the lights at McLane are going to be replaced with LED's.

Eventually.
Funky Town Bear
The only thing that won't eventually quit happening is people *****ing about stuff.
BUbearinARK
Funky Town Bear said:

The only thing that won't eventually quit happening is people *****ing about stuff.

How many Baylor fans does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
whitetrash
BUbearinARK said:

Funky Town Bear said:

More than SMU fans (2: one to mix the drinks and one to call daddy to send his workman), but fewer than Aggy (70,000: 1 to do it and 69,999 to squeeze their junk and make it a tradition).
KEBasketball
whitetrash said:

BUbearinARK said:

Funky Town Bear said:

More than SMU fans (2: one to mix the drinks and one to call daddy to send his workman), but fewer than Aggy (70,001: 1 to do it, 69,999 to squeeze their junk and make it a tradition, and 1 corp moron with a sword to make sure nobody from SMU gets anywhere close to the process).
FIFY…

- KEB
Yogi
Drove by the stadium yesterday, and it appears that the new backside video board may be fully operational for Homecoming.

It looked like it was installed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.