Old Baylor MBB poster

4,510 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Big12Bear
Ashley Hodge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff

This brought back memories
MrGolfguy
Michael Hobbs, Melvin Hunt (now a coach with the Mavs?), Julius Denton, Dennis Lindsey (Jake's dad), Andre Branch and 1 other i can't remember
Ashley Hodge
Staff
MrGolfguy said:

Michael Hobbs, Melvin Hunt (now a coach with the Mavs?), Julius Denton, Dennis Lindsey (Jake's dad), Andre Branch and 1 other i can't remember
no Branch. Joey Fatta and Kelvin Chalmers the other two.
EvilTroyAndAbed
The season we beat the final four Arkansas team and stormed the court. We should have beaten Texas three days prior.
RioRata
Ashley Hodge said:

Was Pay Less our shoe sponsor back then???
whitetrash
RioRata said:

Ashley Hodge said:

Pay-less Gas convenience stores. Chain out of Temple. Originally were Zippy's, then sold to Diamond Shamrock. Most that are still around town are now Valero (and about to become Circle K).
xiledinok
Hunt is now with the Atlanta Hawks. Should be an NBA head coach in the future.
RegentCoverup
Fatta could play nerf hoops for hours in his apartment. I should know since he lived above me.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
Ashley Hodge
Staff
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Fatta could play nerf hoops for hours in his apartment. I should know since he lived above me.
elite shot blocker and post defender. Iba could teach those bigs to deflect/steal post entry passes. Middleton was great at that as well.
RioRata
whitetrash said:

RioRata said:

Ashley Hodge said:

Pay-less Gas convenience stores. Chain out of Temple. Originally were Zippy's, then sold to Diamond Shamrock. Most that are still around town are now Valero (and about to become Circle K).

Now this is a trip down amnesia lane. I had forgotten about Zippy and Pay-less.
bularry
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

The season we beat the final four Arkansas team and stormed the court. We should have beaten Texas three days prior.

Fun games. Remember someone in student section had a donut on a fishing pole and they kept yelling at Oliver Miller during warmups. The whole Ark team was laughing
bularry
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

He cleaned my apartment toilets one time
EasyE
Ashley Hodge said:

They only had 6 players?
Media Bear
Ashley Hodge said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

elite shot blocker and post defender. Iba could teach those bigs to deflect/steal post entry passes. Middleton was great at that as well.
And the offensive skills (Fatta) ... of a pilot whale. Lucky to exceed 4 ppg in any given outing, yet would put up an 18-20 effort about twice a year
Lawbear
bularry said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Fun games. Remember someone in student section had a donut on a fishing pole and they kept yelling at Oliver Miller during warmups. The whole Ark team was laughing
Pretty sure it was a hot dog, right? At least that is how I've been telling the story for the last 30 years.
whitetrash
Lawbear said:

bularry said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Pretty sure it was a hot dog, right? At least that is how I've been telling the story for the last 30 years.
It was a styrofoam hotdog clamshell. Back when the student section was right behind the visitors bench (before Li'l Tommy Penders and his mulletfro complained).
RegentCoverup
Media Bear said:

Ashley Hodge said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

And the offensive skills (Fatta) ... of a pilot whale. Lucky to exceed 4 ppg in any given outing, yet would put up an 18-20 effort about twice a year
I've never seen a slower player his height.

And the facial expression, the stillness. the consistent blank expression.

Fatta is a good dude, but a scorer with the ball in his hands? Not so much.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
STL1944
Yes... It was a hot dog. Fun night!
lorbay
That Arkansas game was Awesome. I remember someone taunting Todd Day (I think that was his name) during warm ups and Day threw the ball at his head and the ball bounced right back to Day. The officials missed it. It was pretty funny. We played Texas to the wire just before this game. That was a new gym too! What ever happened to Julius Denton? He was a tough as nails competitor!
bularry
Lawbear said:

bularry said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

crap, you may be right. my old memory was a donut. either way, funny as hell.
bularry
STL1944 said:

was it a night game? my foggy memory says it was during the day.
whitetrash
bularry said:

STL1944 said:

was it a night game? my foggy memory says it was during the day.
1pm game for tv. We were the lead on sports center until Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson that evening.
Russell Gym
bularry said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

I do remember. I believe a hot dog lure was used as well.
Big12Bear
Ashley Hodge said:

MrGolfguy said:

no Branch. Joey Fatta and Kelvin Chalmers the other two.
Forgot about Chalmers. He was good. Was Alex "Chief" Holcombe on this team?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.