Ole Miss Hires Chris Beard

5,166 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Fre3dombear
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.kob.com/sports-stories/ap-college-sports/ole-miss-hires-former-texas-coach-chris-beard/#:~:text=Mississippi%20has%20hired%20Chris%20Beard,event%20at%20the%20SBJ%20Pavilion.

LOL. Horn to really enjoy playing new rivals Bama, LSU, Ole Miss, etc.
Aliceinbubbleland
JP1037
They closed the deal with a promise of unlimited Hotty Toddy's
parch
I just hope he doesn't choke.
BearFan33
That didn't take long lol
Johnny Bear
Had the media not gone into overdrive to thoroughly destroy him, Briles would probably would've been picked up by a SEC school well before now.
EvilTroyAndAbed
You think Mark Adams will join his staff?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Good for Chris Beard. Right now it seems like Pee Wee Herman could win coaching UT!

Clown world.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
EvilTroyAndAbed
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Good for Chris Beard. Right now it seems like Pee Wee Herman could win coaching UT!

Clown world.

Whatever kind of horrible human being he is, he's an incredible coach. They'll start winning at Ole Miss and soon.
boognish_bear
bear2be2
boognish_bear said:

She ain't wrong. But that's been the message in the SEC forever.

And if history is any guide, no one will be talking about this next year and beyond when Beard is leading Ole Miss to tournament appearances.

College sports can be gross sometimes. This is one of those.
boognish_bear
I remember Rhule brought Rachel in and she was very supportive of BU at a time when a lot of outsiders were not

bear2be2
boognish_bear said:

I remember Rhule brought Rachel in and she was very supportive of BU at a time when a lot of outsiders were not

Rachel is one of the very few who recognized and celebrated the lengths to which Baylor went to change its program and university culture -- lengths virtually no one with similar issues went to before or has gone to since.

I'm thankful that Baylor held itself accountable and made the changes it did. I think we're in a much healthier place now as a result. But the lack of acknowledgement of that fact from media types who have largely ignored the many universities that have opted to take a bunker mentality is pretty remarkable.
Stefano DiMera
Lot of good things Rhule did for us that 'dont show up in the box score '.
Robert Wilson
bear2be2 said:

But the lack of acknowledgement of that fact from media types who have largely ignored the many universities that have opted to take a bunker mentality is pretty remarkable.
It's almost as if it's not about what you do, so much as it's about who you are and what narrative can generate the most clicks/traffic...

"Baptist school is a bunch of filthy hypocrites!" -- TRENDING
Reverend
What the "powers that be" did is shift responsibility and then pat themselves on the back.

Baylor is ok now but the real culprits got away clean, and some people (one in particular) were ruined. Beard has a new multimillion dollar job three months after being accused of felony assault, and Art Briles, who didn't do anything of the sort, can't get a job after 7 years.
BUmoneymaker
Oh how the turn tables have...
boognish_bear
bear2be2
Reverend said:

What the "powers that be" did is shift responsibility and then pat themselves on the back.

Baylor is ok now but the real culprits got away clean, and some people (one in particular) were ruined. Beard has a new multimillion dollar job three months after being accused of felony assault, and Art Briles, who didn't do anything of the sort, can't get a job after 7 years.
What did Baylor do to Briles that Texas didn't do to Beard? You can't blame Baylor for your boy being blackballed. It was public perception/backlash that made Briles radioactive, not Baylor. All Baylor did was fire him (justifiably) and respond to litigation and threatened litigation from Briles' incompetent legal team, which only succeeded in making things one million times worse for their client.
boognish_bear
Chamberman
boognish_bear said:

I don't get the TCU part. ???
boognish_bear
Chamberman said:

boognish_bear said:

I don't get the TCU part. ???

bear2be2
boognish_bear said:

Where's his fiance?
Reverend
I can and I do.
JP1037
bear2be2 said:

Reverend said:

What did Baylor do to Briles that Texas didn't do to Beard? You can't blame Baylor for your boy being blackballed. It was public perception/backlash that made Briles radioactive, not Baylor. All Baylor did was fire him (justifiably) and respond to litigation and threatened litigation from Briles' incompetent legal team, which only succeeded in making things one million times worse for their client.

This fool has BDS.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Clown world.

Whatever kind of horrible human being he is, he's an incredible coach. They'll start winning at Ole Miss and soon.
I think the man is probably like the rest of us and not a perfect man. I think UT erred in their early dismissal of Chris Beard. We shall see. Agree with you that he is a great coach!

-- Barack Obama
bear2be2
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Clown world.

I think the man is probably like the rest of us and not a perfect man. I think UT erred in their early dismissal of Chris Beard. We shall see. Agree with you that he is a great coach!
Have you strangled, bit and thrown your significant other?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Clown world.

No Sir! Never. But I have argued with my wife. You can be the ultimate judge and jury if you would like. A shame you weren't able to contact Ole Miss before they hired this heinous woman beater.

-- Barack Obama
Stefano DiMera
Did OJ do it? Did Robert Blake do it or have someone do it?
bear2be2
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Clown world.

No Sir! Never. But I have argued with my wife. You can be the ultimate judge and jury if you would like. A shame you weren't able to contact Ole Miss before they hired this heinous woman beater.
So no one can or should ever be held accountable for anything. Got it.
boognish_bear
Pretty much every comment is a kick in the OM sack

EvilTroyAndAbed
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Clown world.

What do you mean "we shall see?" Chris Beard is an abuser of women. It's there in the police report. HAVE YOU READ IT? And you think Texas should have kept him as a leader of men? Are you ****ing serious????

He's a great basketball coach and a horrible human being. That's not "we have all erred." That's objective. Anyone who would do what he did to a woman is horrible.

He's not like the rest of us. Not in the least.
Robert Wilson
Too bad the ranks of the baylorfans righteous don't run the Travis County DA office. Those guys must be a bunch of woman hating knuckle draggers.
whitetrash
boognish_bear said:

Pretty much every comment is a kick in the OM sack

Probably just a bunch of Bama fans taking shots at them.
bear2be2
Robert Wilson said:

Too bad the ranks of the baylorfans righteous don't run the Travis County DA office. Those guys must be a bunch of woman hating knuckle draggers.
There's often a gulf between what can be proven in court without a cooperating victim or corroborating witness and what actually occurred. To pretend there's not and that no charges/conviction means no crime occurred is willful ignorance.

I'll take the contemporaneous report over the recanted accusation most times, particularly in domestic abuse cases or any case involving high-profile/rich defendants who have the means and influence to make their issues disappear.

And when we've reached a place where taking a hard-line stance against beating/strangling a woman is virtue signaling, we've got serious issues as a society.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.