Waco weather

5,657 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by historian
Shakesbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
historian said:

Plus a 50+ car accident in Austin.

Most Texans (outside the Panhandle) don't know how to drive in this weather.

I've never known anyone that knows how to drive on ice, be they from Montana, Chicago, or Colorado. Snow? Sure, no problem. We get ice for the most part
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
historian
Most Texans don't know how to drive in snow eight& it often seems in rain too.
Bearicade
Shakesbear said:

historian said:

I've never known anyone that knows how to drive on ice, be they from Montana, Chicago, or Colorado. Snow? Sure, no problem. We get ice for the most part
Black ice is no joke. At least ice that can be seen can be driven with extreme caution.
Robert Wilson
Shakesbear said:

historian said:

Yeah, when I realized how easy it was to drive on snow, I began to realize why Northerners talked so much crap.

They don't realize we usually get nothing but a sheet of ice, and often black ice.
historian
It is easy to drive on ice: you only need to go a bit slower, especially when stopping. Too many Texas don't even take that common sense precaution.
Robert Wilson
historian said:

It is easy to drive on ice: you only need to go a bit slower, especially when stopping. Too many Texas don't even take that common sense precaution.
I had to drive 250 miles on ice Sunday. Just took it real slow and very steady. Don't ever break on it if you don't have to, and if you do make it really easy and slow. Make turns real slow and easy. I had no trouble, but I saw dozens of wrecks.
historian
You drove intelligent. Most people here in Texas do not realize one needs to take all those precautions. The other day I was driving 130+ miles and saw a couple wrecks, including a full sized pickup upside down! That surprised me.
Yogi
That definitely looks like a Buick...
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Robert Wilson
historian said:

You drove intelligent. Most people here in Texas do not realize one needs to take all those precautions. The other day I was driving 130+ miles and saw a couple wrecks, including a full sized pickup upside down! That surprised me.
I saw a couple of those, too. The most and worst wrecks were on the edge of the icy conditions where I think people didn't yet realize they were on ice. Lots of nasty stuff around the northern edges of Houston.
historian
Probably so. Also, probably too many people out.
gobears20
Staff
ABC BEAR
gobears20 said:

We ready
It's a Buick. Somebody call the Texas CAN Academy
gobears20
Staff
MrGolfguy
Ended up being 205 consecutive hours under 32*; old record was 150 hrs.
historian
gobears20 said:

Nothing there
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.