Scooters coming to Waco

2,070 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by trey3216
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
https://www.fox44news.com/news/local-news/scooters-coming-to-waco-this-month/
Edmond Bear

What would be the thinking of barring the scooters from Cameron Park and Baylor campus? Seems like prime locations for customers.
trey3216
Edmond Bear said:

What would be the thinking of barring the scooters from Cameron Park and Baylor campus? Seems like prime locations for customers.

Because they will be left there and become a huge eyesore.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
FranchiseBear
I have witnessed what trey3216 says in both Austin and Lubbock. It can be a real mess. Not sure they still have then in Lbk around campus. The idea sounds good but practically speaking they are just lft on corners and on sidewalks.
ABC BEAR
.....have a feeling the river will be the depository of choice for this junk. Have an original thought, Waco. Don't be a copycat of what others are doing.
Grimm
I believe in general Waco fashion, plans and permits and stuff were launched like a year ago when this stuff was still trendy and the city drags their feet to kill it off without having to kill it off...
BaylorHistory
I could've sworn I saw some downtown like a year or two ago.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
trey3216
BaylorHistory said:

I could've sworn I saw some downtown like a year or two ago.

There were. Byrd/Bird(sp?) just dropped them off downtown one night without notifying the city. Elected folks felt all high and mighty and banned them for not having a business permit in town. They were gone shortly after.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.