LeBron/Lakers Playoff Thread

11,506 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BaylorBears_254
Roughneck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I personally don't see the Lakers losing a single game.

Hope Fozzie has some insights on this.
atxtraveler
Calling your shot this soon? Who do they have in the first round?
Fozzie
Roughneck it will be tough to find the old thread where I predicted no playoffs for the Lake Show. It has been buried under an avalanche of Texas Tech congratulatory threads. But you can rest assured your insights are 100% on the money here. The Lake Show may be super dysfunctional but they are winners. Showing lots of internal improvements and I think that will carry over to no losses until October.

Looks like we are headed for Celtics vs Warriors in the finals.
BaylorBears_254
The OBSESSION over 1 man lmao. Im laughing my ass off at this thread.

Lebron has literally tortured the Celtics so much that Roughneck is at the point of no return in his hate for Lebron.
And Fozzie, well he just follows his pimp.
bularry
I gotta admit, I laughed when I saw the thread
Roughneck
Not on TV today. Lakers must play tomorrow.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
had some chuckles on this thread. Roughneck and Fozzie are masters at drawing out 254 and I always laugh at his responses.

Some big road upsets already. Brooklyn looks like a great young team.
BaylorBears_254
I have no problem showing up, unlike them.

Im all smiles knowing that Lebrons last playoff victory was against them damn CELTICS!
Roughneck
Celtics played the Pacers yesterday. Lakers aren't even in the East. I'm very confused.

Did you mean to type Clippers and it autocorrected to Celtics? Is that who the Lakers are playing in the playoffs?

I keep trying to google 2019 Lakers Playoff schedule and I'm not finding anything. So I am not lazy.
Fozzie
Roughneck, I was watching the game from my chateau in France. In between approachable wine tastings and light hors d'ouerves, I was screaming at the tele at halftime imploring the Celts to stop jacking around. Apparently they got the message because the Pacers only scored 8 points in the 3rd quarter.

I thought this had to be a record for offensive ineptitude but much to my surprise, the Lakers have done this twice, scoring only 8 measly points in the 3rd quarter. You know who else has done it? Cleveland in 2007 led by LeBron in his prime. Probably against the Celtics if I was guessing.
OldBurlyBear86
Some serious ownership going on here!!!
Fozzie
Roughneck, did you check out the Clover tonight? Just toying with those Pacers. Down 11 to start the 4th quarter and closed out on a 31-12 run. That 12 points by the Pacers in the 4th quarter on 4-16 shooting reminded me of LeBron's 13 point outburst against the Wizards on December 16th on 5-16 shooting. He was 3-6 from the line though.
OldBurlyBear86
Fozzie said:

Roughneck, did you check out the Clover tonight? Just toying with those Pacers. Down 11 to start the 4th quarter and closed out on a 31-12 run. That 12 points by the Pacers in the 4th quarter on 4-16 shooting reminded me of LeBron's 13 point outburst against the Wizards on December 16th on 5-16 shooting. He was 3-6 from the line though.
Fozzie continues the rout!!!

This is like watching a reasonable team play the Lakers. Bron Bron tears are forthcoming. Poor Bron Bron.
BaylorBears_254
The trauma that one guy has given so many middle aged/elderly men is HILARIOUS.

Im literally dying laughing at the attention Lebron gets and he's not even in the playoffs this year. Kinda reminds me of ESPN lol
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Pretty sure a bye to the Finals isn't given out in the West.
BaylorBears_254
Pretty sure LeBron is the reason why these playoff ratings have dropped.

You can hate him al you want...but he's the GOAT...and he owns Boston lmaooooo
atxtraveler
Roughneck... did you ever find the game? I assumed it was on CBS since I don't get that channel.
BaylorBears_254
You know LeGOAT owns the NBA when y'all just cant get enough of him.

Ya know...I thought i was his biggest fan, but i got some competition here
Ashley Hodge
Staff
Speaking of LeBron he was trolling the Thunder last night.

trey3216
BaylorBears_254 said:

You know LeGOAT owns the NBA when y'all just cant get enough of him.

Ya know...I thought i was his biggest fan, but i got some competition here

LeGoat is a bi-product of one of the weakest conferences in professional sports history. He's a phenomenal, generational player. But hardly the GOAT. He may have 1 win and 2 appearances had he played in the West his entire career
BaylorBears_254
Lmaoo STOP! Haven't you heard of those great Boston Celtics that were in the East? Yea, Lebron killed them
trey3216
BaylorBears_254 said:

Lmaoo STOP! Haven't you heard of those great Boston Celtics that were in the East? Yea, Lebron killed them

I'm far from a Celtics fan. I don't give 2 ****s about them
BaylorBears_254
If you know basketball in general then you wouldn't have written what you did before lol.

