Great Job Coach Tang!!!!

4,969 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Quinton
Booboo Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bear8084 said:

DanaDane said:

We all said it from the first of the year, this is the year anyone could win it. And with Izzo's elimination, it ensures the winning coach will be collecting his first Natty. Would be so cool to see Tang get it.

(and, hiding behind the wall to keep the rocks from hitting me) If he doesn't, I wouldn't mind seeing Few finally win it.

Yeah, don't get the Few hate. Him and CSD seem to be pretty tight, and we already proved and got ours over one of his most elite Gonzaga teams ever. It would be really cool if Few or Tang win it all.
If either Tang or Few wins, it's a win for the Big 12!

;-)
bear2be2
DanaDane said:

We all said it from the first of the year, this is the year anyone could win it. And with Izzo's elimination, it ensures the winning coach will be collecting his first Natty. Would be so cool to see Tang get it.

(and, hiding behind the wall to keep the rocks from hitting me) If he doesn't, I wouldn't mind seeing Few finally win it.
We'll take rocks together then. I'm pulling for K-State or the Zags.

But I think UConn is the best team in the field right now. They're playing scary basketball.
bear2be2
Not looking good for the Zags. Timme has been great tonight, but he's gotten no help and they can't defend UCLA at all.
Bear8084
bear2be2 said:

Not looking good for the Zags. Timme has been great tonight, but he's gotten no help and they can't defend UCLA at all.

Showing some life now.
bear2be2
Bear8084 said:

bear2be2 said:

Showing some life now.
Drew Timme is an awesome college basketball player. It's pretty incredible that Flo owned him twice.
bear2be2
The Zags are showing some toughness tonight. They're owning the boards.
DanaDane
Timme is one of the best college basketball players on offense over the past couple of decades. As you said, the thought that Flo, of all people, is one of the few who owned him is uncanny.
DanaDane
Gonzaga flipped the defensive switch on in the 2nd half after that awful first half the way we did against UCSB.
historian
Zags are looking great now! From down by 13 to leading by 10 (now 9).

22-4 run in 2nd half
historian
I would love to see the TangCats vs Zags play gif it all in Houston. I would be happy with either team winning.
LIB,MR BEARS
I want pull for Few till KState is eliminated then, I'll struggle with it because I don't care for zeroD Timme.
DanaDane
And as skilled as Timme is with the basketball in motion, it's equally uncanny that Flo is actually a better FT shooter.
historian
Flo has been working on his free throws and it shows.
bear2be2
DanaDane said:

And as skilled as Timme is with the basketball in motion, it's equally uncanny that Flo is actually a better FT shooter.
Two huge misses there at the end.
bear2be2
What a freaking game. These two teams play classics every damn time.
historian
What an ending for the Zags!!
DanaDane
What an incredible game. Just WOW.
Big_Pumpin
Fun night of basketball!

Also, why do Florida Atlantic fans hate Australia so much?
Quinton
We did. But top end UConn to me has been the best team the whole year. They are just prone to slumping and some insistency. Healthy Ucla as well but they're missing two guys and are out after gassing in the second half.

Interested to see Bama, Texas, and Houston. If one or more of those fall tomorrow I'll agree as the left side of the bracket could beat a UConn or Gonzaga in a one game situation.
Quinton
Wild game. Ucla completely gassed in the second half. They have no depth with two critical injuries.

Crazy region and unfortunate three of probably the 5 best teams have to eliminate each other before the final four. as I had Gonzaga as a dark horse and UConn has the highest top end of any team in the field.
DanaDane
Quinton said:

Healthy Ucla as well but they're missing two guys and are out after gassing in the second half.

Yes. I kinda had a soft spot for them because they were similar to our situation last year where key injuries may have ended up costing them a title. UConn looks impressive though and they've been on a roll in this tournament.
gobears20
Staff
It amazes me how these reporters are so clueless

Johnny Bear
bear2be2 said:

Bear8084 said:

bear2be2 said:

Showing some life now.
Drew Timme is an awesome college basketball player. It's pretty incredible that Flo owned him twice.

