New Hotels Coming to Waco Updated August, 2020

9,329 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by trey3216
Bexar Pitts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eleven-League Grant said:

burg0047 said:

... there seems to be enough population and activity out this way to support a nice, smaller hotel.
Perhaps Bellmead's Delta Inn is interested in franchising their 'concept'.

On second thought ...
Back in the day of Buddy's "Road House", both the Bar X and The Old Hickory were two lovely South Loop "boutique" motor courts. :-)
forza orsi
Boernebear said:

Two different projects. The one on 8th is not related to Magnolia. It's a Czech themed restaurant/brewery/bakery with boutique hotel above.

I toured the Pivovar hotel last week. It is very, very nice. Not like anything else in town. It's 28 rooms, each one unique. Lots of hand-crafted stuff for tubs, sinks etc. Nice views of Magnolia, downtown, Baylor. An atrium with views into the brewery. A beautiful hand-carved front desk. Also has two beer spas. I never knew that was a thing, but apparently it is. Also beautiful with hand-made copper tubs. A couple of the guest rooms also have hand-made copper tubs in the bathroom. Even bidets. They're definitely going after a high-end crowd. The owner says he's not just trying to have Waco's nicest hotel, but wants it to be one of the nicest anywhere. I was very impressed with the hotel, the brewery, the restaurant, bakery, etc. My hat's off to them - it's all first rate. The beer is good too.
Edmond Bear
forza orsi said:

Boernebear said:

Two different projects. The one on 8th is not related to Magnolia. It's a Czech themed restaurant/brewery/bakery with boutique hotel above.

I toured the Pivovar hotel last week. It is very, very nice. Not like anything else in town. It's 28 rooms, each one unique. Lots of hand-crafted stuff for tubs, sinks etc. Nice views of Magnolia, downtown, Baylor. An atrium with views into the brewery. A beautiful hand-carved front desk. Also has two beer spas. I never knew that was a thing, but apparently it is. Also beautiful with hand-made copper tubs. A couple of the guest rooms also have hand-made copper tubs in the bathroom. Even bidets. They're definitely going after a high-end crowd. The owner says he's not just trying to have Waco's nicest hotel, but wants it to be one of the nicest anywhere. I was very impressed with the hotel, the brewery, the restaurant, bakery, etc. My hat's off to them - it's all first rate. The beer is good too.

What is a beer spa? And, yes please.
southtexasbear
Edmond Bear said:

forza orsi said:

Boernebear said:

forza orsi
Edmond Bear said:

forza orsi said:

Boernebear said:

Apparently the hops, barley, etc. is good for your skin. In the Czech republic he says it's a group thing where 6 or 8 people hop into a big tub of all that. You sit for 45 minutes and get out and shower. He says Texans are too conservative to do that with friends so the one here is designed for couples. Each spa has two big copper tubs - each big enough for two, so the couple can soak together or each in their own tub. After 45 minutes you get out and shower, dress, and head downstairs to drink beer. He says in the Czech Rep the water is all prepped for you before you walk in. At the Waco one, in order to make sure people know it's clean, it's just pure water with packages of all the stuff you need to dump in sitting there by it. They empty, clean, and disinfect after each use. As far as I know it's the only one in Texas. I have no idea if it does you any good at all, but it's a nice-looking room.

Here is a link to video at the Waco Trib. The site is almost unusable with ads, but you can see pretty well in the video. It's about 3 weeks old. On Friday all the rooms had all the furniture and lamps, and it looked like it was getting pretty close to finished. https://wacotrib.com/studio/news/watch-now-inside-pivovar-wacos-czech-brewery-restaurant-hotel-project-downtown/video_12a4f502-4dad-5447-b510-0d914b96bfa8.html
Edmond Bear
forza orsi said:

Edmond Bear said:

forza orsi said:

Boernebear said:

Apparently the hops, barley, etc. is good for your skin. In the Czech republic he says it's a group thing where 6 or 8 people hop into a big tub of all that. You sit for 45 minutes and get out and shower. He says Texans are too conservative to do that with friends so the one here is designed for couples. Each spa has two big copper tubs - each big enough for two, so the couple can soak together or each in their own tub. After 45 minutes you get out and shower, dress, and head downstairs to drink beer. He says in the Czech Rep the water is all prepped for you before you walk in. At the Waco one, in order to make sure people know it's clean, it's just pure water with packages of all the stuff you need to dump in sitting there by it. They empty, clean, and disinfect after each use. As far as I know it's the only one in Texas. I have no idea if it does you any good at all, but it's a nice-looking room.

Here is a link to video at the Waco Trib. The site is almost unusable with ads, but you can see pretty well in the video. It's about 3 weeks old. On Friday all the rooms had all the furniture and lamps, and it looked like it was getting pretty close to finished. https://wacotrib.com/studio/news/watch-now-inside-pivovar-wacos-czech-brewery-restaurant-hotel-project-downtown/video_12a4f502-4dad-5447-b510-0d914b96bfa8.html

Sounds like fun. Can you make your spa water into beer to give to your friends? Maybe generate some bubbles?
baylrballa
yeah, I'd totally have to taste the spa water.
Yogi
As one of the Czech alumni, I will assure you that we were making beer in out bathtubs going back to college.

Yeah, you cab thank us.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
trey3216
Yogi said:

As one of the Czech alumni, I will assure you that we were making beer in out bathtubs going back to college.

Yeah, you cab thank us.
seems it didn't stop
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.