Who stays for next year?

9,435 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Crawfoso1973
Karab
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Now that the season is done, who still has eligibility and is likely to stay?

Or put another way, who is gone? Keyonte gets drafted and Flo retires from college play, right?
IowaBear
Flo is the only 1 out of eligibility. George has had 1 foot out the door s good 3 weeks so he's gone. Hopefully the rosters revamped. We need some dogs across the board
Karab
IowaBear said:

Flo is the only 1 out of eligibility. George has had 1 foot out the door s good 3 weeks so he's gone. Hopefully the rosters revamped. We need some dogs across the board

Key to success: dogs.
Key to failure: dogwater.
IowaBear
ImABearToo
I miss those physical, mentally tough guys like Davian, Vital and Quincy. Tangs loaded with that type of players, tcu as well. We seem much much softer than past teams.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
IowaBear
We don't seem softer, we are softer and it's not even close. This is one of the softest teams I can recall Drew ever having
Fre3dombear
ImABearToo said:

I miss those physical, mentally tough guys like Davian, Vital and Quincy. Tangs loaded with that type of players, tcu as well. We seem much much softer than past teams.

We look like Blouses frommChappelle but don't play like blouses.
Fre3dombear
IowaBear said:

We don't seem softer, we are softer and it's not even close. This is one of the softest teams I can recall Drew ever having

It seemed so AAU where you play 5 games a day and winning doesn't really matter etc
MashedPotatoes
Is there any chance Flagler comes back? Hopefully, Cryer returns. He balled out tonight and most of the season.
IowaBear
If Cryer and Flag came back you're going to have the same defensive issues we had this year. Both are fantastic offensive players who leave a lot to be desired defensively
Mitch Henessey
IowaBear said:

If Cryer and Flag came back you're going to have the same defensive issues we had this year. Both are fantastic offensive players who leave a lot to be desired defensively
Flagler is a serviceable defender, albeit undersized. That's all I'll say about that.
BearkatBear
Flo is gone bc he's out of eligibility. Key is leaving for the league. Flagler, Bonner, and JTT could take their covid year to come back but no idea if they will. Everyone else comes back unless they hit the portal. We also have 2 good freshman coming in and Grimes should be ready to play next year after redshirting this year.
facts don't care about your feelings
IowaBear
He's much much better than George or Cryer without a doubt. Love LJ but he's one of the worst defenders I've ever seen in a BU uniform
Cove Dawg
IowaBear said:

Even with their liability on D I hope Cryer and Flagler return.
Mitch Henessey
BearkatBear said:

Flo is gone bc he's out of eligibility. Key is leaving for the league. Flagler, Bonner, and JTT could take their covid year to come back but no idea if they will. Everyone else comes back unless they hit the portal. We also have 2 good freshman coming in and Grimes should be ready to play next year after redshirting this year.
The Senior Day recognition also honored Jordan Turner and Zach Loveday, for what it's worth. Wouldn't shock me if they both moved on to places where they could see the court more.
IvanBear
Cove Dawg said:

IowaBear said:

One would hope at least one is going to come from the beach next year.

I just don't see Flagler coming back, he looks tired.
DanaDane
Given NIL dollars, the transfer portal and immediate eligibility, it's not safe for any team in college basketball to automatically assume anyone who has been a really good performer is automatically coming back to their program. Some schools are gonna be willing to arrange the situation they feel gives them the final piece of the puzzle for a conference and/or national championship.
boerne bear
Wonder how many classes George attended and how many hours of College Credit he'll leave Baylor with?
ImABearToo
Hope EJ comes back and Flag gives us one more year. Bridges as well, plus LJ. Love has some quality minutes to give and Josh will beef up and improve. Nucleus is there for a bunch of "seasoned" guys to make a run.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
Karab
boerne bear said:

Wonder how many classes George attended and how many hours of College Credit he'll leave Baylor with?

You know... I wonder what a 1-and-done default class schedule looks like.
beardoc
IvanBear said:

Cove Dawg said:

IowaBear said:

One would hope at least one is going to come from the beach next year.

I just don't see Flagler coming back, he looks tired.
So THAT'S where they were.
davesburgerbarn
I don't really see George being a good NBA player. Hope I am wrong.
WA Jim
Agree - we were soft this year - that has to be fixed
chorne68
Cove Dawg said:

IowaBear said:

No way Flagler returns. I hope Cryer comes back. Need a post transfer and another big man.
Shakesbear
IowaBear said:

When your opponent hits 100% of their FT (22/22), over 50% from the field, and almost 50% from 3pt line: you lose! I've never seen a team score at such high efficiency
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
PaperBear89
DanaDane said:

Given NIL dollars, the transfer portal and immediate eligibility, it's not safe for any team in college basketball to automatically assume anyone who has been a really good performer is automatically coming back to their program. Some schools are gonna be willing to arrange the situation they feel gives them the final piece of the puzzle for a conference and/or national championship.

By "arrange the situation" are you implying that NIL might be used to lure said final piece of the puzzle? But but that's illegal, isn't it ;-)
DanaDane
All you need to do is look no further than TruTV for full evidence. Oops, that one went final now and the $$$ advanced.
boerne bear
Question???
Do you think we are better off with one and done 5 stars that could care less about a BU education; or 3 star recruits that go to class and work hard in the class room and the gym and mature and get stronger and improve as players and graduate?
Karab
Shakesbear said:

IowaBear said:

When your opponent hits 100% of their FT (22/22), over 50% from the field, and almost 50% from 3pt line: you lose! I've never seen a team score at such high efficiency

FTs can't be helped.

But the FGs and 3s are influenced by a defense that doesn't upset their rhythm.
IowaBear
Look at that 21 team and you'll find your answer. Give me the 3-4 star with a chip on his shoulder any day over a 5 star looking to showcase himself for the draft.
boerne bear
My point EXACTLY I. B.
PaperBear89
boerne bear said:

Question???
Do you think we are better off with one and done 5 stars that could care less about a BU education; or 3 star recruits that go to class and work hard in the class room and the gym and mature and get stronger and improve as players and graduate?

Said it before and since I am an old man will repeat it until I die: Hungry dogs > Fat cats.
bear2be2
I want guys who are playing college ball because they've grown up dreaming about college ball, not those who are making their mandated stop for a year.

The former will always care more and be more committed than the latter.
PaperBear89
bear2be2 said:

I want guys who are playing college ball because they've grown up dreaming about college ball, not those who are making their mandated stop for a year.

I really like the way baseball does it (not sure if they still do): Wanna go straight to the pros from high school? No problem. Wanna sign with college because you're not sure? Great. Shut up and play college for 3 years minimum.
bear2be2
PaperBear89 said:

bear2be2 said:

I really like the way baseball does it (not sure if they still do): Wanna go straight to the pros from high school? No problem. Wanna sign with college because you're not sure? Great. Shut up and play college for 3 years minimum.
The NBA is expected to do away with the one-and-done rule in the next year or two. I really hope they do. It will help the college game to get guys out of it that don't really want/need to be there.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.