Please do not define Bron's first year in LA (in which he wasn't healthy, and neither was the team) as something that would've happened throughout his career had he been in the Western conference lol.
trey3216
BaylorBears_254 said:

If you know basketball in general then you wouldn't have written what you did before lol.

Please do not define Bron's first year in LA (in which he wasn't healthy, and neither was the team) as something that would've happened throughout his career had he been in the Western conference lol.
I'm not. I do know basketball, and I'm defining Bron's career by the fact that he would wouldn't have been to 8 or 9 straight finals had he been in the West. The east has been an abject failure since Jordan's been out of the league. No way Lebron gets through SA, PHX, DAL, and LAL 9 years in a row. ZERO CHANCE.
BaylorBears_254
trey3216 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

I'm not. I do know basketball, and I'm defining Bron's career by the fact that he would wouldn't have been to 8 or 9 straight finals had he been in the West. The east has been an abject failure since Jordan's been out of the league. No way Lebron gets through SA, PHX, DAL, and LAL 9 years in a row. ZERO CHANCE.

Ever stop for a second and think to yourself, maybe the East has been a failure because of Lebron? i mean, look at all the teams he pretty much sent into rebuild mode in the East lol. They weren't bad teams at all, they just couldn't get passed LeGoat

The same could be said for Jordan had he been in the West.

I enjoy the threads and the people who belittle GoatBron
Mitch Henessey
BaylorBears_254 said:

trey3216 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Ever stop for a second and think to yourself, maybe the East has been a failure because of Lebron? i mean, look at all the teams he pretty much sent into rebuild mode in the East lol. They weren't bad teams at all, they just couldn't get passed LeGoat

Except Jordan beat the West's best team every year he made the Finals. So, you know, it's a good point, if it didn't ignore facts.
BaylorBears_254
Could've been a different story had he "played" in the West tho.

Yall give Bron a looot of ****, but I've never seen Jordan go against a team like Golden State 4 straight years lol.
trey3216
BaylorBears_254 said:

trey3216 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

No, I didn't think that, because it's a farce. Boston? Lol.
OldBurlyBear86
Mitch Henessey said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

trey3216 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Except Jordan beat the West's best team every year he made the Finals. So, you know, it's a good point, if it didn't ignore facts.
That was also the era of Nike/Stern running the NBA to ensure that Jordan and Co. had a competitive advantage. Too many books written about Stern with his hand out to grab ratings.
FormerFlash
This argument is always intriguing to me because people are very quick to make bold declarations that are pure conjecture. "If Lebron was in the West, he'd never do...". The only problem is, Lebron wasn't in the West so we'll never know. Here is what I do know. The last 8 years when Lebron was dominating the East, star after star signed in the West seemingly to avoid the Lebron juggernaut. No one has ever been able to give me a good answer to the following question. If the East was such a cakewalk, and the West was such a brutal death march, why didn't any of those elite players in the West ever sign with an East team as a free agent in order to give themselves an easier path to a championship?

For what it's worth, I do think the West is a horrific grind to reach the finals and the teams are better. I just think Lebron is part of the reason for that. He's been the undisputed best player on the planet for almost a decade. Guys would rather deal with 3 or 4 tough west opponents in the playoffs than oust a couple cupcakes and have to deal with Lebron. Now that Lebron has gone west, it'll be interesting to see if we do see some star power shift back east. It's being speculated that that will in fact happen.

And for the record, Jordan never beat an opponent anywhere near as good as the Warriors team Lebron and co. beat. Jordan was favored in every one of his finals. Lebron has been the underdog in most of his. Despite his abysmal finals record, Lebron only lost one they shouldn't have against the Mavericks. Lebron's greatness carried teams that had no business being in the finals to the finals where they would ultimately succumb to a far better west team. Here was the 2007 roster Lebron carried to the finals:
Shannon Brown, Daniel Gibson, Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Dwayne Jones, Damon Jones, Donyell Marshall, Ira Newble, Sasha Pavlovic, Scot Pollard, Eric Snow, Anderson Varejao, David Wesley. In what Universe is that a Finals team?
bear2be2
FormerFlash said:

This argument is always intriguing to me because people are very quick to make bold declarations that are pure conjecture. "If Lebron was in the West, he'd never do...". The only problem is, Lebron wasn't in the West so we'll never know. Here is what I do know. The last 8 years when Lebron was dominating the East, star after star signed in the West seemingly to avoid the Lebron juggernaut. No one has ever been able to give me a good answer to the following question. If the East was such a cakewalk, and the West was such a brutal death march, why didn't any of those elite players in the West ever sign with an East team as a free agent in order to give themselves an easier path to a championship?

