Republic Gun Club off 84?

3,669 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by beerman
TrapIt4Life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Driving to work this AM, I noticed a big clearing on the east side of 84 (in the stretch between Speegleville Rd and Ritchie Rd) and there was a sign indicating a new gun club was being built.

Anyone have any more information on this?

https://republicgunclub.com/

Seemed super random, and hoped someone knew a little more backstory
PartyBear
It isnt that random. There is a lot of developing out that way. There is a new shopping center that will have restaurants such as a Moreoso's Pizza almost done at the Ritchie Road exit of 84. To me that seems bizarre going right up into a residential area.
Coyote Bear
PartyBear said:

It isnt that random. There is a lot of developing out that way. There is a new shopping center that will have restaurants such as a Moreoso's Pizza almost done at the Ritchie Road exit of 84. To me that seems bizarre going right up into a residential area.

The Outlook? That project is complete. It's a really great location. Unfortunately for them, timing just sucks with unprecedented pandemic killing retail projects right now.
BaylorHistory
PartyBear said:

Wait really? I had no idea they were opening a location there. That would is fantastic news.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
1outawayBear
saw that sign today going to lunch as well. interesting on moreosos!
Grimm
Oh, it's indoor... Bummer... The one in temple rents full auto stuff.
CammoTX
By the time it opens 50 rounds of full metal jacket ammo for your 9 mm will cost $200!
BearCPA
Grimm said:

Oh, it's indoor... Bummer... The one in temple rents full auto stuff.
Indoor gun range in Belton has a full auto experience...
PartyBear
I should clarify. Moreoso's was planned pre pandemic at least. I don't know if a location there is still planned.
Moondoggie
Morosos?!? Are they finally putting cheese and toppings on that dry crust they call pizza?
Ok atmosphere but lord the pizza is the ripoff. Totinos has more toppings and cheese imho, but check it out if you want. I have family that eats there. They go without me
beerman
pitchman said:

Morosos?!? Are they finally putting cheese and toppings on that dry crust they call pizza?
Ok atmosphere but lord the pizza is the ripoff. Totinos has more toppings and cheese imho, but check it out if you want. I have family that eats there. They go without me

I'm not sure the Moroso Info is correct or if Dan was ever placing a location in the 84 corridor (pandemic or not). I do believe the developers wanted an eatery, and Moroso was a target.

My wife and I eat at Moroso regularly, location is good for us. I agree the pizza there is different but it's intended to be. Supposedly it's just the authentic pizza from the region of Italy where the owner's family came from.

Has anyone had the pizza at Di Campli's? We have eaten there 2-4 times but have not tried it yet.....anyone have a report?
Yogi
I am glad to have access to an indoor range in Waco.

Yeah, it's not great for AR's, but if Biden gets elected, the defunded police are going to come confiscate all your AR's and weapons that carry more than a single round anyway.

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
baylrballa
beerman said:

pitchman said:

Has anyone had the pizza at Di Campli's? We have eaten there 2-4 times but have not tried it yet.....anyone have a report?

good, but not near as good as moroso's.
Yogi
baylrballa said:

beerman said:

pitchman said:

good, but not near as good as moroso's.
No one can touch Shorty's.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
beerman
TrapIt4Life said:

Driving to work this AM, I noticed a big clearing on the east side of 84 (in the stretch between Speegleville Rd and Ritchie Rd) and there was a sign indicating a new gun club was being built.

I looked into a concept like Republic years ago. It would have been a secondary opportunity and with the licensing, prices of dirt, real estate etc, I just wasn't sure if it could be profitable.

Indoor ranges have done remarkably well in urban areas and I wish these folks the very best. I will for sure want to join and I hope it will be well-received. I believe we have enough people with discretionary income in McLennan County to not only help it survive, but thrive.

Some concepts I have seen allow their members to test guns that they otherwise wouldn't have access to shoot, offer great self-defense/safety/urban combat classes and I've been to a few that have 19th holes for "post-shooting" cocktails....
trey3216
pitchman said:

You have no idea what actual pizza is apparently.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
IASIP Rocks
pitchman said:

beerman
TrapIt4Life said:

I was able to get some info.....3 levels of membership being offered that range from $400-$900ish (annually). 19 indoor lanes. Will have accommodations for tactical rifles. Gun rentals available. Plan on having leagues, classes, national accreditation opportunities. Gun shop with smithing. Lounge area that can be rented for private parties.

20% discount for early sign-up. If you go to the link, leave your contact and they'll get back to you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.