Game time and broadcast set For Gonzaga game

2,466 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by gobears20
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Big_Pumpin
Huh? Ike the free peacock I get with Roku Tv or I'm going to have to pay extra for this game?
parch
Oh sweet, so I have to pay $5 to watch this game? I hate the current streaming climate so much.
LitigiOSO
This game is supposed to be part of an NIL deal pilot program to benefit the players on both teams.
LitigiOSO
B.A. '92, J.D. '95
bear2be2
parch said:

Oh sweet, so I have to pay $5 to watch this game? I hate the current streaming climate so much.
Remember when everyone used to talk about the beauty/joys of a la cart television? They conveniently neglected to mention that every fork-full would be on a different plate.

As with everything else, the consumer loses again.
historian
LitigiOSO said:

This game is supposed to be part of an NIL deal pilot program to benefit the players on both teams.

Theoretically that makes it less painful but I wonder how much of the money actually goes to each player.

At least it will probably be more entertaining than whatever you spend going to the movie theater these days.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Johnny Bear
historian said:

LitigiOSO said:

Theoretically that makes it less painful but I wonder how much of the money actually goes to each player.

At least it will probably be more entertaining than whatever you spend going to the movie theater these days.

That's not comparing it to much.
historian
That's my point. It seems like most of what Hollywood puts out these days is trash. I don't want to waste my time or my $$$.
ETexLawBear
Try the promo code "SAVEBIG". Peacock is running a Black Friday deal through Monday, 11/28/22. $0.99 per month (+tax) for 12 months. Can cancel any time.

I'll pay a buck to watch the Bears. Lord knows I've spent far more than that to buy season tix, hotel rooms, bowl game tix, etc.
historian
Here is the link for everyone's convenience:

https://www.peacocktv.com/blackfriday?voucher%5B%5D=SAVEBIG&cid=2211pfsblkfripkpdsearch10438&utm_campaign=2211pfsblkfri&utm_source=pk_ggl_gglsa&utm_medium=pd_search_br_srcpy&gbraid=0AAAAACqYaJovjq8n-URitOWEOJgBcscGJ&gbraid=0AAAAACqYaJovjq8n-URitOWEOJgBcscGJ&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlr_326LF-wIVdRvUAR1kGAMHEAAYASAAEgLUIPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Marlin
Signed up for the promo for .99 cents a month for the year.

I've been wanting to watch Yellowstone anyway.
historian
Ditto on both counts. The game is 6 days away….

Too bad Gonzaga won't be ranked as high after 2 losses. At least there will likely be 2 more ranked Big 12 teams.
CorsicanaBear
Not interested enough to jump through the hoops to watch one game. This is as stupid as the football game we played that was only carried on Facebook to which I do not and will not belong.

Quote:

NIL deal pilot program
So in the future we can expect all big games to be pay per view with proceeds going to the players? I'm out.

This whole setup reeks of the NBA genius we hired to run the conference.
EvilTroyAndAbed
historian said:

That's my point. It seems like most of what Hollywood puts out these days is trash. I don't want to waste my time or my $$$.

I've gone to the theater about 20 times this year and had a great time every time. Didn't see any trash.
CorsicanaBear
Don't understand the allure of movies in the theater. 80 inch UDH TV, surround sound system. Good enough. Stop the show to refill drinks, go to the restroom, get snacks. Don't have to plan in advance. Many other advantages. Haven't been to a movie in the theater in about 5 years. Nights out mean dining for us, not movies.

Movies killed live theater. Streaming will kill movie theaters except for art houses and publicly supported venues, just like live theater.
Mitch Henessey
Lots of "old man yells at cloud" energy in this thread
historian
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I guess that applies to trash as well.
Mothballs
historian said:

Ditto on both counts. The game is 6 days away….

Too bad Gonzaga won't be ranked as high after 2 losses. At least there will likely be 2 more ranked Big 12 teams.

Could be three loses after the Xavier game tonight. They aren't the team this year that they have been in the past.
historian
They managed to pull it off, barely: 88-84. I'd like to think it means Xavier is pretty good but they aren't ranked because their record is terrible. At least the Zags will probably still be ranked when we play them.
EvilTroyAndAbed
historian said:

If you don't see anything, you don't really have the right to call it trash.
Bear8084
CorsicanaBear said:

Don't understand the allure of movies in the theater. 80 inch UDH TV, surround sound system. Good enough. Stop the show to refill drinks, go to the restroom, get snacks. Don't have to plan in advance. Many other advantages. Haven't been to a movie in the theater in about 5 years. Nights out mean dining for us, not movies.

Movies killed live theater. Streaming will kill movie theaters except for art houses and publicly supported venues, just like live theater.

Not really.
Bear8084
Mitch Henessey said:

Lots of "old man yells at cloud" energy in this thread

"I don't like movies, therefore it must mean there should be no movies at all!"
Bear8084
CorsicanaBear said:

Not interested enough to jump through the hoops to watch one game. This is as stupid as the football game we played that was only carried on Facebook to which I do not and will not belong.

Quote:

NIL deal pilot program
So in the future we can expect all big games to be pay per view with proceeds going to the players? I'm out.

This whole setup reeks of the NBA genius we hired to run the conference.

That genius is also steering the Conference to be in the strongest and best position to survive. A position that has been sorely lacking for the Big 12.
historian
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

historian said:

If you don't see anything, you don't really have the right to call it trash.

Much of what I've seen was trash. Of those films I have seen I saw enough clips & read enough reviews to come to a reasonable conclusion. In the end, it's an opinion & I have as much right as anyone to express my opinions. You have an equal right to disagree.

I'm selective in my tastes. I really do not understand why people are bothered by that.
gobears20
Staff
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.