Pignetti's to add second location in Waco

8,278 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by WacoKelly83
Bexar Pitts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Robert Wilson said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Robert Wilson said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Yogi said:

4th and Inches said:

Hopefully they are as good as you guys say.. gonna be tough to pull me away from Fazolis

Seriously, I would love an old school italian place like you find on the east coast(shout out to Gorgios on Pine in Philly)
Like the kind of place you walk into, they pat you down for weapons, ask you what family you're from and then pop open a bottle of Sangria.

No one else ever been to Little Italy during the evening a few years back?

Way back "in the day," very similar experience in a few New Orleans establishments. Some colorful characters were always around.

Mosca's
Bingo. Gravel parking lot..Out of the way on 90 in Westwego...Italian Clam or Shrimp salad 'to die for." :-)
Great old place. Oysters Mosca was a helluva dish.
Yep. Oysters Mosca was their "signature" dish. ( if there is such a thing!) Haven't been back there in many, many moons. I think the building may still may be owned by Marcello's family..Obviouisly meant crab salad..Should read my own posts. :-)
Robert Wilson
Bexar Pitts said:

Robert Wilson said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Robert Wilson said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Yogi said:

4th and Inches said:

Hopefully they are as good as you guys say.. gonna be tough to pull me away from Fazolis

Seriously, I would love an old school italian place like you find on the east coast(shout out to Gorgios on Pine in Philly)
Like the kind of place you walk into, they pat you down for weapons, ask you what family you're from and then pop open a bottle of Sangria.

Way back "in the day," very similar experience in a few New Orleans establishments. Some colorful characters were always around.

Mosca's
Bingo. Gravel parking lot..Out of the way on 90 in Westwego...Italian Clam or Shrimp salad 'to die for." :-)
Yep. Oysters Mosca was their "signature" dish. ( if there is such a thing!) Haven't been back there in many, many moons. I think the building may still may be owned by Marcello's family..Obviouisly meant crab salad..Should read my own posts. :-)
That place felt like you were stepping back in time ... or into a movie. Talk about atmosphere.
Bexar Pitts
Robert Wilson said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Robert Wilson said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Robert Wilson said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Yogi said:

4th and Inches said:

Mosca's
That place felt like you were stepping back in time ... or into a movie. Talk about atmosphere.
Yessir...Think maybe you were...to both!
KajunKarlsdad
Bexar Pitts said:

Robert Wilson said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Robert Wilson said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Robert Wilson said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Yogi said:

4th and Inches said:

Mosca's
Mosca's is in Avondale and was still open before Ida, not sure now. They usually close for almost a month in late summer. Carlos Marcello's family still is involved in the business.

Barstool's review of Mosca's with pics
jbbear
Bexar Pitts said:

Weston Rogers said:

4th and Inches said:

Can always head up to Dallas and get some toasted ravioli from Campisi's on Mockingbird if you want that vibe.
If you're old enough, you might remember it as " The Egyptian." Been there buku times. There was no telling who might drop in.
Like Jack Ruby back in the day....
Bexar Pitts
KajunKarlsdad said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Robert Wilson said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Robert Wilson said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Robert Wilson said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Yogi said:

4th and Inches said:

Mosca's
Mosca's is in Avondale and was still open before Ida, not sure now. They usually close for almost a month in late summer. Carlos Marcello's family still is involved in the business.

Barstool's review of Mosca's with pics
Thanks for the article. Food looks like it did "back then." Recipes are forever, aren't they. If you go to Moscas, you better like garlic..50 years ago, it was in the middle of nowhere..That area of the "west bank" was referred to in general as Westwego.. The "Little Man" ( and you never said that!) was known by everyone in Orleans Parish..and then some..I've heard that curious patrons would come just for that reason alone..and kept their voices low and quietly enjoyed the experience! .The chef was indeed superb in his craft, and I'll bet the food is as good now as it was then..The article was very interesting, and I'm sure combines local legend and factual description in perfect mix for a well written piece. Thanks again for posting..brings memories vividly back to an old geezer!
Bexar Pitts
jbbear said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Weston Rogers said:

4th and Inches said:

Can always head up to Dallas and get some toasted ravioli from Campisi's on Mockingbird if you want that vibe.
If you're old enough, you might remember it as " The Egyptian." Been there buku times. There was no telling who might drop in.
Probably so. Before the Campisi's bought it, it was the Egyptian Lounge..In fact, it is said the Campisi family kept the outside sign and replaced the word "Lounge" with "Restaurant." Ruby was a well known bar operator in those early days, and those guys would visit other establishments all the time.
jbbear
Bexar Pitts said:

jbbear said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Weston Rogers said:

4th and Inches said:

Probably so. Before the Campisi's bought it, it was the Egyptian Lounge..In fact, it is said the Campisi family kept the outside sign and replaced the word "Lounge" with "Restaurant." Ruby was a well known bar operator in those early days, and those guys would visit other establishments all the time.
I miss my regular visits to Campisi's. Salami with jalapenos was my go to pizza.
trey3216
jbbear said:

Bexar Pitts said:

jbbear said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Weston Rogers said:

4th and Inches said:

I miss my regular visits to Campisi's. Salami with jalapenos was my go to pizza.
go banana peppers, so much better
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Bexar Pitts
trey3216 said:

jbbear said:

Bexar Pitts said:

jbbear said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Weston Rogers said:

4th and Inches said:

go banana peppers, so much better
You can "squeeze" a man for his clothes, cars, or women...But not his favorite pizza "toppins! " :-)
forza orsi
Bexar Pitts said:

jbbear said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Weston Rogers said:

4th and Inches said:

Campisi sort of has the vibe, but IMO most of it is manufactured. Their mafia connection isn't really that close and the best way to tell that is they promote that idea on their website. Anyone with real connections would never use it in a marketing campaign or they would be dead. They may have associated with folks on the edge over time, but that's not the same as a Cosa Nostra connection. It's fun for patrons to to think "what if" but there's just no Dallas mafia to associate with.
Bexar Pitts
forza orsi said:

Bexar Pitts said:

jbbear said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Weston Rogers said:

4th and Inches said:

Campisi sort of has the vibe, but IMO most of it is manufactured. Their mafia connection isn't really that close and the best way to tell that is they promote that idea on their website. Anyone with real connections would never use it in a marketing campaign or they would be dead. They may have associated with folks on the edge over time, but that's not the same as a Cosa Nostra connection. It's fun for patrons to to think "what if" but there's just no Dallas mafia to associate with.
Grazie..Never said there was.
RightRevBear
I live in Temple, and I have ate at Pignetti's many times. I love their Veal Portofino. They have Osso Bucco on weekends that is very good. Also, they have the best wine selection in town. They have a wine club that is very popular.
WacoKelly83
Anybody know what's going on with this? Did they delay it?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.