For what it's worth, I do think the West is a horrific grind to reach the finals and the teams are better. I just think Lebron is part of the reason for that. He's been the undisputed best player on the planet for almost a decade. Guys would rather deal with 3 or 4 tough west opponents in the playoffs than oust a couple cupcakes and have to deal with Lebron. Now that Lebron has gone west, it'll be interesting to see if we do see some star power shift back east. It's being speculated that that will in fact happen.

And for the record, Jordan never beat an opponent anywhere near as good as the Warriors team Lebron and co. beat. Jordan was favored in every one of his finals. Lebron has been the underdog in most of his. Despite his abysmal finals record, Lebron only lost one they shouldn't have against the Mavericks. Lebron's greatness carried teams that had no business being in the finals to the finals where they would ultimately succumb to a far better west team. Here was the 2007 roster Lebron carried to the finals:
Shannon Brown, Daniel Gibson, Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Dwayne Jones, Damon Jones, Donyell Marshall, Ira Newble, Sasha Pavlovic, Scot Pollard, Eric Snow, Anderson Varejao, David Wesley. In what Universe is that a Finals team?
It's kind of a circular argument because Jordan played in a much tougher Eastern Conference, so it was harder for him to get to the finals, playing the Pistons, Knicks and Pacers of that era.

It would have been fun to see Lebron in the Western Conference during his prime. Watching an aging and often-injured Lebron on a terrible Lakers team doesn't help resolve any of these disputes unfortunately.
FormerFlash
bear2be2 said:

FormerFlash said:

It's kind of a circular argument because Jordan played in a much tougher Eastern Conference, so it was harder for him to get to the finals, playing the Pistons, Knicks and Pacers of that era.

It would have been fun to see Lebron in the Western Conference during his prime. Watching an aging and often-injured Lebron on a terrible Lakers team doesn't help resolve any of these disputes unfortunately.
How could you forget some of those Cavs teams Jordan has to contend with?!!! To your second point, I agree that I would have loved to see Lebron in his prime in the West. Hopefully "often-injured" is a gross overstatement and he'll come back 100% healthy next year so we can see what he can do. His injury this year was really the first significant one of his career. I certainly hope it isn't a sign of things to come. At this point, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt he'll be back and be fine as he's been incredible resilient during his 16 year career.
BaylorBears_254
Lol Flash, they dont listen!

Lebron literally sent every team in the East into rebuild mode or made them do something to change their team.

Boston, Indiana, Detroit, New York, Toronto, Phili, Chicago, Atlanta, all of which Lebron torched and made their franchise look bad.

Lebron has lost 1 FINALS, in which i completely say he choked, and that was that Mavs series.

Lebron could very easily be looking at a 5-3 Finals record.
That Mavs series and the 1st finals against GS where Kyrie and Love were injured.

Lebron and the Lakers were headed for a Top 2-4 finish had it not been for the injuries to literally every player on the roster.

I expect the Lakers to be better next year, and also have Leonard alongside Lebron. They just have to stay healthy.
bear2be2
FormerFlash said:

bear2be2 said:

FormerFlash said:

How could you forget some of those Cavs teams Jordan has to contend with?!!! To your second point, I agree that I would have loved to see Lebron in his prime in the West. Hopefully "often-injured" is a gross overstatement and he'll come back 100% healthy next year so we can see what he can do. His injury this year was really the first significant one of his career. I certainly hope it isn't a sign of things to come. At this point, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt he'll be back and be fine as he's been incredible resilient during his 16 year career.
The Cavs had some really nice seasons during that stretch, but they were perennial underachievers in the playoffs. When you only get past the first round twice in about a 30-year period, you don't get put in the same category as the Michael Jordan Bulls, Patrick Ewing Knicks, Chuck Daly Pistons or Reggie Miller Pacers.

And I hope you're right about Lebron. I'd love to see him get and stay healthy. But time catches up with all of us and basketball, like all other sports, is a young man's game.
BaylorBears_254
bear2be2 said:

FormerFlash said:

bear2be2 said:

FormerFlash said:

The Cavs had some really nice seasons during that stretch, but they were perennial underachievers in the playoffs. When you only get past the first round twice in about a 30-year period, you don't get put in the same category as the Michael Jordan Bulls, Patrick Ewing Knicks, Chuck Daly Pistons or Reggie Miller Pacers.

And I hope you're right about Lebron. I'd love to see him get and stay healthy. But time catches up with all of us and basketball, like all other sports, is a young man's game.

Cavs literally didn't start to put a winning team around Lebron until he came back and they knew his first 7 years there was taken for granted by them.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.