Feb. 12, 2001 What a fun night for Baylor fans!

4,540 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PartyBear
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
gobears20
Staff
If you guys thought Acy had some great dunks I wish you could have seen Terry Black.
gobears20
Staff

CSIBear
Softmore year at Baylor and was in the FC with my roommates. Great game. We still talk about some of those dunks.
OsoVerde
That was a great night to be a Baylor Bear! The FC was rocking.
BaylorOkie
Great game. There were a couple of times where he almost teabagged Kirk Hinrich.
BellCountyBear
That god-awful logo of the Tom Stanton era! Thanks you ******bag!
boognish_bear
Those TB dunks are forever etched in my memory. Such a great night
Self Made Bear
This is the game that made me sign up for BaylorFans.com so I could discuss the game after. One of the best nights ever to be a Baylor Bear. God bless Terry Black.
Asheville Bear
That court though!
sluggo
If I remember correctly, they had recently lost a game (maybe to Iowa St.) and in the post game interview a Kansas player said something like, "It's not like we lost to a team like Baylor". After this game, Terry Black told the reporter, "It's not like we just beat a team like Duke". Classic.
Jokerman
BellCountyBear said:

Oh, sweet merciful heavens. That ridiculous Dr. Seuss font on the end lines, to boot!

Two major memories of that game:
1. Terry Freaking Black.
2. BackToJack came out of his self-imposed exile to revel in the win. (Not to derail the thread, but those of us who lived through the B2J glory days on BF.com will appreciate the callback to all that drama.)
*sheesh* *sigh*
MrGolfguy
I believe that was Baylor's 1st ever 'Big Monday' game and the 1st win ever over Kansas.

While the Baylor Bears font on the baselines was awful, the classic 'skinny' BU at midcourt looks really good.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
rudylaw
Had to work late that night but I had access to cable TV at the job. Don't remember what I was working on seeing as I was glued to the tube the whole time.

That play where Greenleaf tips the ball to himself and oops it to TB was unreal. Bob Wenzel, "Terry Black! Jumping to the moon!"
rudylaw
sluggo said:

If I remember correctly, they had recently lost a game (maybe to Iowa St.) and in the post game interview a Kansas player said something like, "It's not like we lost to a team like Baylor". After this game, Terry Black told the reporter, "It's not like we just beat a team like Duke". Classic.
Quote:

The Bears knew the Jayhawks didn't respect them after leading scorer Kenny Gregory said he could handle Kansas' two previous conference losses because "it's not like we lost to [Texas] A&M and Baylor."

In savoring the victory, Black said: "It wasn't like we beat Duke or North Carolina. It was only Kansas."

Fantastic.
boognish_bear
This is from 2015....so a little dated...but it's an update on TB

https://baylorbears.com/news/2015/9/24/Baylor_Hall_of_Fame_Profile_Terry_Black.aspx
T-REX
BellCountyBear said:

Oh you mean this logo? The one that I brought back from the dead last night at the Lady Bears game in Manhattan? GREEN BEAR WILL LIVE ON FOREVER!!!!!!!!
BellCountyBear
T-REX said:

BellCountyBear said:

Oh you mean this logo? The one that I brought back from the dead last night at the Lady Bears game in Manhattan? GREEN BEAR WILL LIVE ON FOREVER!!!!!!!!

Bring that by i'll burn it for you.
T-REX
BellCountyBear said:

T-REX said:

BellCountyBear said:

It will be in Ames on Tuesday and Saturday, men then women game, then in Waco on March 2nd, Lawerance on March 9th, then the Big 12 Tourny. Plenty of chances to come get it muhahahaha LONG LIVE GREEN BEAR
CSIBear
T-Rex, you are a badass. But that logo is horrible!
T-REX
CSIBear said:

T-Rex, you are a badass. But that logo is horrible!

That is the point my friend. The mother ****ing point MUHAHAHA
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
vanillabryce
Played against Wendell Greenleaf in high school a few times. He was a tough guard. In warmups he'd do cartwheels and backflips after a dunk.
BellCountyBear
T-REX said:

BellCountyBear said:

T-REX said:

BellCountyBear said:

It will be in Ames on Tuesday and Saturday, men then women game, then in Waco on March 2nd, Lawerance on March 9th, then the Big 12 Tourny. Plenty of chances to come get it muhahahaha LONG LIVE GREEN BEAR
That flag will keep Baylor from winning a natty in any sport that matters.
PartyBear
Good God! I had forgotten as well that we had that Green Bear logo font on the end lines. Terrible era as far as logo and accompanying font is concerned.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.