Union Hall

3,353 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Edmond Bear
hodedofome
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waiting for this downtown food court to open up. I think there's a pizza place open but I haven't been to it yet, everything else is still under construction as far as I know.

What I'm really wanting is for Ceviche Del Mar to open up at Union Hall. I love that food truck and can't wait for it to turn into a real restaurant.
Boernebear
They haven't posted online in awhile from what I can tell. Will never understand when this type of business doesn't keep potential excited customers in the loop.

In any event, from what I've heard and seen, most of the vendors should be open in Nov/Dec timeframe. Certainly missed most of football season that they were trying to open for, but will still be a great addition downtown.
IASIP Rocks
Their "Coming This Summer" sign isn't aging well
Edmond Bear

Looking forward to visiting this place. Have been to a few like it in other cities and love the concept
Coyote Bear
The Pizza Place already closed Waldy's. I believe they are working towards a new location now.
Edmond Bear
Looked through the FAQs and saw that their leases were expected to be 2 to 5 years. I wonder if that is too big of a hurdle for alot of vendors.

In OKC, the Parlor (http://www.parlorokc.com/) is a similar concept with 6 month leases. The idea is that local restaurants use their kitchens for experimental foods that they can take back to their home restaurant. Restaurant Groups also use it to try out new concept restaurants to fine tune a concept and menu. The short lease also lets The Parlor switch out kitchens frequently.

The net result is that the offering is constantly changing and interesting. It's like a new place all of the time.
Edmond Bear

Went by a couple of weeks ago and it looks like they just have Captain Billy Whizbang. Anyone see other kitchens here?
Grimm
BlasianAsian is supposed to move in there soon too.. I think the ramen place that was behind dancing bear moved over there... It's not really walking distance to any of the places we go and parking looks kind of bad so I don't know when we will make it over there... Also they close at 8pm so that is kind of a *** non starter for us.
transmit5by9
I was there after the Oklahoma game, Downtown was packed, both with folks looking to eat/drink, as well as traffic congestion from those hoping to escape the I-35 construction. Parking wasn't an issue. I saw plenty both on and off street.
Edmond Bear

8p? Wth? That seems way too early to close.
Boernebear
Edmond Bear said:

8p? Wth? That seems way too early to close.

Yeah, isn't that when people go to dinner on the weekend, especially college kids?!
PartyBear
transmit5by9 said:

I was there after the Oklahoma game, Downtown was packed, both with folks looking to eat/drink, as well as traffic congestion from those hoping to escape the I-35 construction. Parking wasn't an issue. I saw plenty both on and off street.

Didn't the OU game end at about 11 pm? It was open?
transmit5by9
Kickoff was 6:35 or so. The game was over about 9:15, if memory serves. Union Hall was definitely open. Every place I scoped out downtown was very busy.
manalive137
My fam went by last weekend. We had no idea what we'd be walking into, but they had Koko Ramen, Wizzbangs, Wacool Tacos, Sam's Union Bar and Unshakable Milkshakes open. Probably 30-40 ppl eating at the time...a little light, but not exactly a ghost town. We really enjoyed it and will be back, but it's definitely still a work in progress.
hodedofome
My wife and I went this weekend and there was a good crowd considering there were only like 4 or 5 places open. We got the ramen and it was really, really good. I also got a taco from Wacool and it was excellent as well. Great vibe and atmosphere. It's gonna be a great place to go when it's filled with restaurants, where everyone hangs out. I'm excited about it and it's a great addition for Waco.
Edmond Bear

What is the name of the ramen place?
WacoKelly83
Koko Ramen
https://m.facebook.com/koKoRamenWaco/
Edmond Bear

Thanks!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.