The Magnolia Network - About to Make Waco the Epicenter...

3,621 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by OsoCoreyell
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
...of women ages 25-54

The four-hour special Magnolia Presents: A Look Back & A Look Ahead featured a look back at the Gaines' hugely popular HGTV series Fixer Upper as well as a preview of the 10 new series the network plans to launch with. It improved the DIY time-period averages vs. the same period last year by 402% in total viewers and by +647% in Women 25-54.

The four hours of the block now rank as four of the top five telecasts in DIY's history in P25-54 ratings. Sunday Prime ranks as the highest rated night in DIY's history among P25-54 (0.38) and several other demos; the entire Sunday lineup on DIY (7A-4A) ranks as the highest rated day in network history among P25-54 ratings (0.31), W25-54 ratings (0.40), and several other demos.

I am really interested to see what impact this has on Waco. What kind of jobs does the expanding Magnolia empire bring? I'm sure it's not TV/Video production. It will have to be additional HQ types jobs - management, HR, AP/AR, Tech, etc. What else?

PartyBear
That article is difficult to understand.
Edmond Bear

My wife made our family watch all four hours. It was actually pretty good. They have some really cool stuff planned in the right format for a specific audience. This will do extremely well.

bularry
May need to go back for graduate school
BCL79
Seems I heard that Chip was considering at least a portion of the production work to be done in Waco area. The possibility of sound stages being built. Maybe ? That would be awesome if it could happen.
southtexasbear
My In-Laws in Houston added DIY network to their cable package just to watch this preview.
BaylorHistory
They must have Super Bowl numbers with the 40-55 white women crowd because they dominate the whole young women age bracket and I rarely hear about someone under 35 watching.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
BellCountyBear
Flip or flop is better. The blonde chick on that show is way hotter than Joanna.
bularry
BellCountyBear said:

Flip or flop is better. The blonde chick on that show is way hotter than Joanna.

But she's so stupid it hurts me to watch. But yes, she's bought a fantastic body.
Flaming Moderate
BaylorHistory said:

They must have Super Bowl numbers with the 40-55 white women crowd because they dominate the whole young women age bracket and I rarely hear about someone under 35 watching.
There will be an entire show dedicated to "How to Speak to the Manager."
Edmond Bear
Flaming Moderate said:

BaylorHistory said:

There will be an entire show dedicated to "How to Speak to the Manager."

Well, I'd like to watch that show right now because I'm about to throw my internet provider through the window.

Edmond Bear
BCL79 said:

Seems I heard that Chip was considering at least a portion of the production work to be done in Waco area. The possibility of sound stages being built. Maybe ? That would be awesome if it could happen.

Wondering if there is any more on this. How cool would it be to have a production studio in Waco?

BCL79
Edmond Bear said:

BCL79 said:

Wondering if there is any more on this. How cool would it be to have a production studio in Waco?

I haven't heard it again. However, it would be trs bien !
OsoCoreyell
BellCountyBear said:

I think the blonde looks extremely fake. Not my cup of tea at all.
OsoCoreyell
Also, an aside for a word-nerd. I know the kids all like to say "epicenter," and mean by it the very center of a thing. "Epicenter" is, however, a geological term meaning a spot that isn't the center, but is the spot on the surface of the earth that is most proximate to the actual center of a seismic event, which is often miles under the "epicenter."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.