I35 pedestrian walkways

3,043 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Dungeon Athletics
Ashley Hodge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
was reading the interview with Waco Mayor Kyle Deaver in Baylor Magazine. He said two pedestrian walkways underneath I35 at the end of the construction process.

4th/5th streets and 11th/12th streets

That will be a welcomed addition to Baylor's campus
OsoCoreyell
As long as they don't become unofficial homeless shelters.
Mr Tulip
Obviously, security has to come with construction. However, this should go a ways toward reconnecting Baylor with downtown Waco.

I was hugely skeptical, but it's undeniable that Waco's downtown now has a pulse. For once, that pulse isn't fluttering due to a stabbing at a used car lot. There are now genuine reasons to visit downtown Waco after 5pm.

Texas still has the issue of being stupidly hot 8 months out of the year, but being able to visit downtown Waco from Baylor without using motorized transportation would be a great benefit.
CorsicanaBear
Pedestrian tunnels = dens of scum and villainy wherever they exist. No exceptions.
Illigitimus non carborundum
Showtime
OsoCoreyell said:

As long as they don't become unofficial homeless shelters.
Gotta light them up. You leave them dark and they will. Throw some crazy bright LEDs in here.
Boernebear
Everyone realizes these aren't tunnels, right? Walkways = pedestrian sidewalks. Plenty of lighting too.
Dia del DougO
Great idea. Pedestrian post game traffic would be so much safer and faster and everyone could get home safely with far less mess if there were some better avenues for them without jamming up the roads.

Jerry World really needs some of that, too. The mob leaving the stadium through car exit lanes trying to get out of the parking lots turns what should be a reasonable process into a total clusterfudge, makes it worse for everybody and keeps people stuck at the stadium twice as long as they should be.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
hodedofome
As a male, I haven't felt unsafe in downtown Waco in like 20 years.
Redbrickbear
hodedofome said:

As a male, I haven't felt unsafe in downtown Waco in like 20 years.
You probably didn't grow up in pansy rich kid part of Dallas or Austin though.

That is usually the problem.

I use to hear kids from Highland park, Plano, etc. at Baylor all the time say "Waco is so ghetto and scary"

I was like what?......Compared to Beaumont/Port Arthur it's San Francisco.
CorsicanaBear
Quote:

Compared to Beaumont/Port Arthur it's San Francisco.
So Waco is covered with crap on the sidewalks and used drug syringes?

Illigitimus non carborundum
OsoCoreyell
Boernebear said:

Everyone realizes these aren't tunnels, right? Walkways = pedestrian sidewalks. Plenty of lighting too.
Yep. Understood that.
BearlyHeardFrom
CorsicanaBear said:

Quote:

Compared to Beaumont/Port Arthur it's San Francisco.
So Waco is covered with crap on the sidewalks and used drug syringes?

Dungeon Athletics
CorsicanaBear said:

Pedestrian tunnels = dens of scum and villainy wherever they exist. No exceptions.
Solution: Saturday services at the new Church Under the Church Under the Bridge.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.