Luigi's Woodway

7,810 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Weston Rogers
WacoKelly83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just noticed a sign for a restaurant called Luigi's along the hwy 84 service road in Woodway. This is the same spot that previously housed Kendrick Tire after they moved out of downtown Waco. Anybody have any information? Interesting that it is directly across hwy 84 from the new di camplis Italian restaurant.

Then again, I rarely drive the access road and that sign may have been there forever. But there is also a sign from a local contractor next to it so there may be something to it.
Weston Rogers
This will be their second location... Currently have a spot in McGregor, they aren't going for the same experience Di Campli's is, much more in line with Portofino's.
Nguyen One Soon
Have been gone for a while, but the best Italian food in Waco before I moved was Luigi's in McGregor.
hill02
Luigis is excellent. When is it opening?
Grumpy
I'm so glad to hear that this is a second location. I love the small-town feel of the McGregor location. It's a great place, and I hope they can replicate it in Woodway!
trey3216
Grumpy said:

I'm so glad to hear that this is a second location. I love the small-town feel of the McGregor location. It's a great place, and I hope they can replicate it in Woodway!
I hope they don't kill their business in McGregor to be honest. A lot of their business is from Woodway/Hewitt.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
WacoKelly83
Drove by today and construction is well underway. No signs announcing an opening date
TechDawgMc
Is Luigi's in McGregor related to Luigi's in Belton?
jbbear
TechDawgMc said:

And Luigi's in Rockwall? Mt Pleasant? Atlanta TX?
Bear Doc
jbbear said:

TechDawgMc said:

I hear he has a brother named Mario and they actually used to be plumbers back in the 80s...
Stranger
jbbear said:

TechDawgMc said:

Or Midland?
I'm a Bearbacker
PartyBear
I think the location is right across 84 from the new Italian place called Capenelli's or something like that. I always want to say Campeses' lol. But I think it is Capenelli's. I have never been to either Luigi's or the other new place.
trey3216
PartyBear said:

I think the location is right across 84 from the new Italian place called Capenelli's or something like that. I always want to say Campeses' lol. But I think it is Capenelli's. I have never been to either Luigi's or the other new place.

di Campli's
Mike E
Luigi's (McGregor) is opening a Woodway location!? Sweet!
forza orsi
Nguyen One Soon said:

Have been gone for a while, but the best Italian food in Waco before I moved was Luigi's in McGregor.

It was. Luigi's is decent moderately priced Italian food and for a long time the best we had. De Campli's is better, but a whole different dining experience and price. Moroso's weekend specials are also really good. He's not just a pizzeria any more. But it will be good to also have Luigi's close by.
Bearicade
hill02 said:

Luigis is excellent. When is it opening?
guessing late summer
I know you believe you understand what I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
CooterBU
Here's to going it's BYOB like in McGregor.
trey3216
CooterBU said:

Here's to going it's BYOB like in McGregor.
I highly doubt it will be. Can't really justify new construction and high rent on a spot where you don't generate significant high margins, as in those from alcohol sales.
Nievesa1
Is not its second location. The owner closed the one in Mcgregor that he has for many years and opened this one on Highway 84. He actually took the same menu and keeped the same low prices. The new location is brand new and it is way more spacius. Recommended 100%!!
Weston Rogers
Nievesa1 said:

Is not its second location. The owner closed the one in Mcgregor that he has for many years and opened this one on Highway 84. He actually took the same menu and keeped the same low prices. The new location is brand new and it is way more spacius. Recommended 100%!!
Thanks for the update Luigi!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.