Incoming Baylor Parents Highlight Tour

1,574 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Big12Bear
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We talk about Baylor a lot where I live. One of the questions I get from prospective kids and parents is; What is there to do in Waco?

So, if parents were going to bring their 17-year-old down to Waco this summer to tour Baylor and Waco, what do you think I should tell them to do that makes our scene cool and unique?

Magnolia for mom is a given. Balcones and/or Southern Roots Brewery for dad.

In your mind, what are the most impressive things they could see or do in Waco?

This thread is for the parents. I'll ask about the kids in another thread.

AStaton
Edmond Bear said:

We talk about Baylor a lot where I live. One of the questions I get from prospective kids and parents is; What is there to do in Waco?

So, if parents were going to bring their 17-year-old down to Waco this summer to tour Baylor and Waco, what do you think I should tell them to do that makes our scene cool and unique?

Scruffs.
BellCountyBear
Like all other parents everywhere, look at their phone.
tombeaux
The Mammoth National Monument. Cameron Park.
CammoTX
Baylor has a marina that is free to students

Waco has a solid skeet and trap facility near the airport

Good affordable golf at Cottonwood and Bear Ridge (hopefully)

Growing restaurant scene

Cheap drinks at bars and restaurants

New top golf and movie theater coming

Little traffic

Amazing city park
Redbrickbear
Not attacking you personally....but I hate these kind of questions.

What is there to do in Waco? Well what is there to do in college station Tx? What is there to do in Norman OK, Stillwater OK, Lubbock Tx, Fayetteville AR, Tuscaloosa AL, Oxford MS, Bloomington IN, Knoxville TN, Athen GA, Auburn AL, Ann Arbor MI?

I mean all 100,000 person college towns have about the same things to do....bars, restaurants, and a few local attractions. These are college towns....the COLLEGE is what there is to do.

I get sick to death of the Houston/DWF folks talking with drooling slack jaws "muh thar is nut'in to dur hearr"

Shut up you idiot urbanites....these toddlers who have to be entertained non-stop and who act like anything less than a Alpha world city is beneath them.
Edmond Bear

I'm not even sure where to go with that...except to say that experience is wildly different from town to town.

Would you rather live in Austin or Stillwater? Ames does not have inland surfing like Waco, but they have better water.

And, I cannot speak for Dallas or Houston people. I live in the Oklahoma City area, and they just know Magnolia, Baylor, and Koresh (weirdly, years later, the Baylor grad FBI spokesperson for the Koresh incident became the chief of police for Edmond.)

Gen Z kids are very experience-oriented, and it's not weird for them to want to know the experience of Waco and Baylor.
KajunKarlsdad
Edmond Bear said:

Take the kid to BSR Cable Park.
Big12Bear
Waco Paddle Co - get out on the river for an hour if its a nice day
Mammoth NP
Cameron Park
Texas Sports HOF (if they like sports)
Texas Rangers Museum (if they like history)
Union Hall (haven't been, but variety in one place)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.