Yes, it is and it's funny how matchups work in college bball both from an individual perspective and from a team perspective. For whatever inexplicable reason or reasons Flo, despite his limitations and shortcomings, was a bad matchup for Timme - who has been one of the premier post players in the country the last few years. Also, for whatever inexplicable reason or reasons from a team standpoint a flawed ISU team was a terrible matchup for BU this past season. It's one of those intangible things that is hard or even impossible to explain - but you know it's real.
CaseyBu72
Congrats Coach Tang...........Secret sauce for sure.........maybe Tang will sink Gonzo's again
Bill Vahrenkamp
bear2be2
Johnny Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

Bear8084 said:

bear2be2 said:

Showing some life now.

Yes, it is and it's funny how matchups work in college bball both from an individual perspective and from a team perspective. For whatever inexplicable reason or reasons Flo, despite his limitations and shortcomings, was a bad matchup for Timme - who has been one of the premier post players in the country the last few years. Also, for whatever inexplicable reason or reasons from a team standpoint a flawed ISU team was a terrible matchup for BU this past season. It's one of those intangible things that is hard or even impossible to explain - but you know it's real.
Styles make fights
Quinton
It's strange. Our two games against them were the best defensive lock downs in his entire career. It's not like he hasn't played athletic longer teams. Torched Ku, Memphis, Bama. Just couldn't do much of anything against us. Some of Flo's most locked in games
Quinton
I do too. I don't think they were shoe Ins but I do think they were undervalued and had a great shot. I think our team last year would have been big favorites if healthy.

I also have a small spot now for Gonzaga due to their terrible timing in 2021.

I look for teams that play/look like pros. UConn when rolling and Ucla peak were the only two teams this year where I got that feel for any length of time. Alabama (close at times), Houston, Texas just look like really good , physical college teams to me.

The teams that play at their pace and get their shots whenever they want make it look easy. Only UConn has that level this year. Bu 21, Zags 21', Villanova 18'.. that level of team. The other top end teams this year just have a choppiness to their game. UConn last night beats every team in the field by 10+.
bear2be2
Quinton said:

It's strange. Our two games against them were the best defensive lock downs in his entire career. It's not like he hasn't played athletic longer teams. Torched Ku, Memphis, Bama. Just couldn't do much of anything against us. Some of Flo's most locked in games
When Flo can focus on defending the low post against a moderately athletic, back-to-the-basket big, he's a good defender because he does a good job of positioning himself and staying vertical.

I thought when we weren't stupidly asking him to try to switch onto guards that he did a good job on Kalkbrenner in the loss to Creighton last week.
tmcats
GruntTuff said:

Coach Tang's agent two weeks from now if they get to the Final Four: "Hey AD, Jerome is getting a lot of calls. He likes it here ok, but he needs 7 years at $5mm a year, with Jerome having an opt out after year 4, with you guys having the right to cancel the opt out for the last 3 years at $7mm a year".

AD: "Give me 48 hours".

AD to billionaire Kansas basketball loving and KU hating farmer. "Billy Bob, I need money".

Billy Bob: "Do it".
money is seldom an issue up here. both gene taylor and chris klieman got runs from other schools and quickly resigned new contracts.
LIB,MR BEARS
Quinton
Okay Tang can legit win this whole thing now. The team that emerges from the West/Midwest will be really really good and probably the favorite but in a one game situation anything can happen... Creighton v San Diego St winner will be an extremely tough out though if they get by FAU.
bear2be2
Quinton said:

Okay Tang can legit win this whole thing now. The team that emerges from the West/Midwest will be really really good and probably the favorite but in a one game situation anything can happen... Creighton v San Diego St winner will be an extremely tough out though if they get by FAU.
All of the teams left are good.

FAU was severely underseeded. The CUSA should have been a three-bid league.
Jacques Strap

Quinton
No doubt just think the matchups are as good as they could ask for. They don't matchup great with Bama (San Diego St is built for them) who is now out.

Fau will be tough but it's as good a draw as they could hope for. I think Fau is good but more like a top 20 type team. K state has experience winning in that situation. Some great games ahead.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.