popular Waco bar that was closed for months finally reopened but

5,349 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bearss
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Stranger
Sues No. 2?
I'm a Bearbacker
CTbruin
The old "Milky Way Store" bar.........
Redbrickbear
Who owns Scruffs now?
Stranger
CTbruin said:

The old "Milky Way Store" bar.........

I used live fifty feet across the alley from that Milky Way. Very convenient.
T-REX
Redbrickbear said:

Who owns Scruffs now?
I know one of the owners but I believe there is another. The one i know is a life time Waco guy/Baylor supporter. He usually is working there on the weekends as a bar back
Redbrickbear
T-REX said:

Redbrickbear said:

Who owns Scruffs now?
I know one of the owners but I believe there is another. The one i know is a life time Waco guy/Baylor supporter. He usually is working there on the weekends as a bar back
Didn't Josh Warnica own it at one time?

T-REX
Redbrickbear said:

T-REX said:

Redbrickbear said:

Who owns Scruffs now?

no idea who that is
Redbrickbear
T-REX said:

Redbrickbear said:

T-REX said:

Redbrickbear said:

Who owns Scruffs now?

no idea who that is
Some one told me that was the name of a guy who owned it.

I found this online: https://www.bizapedia.com/people/texas/waco/joshua-warnica.html
BearCPA
Rocklow LLC (Michael and Josephine Leonard) owns the real estate.

Business Personal Property is taxed to F P Weaver.
trey3216
Redbrickbear said:

T-REX said:

Redbrickbear said:

Who owns Scruffs now?

yes, at one time, but that was a while back
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
trey3216
BearCPA said:

Rocklow LLC (Michael and Josephine Leonard) owns the real estate.

Business Personal Property is taxed to F P Weaver.

There's a group of 4 guys that own the business equally as far as I can remember.
IndyYes
Emory, the backyard bartender, owns that place when I'm drinking.
Chipoople
Tim still own a part of it/work there occasionally?

Great guy. Haven't seen him in 8 years.
T-REX
Chipoople said:

no idea. I'm only "close" with ome of the owners. I just moved bacl to tx in dec and live in dfw so scruffs trips revolve solely around when im im town for games pretty much & were same way in 2019 before moving back. I only went there once in college but was dead and i was a freshman but remember i didnt go to baylor, mcmurry in abilene. After that, it was one weekend in 2018 for tcu game( my 1st at mclane) where I drove down on a Thursday night from kc, almost 10 hours, amd went straight to scruffs and went thurs, fri, and sat nights.

I just tweet a lot about scruffs lol. Baylor needs as many college bars as possible to attract & keep students. I go to bars in every away game town I visit. Baylor needa 5 more scruffs
trey3216
Chipoople said:

Tim is living in Jackson, WY now. He may own 1/4 still, but not 100% sure.
dougl999
Another vote for Sues #2. Bill Bill's was the trendy spot.
bearss
My old realtor, Sean McCann, was the original owner. And, yes, he is Irish ... even has the accent.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
dougl999 said:

Another vote for Sues #2. Bill Bill's was the trendy spot.
Good times at Sue #2's. I rarely missed a weekend when Rif Raf. Classie Ballou also drew a good crowd.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
No Longer Gold
IndyYes said:

is he still there? He used to sling a mighty burger and the best tots Ive ever had back when scruffs had food.

Also did an impressive Michael Jackson on Karaoke night.
trey3216
Swart Dra said:

IndyYes said:

is he still there? He used to sling a mighty burger and the best tots Ive ever had back when scruffs had food.

Yes, Emory is still there. He also owns a small side business called "Karaoke on Wheels". He shows up to parties, wedding receptions, family reunions, etc and his car is basically a rolling Karaoke machine with a pretty wicked sound system.

And yes, Uncle Em used to make a pretty mean sammich. Worked with him at George's while I was in school (until he quit and went back to Scruffy's)
br53
trey3216 said:

Swart Dra said:

IndyYes said:

Yes, Emory is still there. He also owns a small side business called "Karaoke on Wheels". He shows up to parties, wedding receptions, family reunions, etc and his car is basically a rolling Karaoke machine with a pretty wicked sound system.

And yes, Uncle Em used to make a pretty mean sammich. Worked with him at George's while I was in school (until he quit and went back to Scruffy's)

He could fry some ice cream and pour a hell of a drink too.
DocCrowl
The guy who works as a barback is a partial owner, and works as barback to make extra $ in tips. Emory's karaoke business is booming according to him, and he shows videos to just about anybody who happens to bring up anything even tangentially related to music lol. All good guys there

Eleven-League Grant
bearinwoodway said:

My old realtor, Sean McCann, was the original owner. And, yes, he is Irish ... even has the accent.
Speaking of Sean, the best steaks I've ever eaten in Waco were served when he and Frank Cavanaugh operated the Water Works restaurant (long vacant) on the river in the late 80's - early 90's.

They sold Colorado Sterling Silver tenderloins and NY strips by the ounce, cooked them over real mesquite logs, and even had live piano music while you dined. At the time, I preferred it to anything you could find in Dallas.

I haven't seen Sean in a few years, but I assume he still has that accent?
bearss
Eleven-League Grant said:

bearinwoodway said:

Speaking of Sean, the best steaks I've ever eaten in Waco were served when he and Frank Cavanaugh operated the Water Works restaurant (long vacant) on the river in the late 80's - early 90's.

They sold Colorado Sterling Silver tenderloins and NY strips by the ounce, cooked them over real mesquite logs, and even had live piano music while you dined. At the time, I preferred it to anything you could find in Dallas.

I haven't seen Sean in a few years, but I assume he still has that accent?
Yes, accent is still there! I remember those Water Works steaks!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.